Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Anyone else do the buy 1 play set get one for 50% off tru online? I just got a cancellation on the Lone Ranger set which was $35 but they are sending me the cars set for the $17.

Lol now I just need a deal on. The lone set... Really odd tho.
I ordered the same thing on Monday but haven't received the items or the cancellation email.

Anyone else do the buy 1 play set get one for 50% off tru online? I just got a cancellation on the Lone Ranger set which was $35 but they are sending me the cars set for the $17.

My bf bought me the cars and toy story sets online and they came a few days ago. He also bought me race to space and lone ranger, but for store pickup so I didn't have any trouble getting either.

Updated the OP, not much of a note this week beside the TRU B1G1 40% off and the Starter Pack is down $10-15 from some retailers.  I checked the TRU power disc deal linked earlier in the thread but it appears to be dead as the promo pages are blank.  As always please share anything else worth calling out.

Toys R Us

Disney Infinity Starter Pack - $64.99 (reg. $74.99)

Buy 1 Get 1 40% off all Video Games and Video Game Accessories

Free Standard Shipping on ANY purchases of $49 or more

(New this week) Exclusive Crystal Figure Jack Sparrow - $13.99

(New this week) Exclusive Crystal Figure Lone Ranger - $13.99

Amazon

Disney Infinity Starter Pack (except for XBox 360) - $59-67.99 (reg. $74.99)

Target

Disney Infinity Starter Pack - $59-64.99 (reg. $74.99)

So the band from the resort...what exactly does it give you in-game? Is this "Dragon" a vehicle that flies or what?
It's just a piece called the 'Dragon's Gate', after you place it in the toy box after a few minutes a dragon will start flying around and shooting out fireballs, it's pretty cool.

FWIW -- hope I'm not telling you guys something you already know -- my TRU cashier let me buy multiples of the Gold Power Disc Packs, and every other one rang up at 40% off per the accessory sale. :)

FWIW -- hope I'm not telling you guys something you already know -- my TRU cashier let me buy multiples of the Gold Power Disc Packs, and every other one rang up at 40% off per the accessory sale. :)
This is what I was planning on doing to get some of the TRU exclusives, they had pretty much every pack listed on the OP's first post (UPC wise), so I figured this is a good opportunity to get ahold of them.

Got the crystal figures today.  They didn't even have Lone Ranger out - I had to ask a guy and he got one from the back.

Still didn't have series 8 power disk - the guy there tried to tell me it's not out until next Sunday -_-  I'm not entirely sure he knew what he was talking about.  But they haven't put them out yet so maybe the store is under that impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
I asked the employee at the TRU near me.  He actually was very knowledgeable.  He told me the two crystal figures came out, but they haven't received series 8 TRU exclusive yet.  He listed the series numbers they did have and was apparently the stores DI expert.  He said the store itself had no shipment notices yet for any new power disks.  I told him I'd stop by next Sunday!

Apparently some of them are holding the TRON disc for an event on the 15th, so yeah.... next Sunday you should finally be able to get your hands on one.  The TRUs over here are doing the same thing.

isn't there a B1G1 40% off for figures at TRU? Not trying to pay full price for the crystal ones again.

I bought the Frozen play set and the power disc are exactly the same, duplicates. Should I return them to the store and ask for another?

I bought the Frozen play set and the power disc are exactly the same, duplicates. Should I return them to the store and ask for another?
Yes. If it's opened it'll be tougher than if it's sealed. But if you're getting the set from Target it doesn't really matter.

So Wal-Mart annoyed me to no end tonight.  Went to three different locations which all supposedly had plenty of Rapunzels in stock (according to in-stock inventory count on a manger's Telxon) and not a single person in any store had any clue where they were.  One store supposedly had EIGHTY (verified to be her and not just other figures lumped into one UPC) and not a single one could be found.  

I then got to drive home in sleet and ice.  

That sounds pretty cool, actually. I like having a large variety of skydomes. Too bad I was just at Disney World earlier this year and they had the bracelets going on then, but it was still in "beta test" mode or whatever, only some people got the bracelets and my family was not one of them.

I was there in September and it was most of the resort guests that received them(we did not). I believe the plan was to have them available to everyone by 2014.
That stinks :(

I don't know what sort of criteria has to be met to get them now. Maybe Disney Vacation club members. Basically if you give them huge piles of cash on a regular basis.

Meh, it'll be nice when it's available to everyone next year :D

That stinks :(

I don't know what sort of criteria has to be met to get them now. Maybe Disney Vacation club members. Basically if you give them huge piles of cash on a regular basis.

Meh, it'll be nice when it's available to everyone next year :D
Actually it just depends on what resort you stay at. There was no real way to find out before going, so the one we chose(Caribbean Beach) did not have them available yet. While we were there we visited 8-10 other resorts, and I can tell you that most of them had them already... By now I wouldn't be surprised if they were everywhere.

I think you only get the MyMagic bands when you plan your vacation a couple months in advance. They let you schedule ride times for a few rides everyday, so you won't have to wait as long in line.

I think you only get the MyMagic bands when you plan your vacation a couple months in advance. They let you schedule ride times for a few rides everyday, so you won't have to wait as long in line.
Our next trip is January 2015, so I'm interested to see how this whole MagicBand thing goes down.

Kmart

cYB6R0G.png

I went in early October for the "Tower of Terror" 10 miler race and they had Magic Bands for us unexpectedly when we stayed at the Pop Century resort. I think most places will have them in 2014.

