Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

I figured, learned my lesson, will just wait on pulling the trigger on this things. The only two I paid full price for where vanellope and ralph. no more buying time exclusives asap.
Best Buy threw that killer Blu-Ray deal at us, but Target or Wal-Mart offered no such thing, so I didn't bite on either.

a lot of people hesitated on picking up vanellope (target exclusive) and ralp (best buy exclusive) when they were exclusive to two separate stores. I can see why, B2G1 is a much better deal. I am curious. If they are store exclusives, would they not have different S/N? This could potentially make the first batch of exclusives per store worth something. Otherwise store exclusives, is really pointless.
Well, unless you needed them as Christmas presents. I'm sure those stores made quite a bit off people who might otherwise not have bought the figures there.

I didn't have enough cash to get Infinity while the sales were amazing on Black Friday, but the BB prices are low enough now that I'll finally bite. Ordered the Cars, Lone Ranger, and Toy Story playsets for $55 online and since I get paid on Thursday I'll just buy the starter pack in store then. Probably will get Ralph, Woody, Vanellope, Rapanzul, Dash, and Jack Skellington at the same if they're in stock, but it not I'll just order 'em online.

And as someone new to this game: What benefits do the discs actually offer, and is there a way to tell which ones are inside the packaging before buying it? I don't really wanna blind box these things if I don't have to since it'll get pricy over time.

And as someone new to this game: What benefits do the discs actually offer, and is there a way to tell which ones are inside the packaging before buying it? I don't really wanna blind box these things if I don't have to since it'll get pricy over time.
I haven't bought any discs yet but I've read that you can just put them on your portal while they are still in the bag and it will show up on screen what's in the bag.

You may want to track down the series 1 "rare" discs before they start going out of circulation and the eBay hoarders start gouging people.

Now that series 2 has been around for awhile, I'm not sure about the distribution of series 1 packs, but the three rare discs will probably be the only ones that may cost you more. Check Youtube videos for the "scratch" method and you'll learn what you need to do, it's fairly easy to detect them as long as they're in stock.

Oh jeez, in the hour since I've posted about Rapunzel, all the Targets seem to have gone out of stock. Here's hoping it's a computer error and not actually sold out.

Yea! They finally went on sale around 11:20'ish.

I got my order placed for Vanellope, Rapunzel and Violet. Now to sit and wait and see if buying more then 3 of these will result in a GCU ban....which would be absolutely ridiculous.

Yea! They finally went on sale around 11:20'ish.

I got my order placed for Vanellope, Rapunzel and Violet. Now to sit and wait and see if buying more then 3 of these will result in a GCU ban....which would be absolutely ridiculous.
I bought about 12 packs of discs from BB under GCU - if I'm banned due to that I'm going to call everyone under the sun lol.

I'm just about to order pretty much every Infinity figure for my buddy using my GCU discount. Why are people getting banned exactly?
Oooh, oooh, before you order, let me see what's the best deal combination you can put together. I like doing that sort of thing. Hold on.

Actually, nevermind. For some reason Best Buy doesn't sell the Villains 3-pack which makes things difficult, plus the Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box set won't be out for a few months.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooh, oooh, before you order, let me see what's the best deal combination you can put together. I like doing that sort of thing. Hold on.

Actually, nevermind. For some reason Best Buy doesn't sell the Villains 3-pack which makes things difficult, plus the Wreck-It Ralph Toy Box set won't be out for a few months.
For some effed up reason, you can only get 1 free item per online order. So I've got to make SIX, count 'em SIX separate orders to get all the freebies.

And I just broke their website.

I'm just about to order pretty much every Infinity figure for my buddy using my GCU discount. Why are people getting banned exactly?
Well they have the limit of only being able to buy 3 copies of a game with the 20% discount. We have asked best buy on their forums for a specific response to as how this is handled with Disney infinity because for some reason the discount works on Disney infinity but for some reason doesn't work on Wii Fit U for example.

We are all curious because it's not like their system will automatically stop you if you try to buy a 4th title with the discount (like it should). They are requiring you keep totals of how many copies you buy and how many copies you trade in (both have limits). If you go over they say they will ban you (and people are reporting that they in fact have been banned)

So basically, we are just curious if it's handled where you can buy 3 of each character with the discount, or if it's just 3 characters total with the discount.