The magic bands are still in test phase, technically. They send emails to random guests that are planning ahead to sign up for the beta ahead of time. Basically, that just allows you the opportunity to do the reservation stuff online and tie your stuff together. However, just about everyone is being offered the chance to try them once they check in... which is kind of the way to go right now. While the bands them self do still have a couple things to work out, it is mostly the website that is causing the most issues.

So if you are planning to go to Disney soon, you shouldn't have an issue getting a band... and if you are going in 2015 all the bugs should be worked out and the bands the standard for everyone

I was fairly unimpressed with the magic band stuff to be honest. My wife and Igo to WDW 3 or 4 times a year and honestly I find regular fastpass to be easier to do than the online scheduling was, not to mention in high times you will have to schedule fastpass+ way in advance to get the more popular rides (Toy Story Mania is definitely one of these). I found that the scanners were rather slow at times, if they could up the read time to be almost instant then the bands would be incredible. I know DIsney said they are still working on it, but I'm not sure it'll meet the standards a lot of people think it will. I did like that it was convenient to use for getting into our hotel room though, and entering the park, when not taking forever to read, was pretty nice.

On topic though, I bought 4 packs of discs from TRU last night and got 4 of the 8 exclusives using the b1g1 40%, now just need to knock out the other 4 somewhere down the road and we'll be set.

If I only want 1 power disc pack, will the 15% off printable coupon work on it?

If not, is there a power disc pack that you guys recommend picking up if I can manage to find it?

Picked up the new crystal figures yesterday. First store I went to had no Lone Rangers and showed that there should have been 20 Sparrows on the floor however no one could find them even though I was there on Thursday and there were five pegs worth of Sparrow. Second store I went to only had Jack and were expecting Lone Rangers later this week. Finally at the third store they had both. Felt good to wrap up all figures until Sorcerer Mickey (who you can order on Amazon DE and UK) Phineas and Perry come out next month (?)

I got my cancellation notice today for the Lone Ranger set (got 50% off the Cars set).

I went in early October for the "Tower of Terror" 10 miler race and they had Magic Bands for us unexpectedly when we stayed at the Pop Century resort. I think most places will have them in 2014.
This is veering off topic a bit, but how was that run? I've ran a few marathons and many halves and I've always wanted to do one of the Disney races but to go over there and do everything is very expensive, I was also told the Disneyland marathon in Anaheim was a crummy course and poorly organized, but I'm still pretty insistent on doing at least a 10K or something.

Not true, a friend of mine booked a one night(was already in orlando for a few days) stay only a week in advance and they had the Bands waiting for them when they arrived.

I was fairly unimpressed with the magic band stuff to be honest. My wife and Igo to WDW 3 or 4 times a year and honestly I find regular fastpass to be easier to do than the online scheduling was, not to mention in high times you will have to schedule fastpass+ way in advance to get the more popular rides (Toy Story Mania is definitely one of these). I found that the scanners were rather slow at times, if they could up the read time to be almost instant then the bands would be incredible. I know DIsney said they are still working on it, but I'm not sure it'll meet the standards a lot of people think it will. I did like that it was convenient to use for getting into our hotel room though, and entering the park, when not taking forever to read, was pretty nice.
I pretty much agree with everything you said here.

However, the tech is still pretty cool and it is way better than having to try and fumble for cards & paper fastpasses all the time.

Sorry for the double-post!

One of my packs from Amazon had 2 circle power discs (Ralph and that Doctor guy), I would get two of basically the same thing lol

Not true, a friend of mine booked a one night(was already in orlando for a few days) stay only a week in advance and they had the Bands waiting for them when they arrived.
http://mousechat.net/index.php/2013/09/25/magic-bands-my-magic-plus/

Right now they are still in testing phase. Most rides and reservations need to be booked months in advance or they fill up, according to every review I've ever read on them.

I also read they are having problems with them not working, and getting people to buy into them. Disney blew over $1 billion on the technology so far, and its not coming off looking like a smart investment. Worst of all, they are supposedly delaying Star Wars Land because of this :whistle2:(

Here's a more recent review of them: http://micechat.com/50919-my-magic-plus/

http://mousechat.net/index.php/2013/09/25/magic-bands-my-magic-plus/
Right now they are still in testing phase. Most rides and reservations need to be booked months in advance or they fill up, according to every review I've ever read on them.
I also read they are having problems with them not working, and getting people to buy into them. Disney blew over $1 billion on the technology so far, and its not coming off looking like a smart investment. Worst of all, they are supposedly delaying Star Wars Land because of this :whistle2:(
Here's a more recent review of them: http://mousechat.net/index.php/2013/09/25/magic-bands-my-magic-plus/
Um, okay?

I'm not saying that booking months in advance isn't the best way to go(anyone who has ever gone will agree that booking everything ASAP is recommended). I'm even well aware that getting your Magic Bands & scheduling months in advance is only way to fully utilize them. All I'm saying is it isn't a requirement to be able to get them, at this point it just depends on what resort you stay at.

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to picking up the new figures at TRU tomorrow if I can find them. Anyone else seeing the new TRON disc in the wild?

I agree with a lot of what that review said in terms of the magic bands. I know they won't scrap them, but I wouldn't be shocked to hear them pushing back the full launch of them for 5 or 6 months just to solid up some of the issue they're having. I've read from numerous sources that the feedback they're getting is making the higher ups a bit antsy given the billion plus they've put into this system.

On topic though, I've yet to find the tron terrain in stores, but my TRU sucks, they haven't restocked the infinity section for weeks now.

bread's done
Back