Essentially this GCU which we all thought was awesome has turned into a complete mess. I can't believe they can't give us answers or use their system to stop us from overusing the discount, instead we have to track it ourself. It's pathetic.

Well they have the limit of only being able to buy 3 copies of a game with the 20% discount. We have asked best buy on their forums for a specific response to as how this is handled with Disney infinity because for some reason the discount works on Disney infinity but for some reason doesn't work on Wii Fit U for example.

We are all curious because it's not like their system will automatically stop you if you try to buy a 4th title with the discount (like it should). They are requiring you keep totals of how many copies you buy and how many copies you trade in (both have limits). If you go over they say they will ban you (and people are reporting that they in fact have been banned)

So basically, we are just curious if it's handled where you can buy 3 of each character with the discount, or if it's just 3 characters total with the discount.

Essentially this GCU which we all thought was awesome has turned into a complete mess. I can't believe they can't give us answers or use their system to stop us from overusing the discount, instead we have to track it ourself. It's pathetic.
The Disney Infinity figures have completely different SKUs. There's no way their system would consider three different figures to be the same product.

The power discs, on the other hand, could pose a problem. If the system is even semi-competent, it would have an exception built in for those. I guess this is Best Buy we're talking about...

Toysrus has power discs series 1 and 2 on BOGO online (one discount per order though) and 3 figures for $30 on selected figures.  

The Disney Infinity figures have completely different SKUs. There's no way their system would consider three different figures to be the same product.

The power discs, on the other hand, could pose a problem. If the system is even semi-competent, it would have an exception built in for those. I guess this is Best Buy we're talking about...
yea it gives you a discount on 4+ for the same order. I understand if you make a lot of different orders maybe that would be hard for the system to track, but when I buy 4 of one item in the same order, if it's not allowed IT SHOULDN'T GIVE ME A DISCOUNT on the 4th one.. not so hard to program

Well, just made 6 orders for my buddy using my GCU discount and the buy 2 get 1 free in the most efficient way we could think of.

Snagged the following: Sidekicks, 2x Frozen (1 for me), Toy Story, Lone Ranger, Cars, Davy Jones, Syndrome, Violet, Dash, Randy, Francesco, Mater, Woody, Jack Skellington, Rapunzel, Wreck-It Ralph and Vanellope all for $187.08.

So that should be absolutely everything for him aside from Sorcerer Mickey and Phineas & Agent P.

Toysrus has power discs series 1 and 2 on BOGO online (one discount per order though) and 3 figures for $30 on selected figures.
I'm debating stopping into the store to see if they will price match the online because I would rather pick the packs rather than getting random ones.

Planning on ordering toy story, lone ranger an cars playsets by friday if my store dont get there weekly shipments by tom or thurs.

Man wish bby have the davey jones randall syndrome 3 pck. So i could pair it with the side kicks pack and frozen toy box!

Planning on ordering toy story, lone ranger an cars playsets by friday if my store dont get there weekly shipments by tom or thurs.

Man wish bby have the davey jones randall syndrome 3 pck. So i could pair it with the side kicks pack and frozen toy box!
Could always pair it with the Wreck-It Ralph toy box, assuming you don't already have those figures and don't mind it being a pre-order.

Oh wait, looks like you're buying in-store. I guess there's always a chance of your store still carrying the villains pack, but with their inventory likely being wiped out around Christmas, I dunno how good those chances are.

NEVARMIND.

Crazy to think that even with the GCU discount buying all three playsets with this deal still doesn't come out to the $17.50 that they were selling for on launch week.

Is francesco, mater, woody, dash, violet, rapunzel, jack skellington only gonna be available in single packs or are they gonna be bundled somehow on the future like how wreck it ralph and frozen is?

Is francesco, mater, woody, dash, violet, rapunzel, jack skellington only gonna be available in single packs or are they gonna be bundled somehow on the future like how wreck it ralph and frozen is?
There's an image of a "Girl Power Pack" that includes Vanellope, Violet, and Rapunzel that's been floating around since launch, but even 5 months later we have no idea when it'll be released.

Disney_Infinity_Girl_Power_Pack.jpg

Otherwise, I think you've safe.

There's an image of a "Girl Power Pack" that includes Vanellope, Violet, and Rapunzel that's been floating around since launch, but even 5 months later we have no idea when it'll be released.

Man hope this is not the case coz i hate to double dip on figures since venellope is already part if the wreck it ralph toy box set.

Hated EA when they started rebundling figures old figures in skylander giants. Turned me off skylanders all together. Thats why i never bought the next 2 iterations of that game. Tsk!

Even with this bundle "possibly" coming out the B2G1 with GCU is a much better discount to buy them on their own.

Man hope this is not the case coz i hate to double dip on figures since venellope is already part if the wreck it ralph toy box set.

Hated EA when they started rebundling figures old figures in skylander giants. Turned me off skylanders all together. Thats why i never bought the next 2 iterations of that game. Tsk!
Nothing at all like double dipping on figures in the same edition....right?

pTRU1-16710404dt.jpg

If you ask me that photo looks rather suspicious. If not the mismatching light levels and uneven color gradients then the description of the contents on the bottom-left (or lack thereof - see 1, 2, 3 for comparison) seems to scream out fake.

Nothing at all like double dipping on figures in the same edition....right?

pTRU1-16710404dt.jpg
Its a variant and i can easily not buy it like how i did not buy any of the variants in the first skylanders. All the regular figures where available in a 3-packs.

If you ask me that photo looks rather suspicious. If not the mismatching light levels and even color gradients then the description of the contents on the bottom-left (or lack thereof - see 1, 2, 3 for comparison) seems to scream out fake.
Y'know, I agree. I've been thinking it was fake from day one, but everybody in the Disney Infinity "community" seems to have taken this image and run with it, so I figured there was no point in going against the grain.

Sure, but you didn't HAVE to buy the regular re-issues in Skylanders either.
The reissues of the 1st skylanders where bundled with the new skylander giant figures in the 3 packs. You didnt have a choice unless you want to spend more on singles which i didnt want.

My point is to save money and get all regular figures without buying duplicates in packs.

So if the singles i mentioned in my post are gona be part of a 3-pack bundle, id rather wait for that than by the singles.

Yay - Vanellope finally in stock (was not early in the AM before I went to bed). I just put in my order for Vanellope, Violet, and Skellington for $20.78 shipped via expedited shipping (GCU unlocked + Elite Plus membership). Actually I only paid $0.78 since I used a $5 RZ cert and a $15 gift card from their $100+ purchase deal last week. But yeah, still count it as $20.78 since I could have used those on something else. $6.93 a figure is pretty nice even if these ones barely ever get used. I can see my kids using Skellington in the game a little, and maybe my 4 year-old daughter will use Vanellope. Violet will just be to unlock the vault in the Incredibles play set.

So I guess I still need Rapunzel (and Mickey) if I want to be complete but I'll wait on some future deal for that.

Yay - Vanellope finally in stock (was not early in the AM before I went to bed). I just put in my order for Vanellope, Violet, and Skellington for $20.78 shipped via expedited shipping (GCU unlocked + Elite Plus membership). Actually I only paid $0.78 since I used a $5 RZ cert and a $15 gift card from their $100+ purchase deal last week. But yeah, still count it as $20.78 since I could have used those on something else. $6.93 a figure is pretty nice even if these ones barely ever get used. I can see my kids using Skellington in the game a little, and maybe my 4 year-old daughter will use Vanellope. Violet will just be to unlock the vault in the Incredibles play set.

So I guess I still need Rapunzel (and Mickey) if I want to be complete but I'll wait on some future deal for that.
Don't forget Phineas and Agent P. ;)

I'm starting to feel like an idiot for not grabbing those $17.50 playsets on day one.  At the time I said to myself, "Well, if I wait a few months I can probably get them for around $15 on BF - or at the very least the same price."  I think having such strong sales at launch threw me off a bit, seeing them that low already made me think it was only a matter of time before they got dirt cheap.

Now, here we are 6 months later and we haven't really even gotten close to discount that deep...  Pair that with the fact that LR & Cars are almost never in stock around me and I'm getting antsy with wondering if I should just bite the bullet or not.  I don't have GCU & I don't really want to buy all of these at once so...  Yeah. :sadface:

Welp, went to Best Buy tonight and they didn't have any of the new (aka old exclusive) figures out.  *sigh*  I had already spent a bunch of time there looking for the damn new movie releases (which they apparently now only have on a display near the registers... waaaaaaaaay away from the movies section) that I wasn't going to bother tracking someone down to grab them out of the back (I'm sure they were back there and as usual BB was lazy putting them out).

Maybe I'll check this weekend.

o0achilles0o said:
Don't forget Phineas and Agent P. ;)
Oh yeah, forgot about those. Well, that means more for a future B2G1. I'll just wait until 2 of those 3 (Phineas, Agent P., Mickey) are out and use B2G1 to get those plus Rapunzel. Then I guess I'll just have to buy that last figure for "full price".

I'm kind of counting on Disney Infinity 2 to both be backwards compatible with the current figures and also to have more interesting things to do with non-playset figures (if nothing else at least a better Toy Box mode). If this was just a one-off product I probably wouldn't have bothered with any non-playset figs beyond Ralph.

This will come off a bit odd, but how much value is their to the power discs?  I've tried doing the scratch trick a few times and other than feeling totally silly while doing it, I just feel like I'm not going to get much use out of them when I pick them up.  

Is there a good amount of value there on the toybox or during gameplay with them?  

Also, if I were to get the TRU exclusive ones, are there ones that people find to be much more valuable or worthwhile?

This will come off a bit odd, but how much value is their to the power discs? I've tried doing the scratch trick a few times and other than feeling totally silly while doing it, I just feel like I'm not going to get much use out of them when I pick them up.

Is there a good amount of value there on the toybox or during gameplay with them?

Also, if I were to get the TRU exclusive ones, are there ones that people find to be much more valuable or worthwhile?
I imagine you'd value them differently as a kid or as an adult. As an adult with no children I only have one perspective. As I never got into Toy Box mode, I really only used the circle discs (which you can only use in the game worlds, I believe; the hexagonal discs are only used in Toy Box mode). I do think the circle ones made the game a bit easier...but it's pretty easy anyhow, so I don't think they're that 'valuable.'

The few vehicles I tried out in Toy Box mode, particularly the flying ones (Dumbo comes to mind) were not fun to play with.

Having said that, I still bought some of Series 2. I think that's more the collector in me than anything else, as I haven't used any of them yet.

Also, keep in mind that all the TRU exclusives will be released in Series 2 & Series 3, they're timed exclusives more than anything.

I didn't know GCU also applied to the power discs but since each series has the same UPC/SKU I won't risk it due to the limit.

I also didn't know that GCU doesn't apply to in-store purchases of the figures.  So I cancelled at the register and used the customer kiosk to purchase online for in-store pickup.  I got the pickup email in about 15 minutes.

I didn't know GCU also applied to the power discs but since each series has the same UPC/SKU I won't risk it due to the limit.

I also didn't know that GCU doesn't apply to in-store purchases of the figures. So I cancelled at the register and used the customer kiosk to purchase online for in-store pickup. I got the pickup email in about 15 minutes.
GCU worked for me instore

There is some value to some discs but not much.

I imagine you'd value them differently as a kid or as an adult. As an adult with no children I only have one perspective. As I never got into Toy Box mode, I really only used the circle discs (which you can only use in the game worlds, I believe; the hexagonal discs are only used in Toy Box mode). I do think the circle ones made the game a bit easier...but it's pretty easy anyhow, so I don't think they're that 'valuable.'

The few vehicles I tried out in Toy Box mode, particularly the flying ones (Dumbo comes to mind) were not fun to play with.

Having said that, I still bought some of Series 2. I think that's more the collector in me than anything else, as I haven't used any of them yet.

Also, keep in mind that all the TRU exclusives will be released in Series 2 & Series 3, they're timed exclusives more than anything.
Thanks for the comments.

I'll pass on adding more of them for now. I could use my Best Buy credit to get some (via pricematch of the TRU online deal) but I think I'll wait on them for a while.

bread's done
Back