Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

SKEETER said:
I also didn't know that GCU doesn't apply to in-store purchases of the figures.

macontosh2000 said:
GCU worked for me instore
Yeah, GCU works in store. I got a figure there for my nephew and also the Skylanders Tower of Time Adventure pack - both had GCU discount applied. You just need to make sure the cashier does it correctly - though really all it takes is you giving them your RZ number up front.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a variant and i can easily not buy it like how i did not buy any of the variants in the first skylanders. All the regular figures where available in a 3-packs.
I think psunami was referring to how you had to buy Crystal Lightning again if you wanted to get Crystal Buzz, as that was the only way you could get Buzz.

Yeah, that Race to Space pack was strictly a Holiday item, I would think. Buzz will likely be the last Crystal figure that Toys R Us offers, maybe even in that glow in the dark variant that's been rumored.

Does anyone know if there is any good deals on a starter packs. And also individual characters? For the wii U.
Starter Pack is $10 off at Best Buy at $64.99, and all figures, play sets, figure 2-packs and 3-packs are Buy 2, Get 1 Free there as well.

Target has single figures for "Buy 1, Get 1 50% off", and Toys R Us has "Buy 3 Figures for $30".

I just look at the first page. But thanks for ur help
You won't get a great deal like the $37 Black Friday/Amazon deal again for awhile, so it'll vary what you think of as a great deal. I paid full price originally and don't regret it though. My son loves the game and that's what matters for me even though I am a cheapass (and aren't we all?)

Hated EA when they started rebundling figures old figures in skylander giants. Turned me off skylanders all together. Thats why i never bought the next 2 iterations of that game. Tsk!
Interesting, even when EA has nothing to do with Skylanders or Disney Infinity they still get hate. You mean Activision?

My area (Tulsa, OK) is nearly sold out of everything at the local Best Buys and Targets.  I snaged Vanellope, Ralph and Repunzle (last ones) but can't find a Frozen set anywhere. 

The profit margin on these things must be huge for these companies. 

Holy crap - got 2 (Vanellope, Violet) of my 3 figures from Best Buy in the mail already. I ordered these yesterday afternoon! For whatever reason, they sent Skellington separately (scheduled for delivery tomorrow). So, yeah, 1-day shipping on 2 of them, and 2 day on the third one. Beats the hell out of a 40 mile round trip to a Best Buy store - probably wouldn't have been able to do that until Saturday anyway.

Holy crap - got 2 (Vanellope, Violet) of my 3 figures from Best Buy in the mail already. I ordered these yesterday afternoon! For whatever reason, they sent Skellington separately (scheduled for delivery tomorrow). So, yeah, 1-day shipping on 2 of them, and 2 day on the third one. Beats the hell out of a 40 mile round trip to a Best Buy store - probably wouldn't have been able to do that until Saturday anyway.
I had that happen on a Sunday morning order that arrived at 10 a.m. the next day. It was amazing when the delivery guy showed up.

I ordered the 3 Play Sets on Sunday 2 were delivered today, one is coming on Friday. Can't win them all.

Yeah, my playsets were the same way, got 2 today already and getting the other one soon as well. Best Buy has been like this the last month with all of the orders I've placed and I've just been using free standard shipping, it's pretty awesome!

Same here, I was pleasantly surprised when I got home today. Now that I picked up Violet I have everything released not including the variants. I don't know how the stores are stocked around you but if they are anything like the ones around here, you wouldn't have found any of the older figures, other than villains.

Holy crap - got 2 (Vanellope, Violet) of my 3 figures from Best Buy in the mail already. I ordered these yesterday afternoon! For whatever reason, they sent Skellington separately (scheduled for delivery tomorrow)...
Same here. He must be kept in a separate warehouse or something. Also got my three play sets today too.

What was the amazon deal? I haven't been keeping track of tInfinity deals until.

Two of the three sets I ordered from BB came in two days, as well.  The third is coming today.  Not bad at all for free shipping!

To date, I've lucked out with the cost of the Infinity stuff.  Got the base pack for $37 on Black Friday, then the Sidekicks pack, Frozen pack and Toy Story playset as part of this B2G1 deal.  So, $90 out of pocket for 10 figures, 4 playsets and some discs....that's not bad, right?

One of my sets showed up yesterday.  The other two are stuck in NY due to "adverse weather conditions".  I hope Buzz and Jessie are keeping each other warm.

Damn would have been nice to be able to get the villains pack with the sidekicks pack and one more thing. Anybody have any luck finding it in-store?

Damn would have been nice to be able to get the villains pack with the sidekicks pack and one more thing. Anybody have any luck finding it in-store?
Well, you've always got the Frozen 2-pack and if you're ordering online, the Wreck-It Ralph 2-pack as well, though it won't ship for another five months.

Quite a few Wal-Marts around me still have both. If you haven't gone in and manually checked yourself then I would do that. They're online inventory tracker isn't the most accurate.

So does buying multiple power disc packs trigger a flag on gcu accounts? Since its not technically a video game but only an accessory to the game its not part of the 3 limit purchase thingie?

CAGkrazy said:
So does buying multiple power disc packs trigger a flag on gcu accounts? Since its not technically a video game but only an accessory to the game its not part of the 3 limit purchase thingie?
Theoretically it could but it seems that someone on the Best Buy forums said it will not be a problem (see the GCU thread for more info). However, beware: they may say that, but the people culling your purchase info may not know what it is and see the same SKU 4+ times and trigger the ban. We won't know for sure until it does or doesn't happen to someone who bought a lot of them. They also confirmed that since the figures are different SKUs you are Ok buying multiple figs (just not more than 3 of any one figure).

Thanks i should have went to the bestbuy thread 1st. Htz actually posted something about it. Haha!

Hmmmm. Ill probably just pass on purchasing the power discs since the discount isnt that much anyways to avoid any risk.

Theoretically it could but it seems that someone on the Best Buy forums said it will not be a problem (see the GCU thread for more info). However, beware: they may say that, but the people culling your purchase info may not know what it is and see the same SKU 4+ times and trigger the ban. We won't know for sure until it does or doesn't happen to someone who bought a lot of them. They also confirmed that since the figures are different SKUs you are Ok buying multiple figs (just not more than 3 of any one figure).
There is going to be a lot of angry people if they ban people as all the swapforce figures share the same sku.

Okie doke, since it looks like Target isn't going to be restocking figures before the sale ends, I'm buying two Rapuznels and a Vanellope at Best Buy tomorrow, and I'm just gonna flip one up on eBay.

...I'm kind of counting on Disney Infinity 2 to both be backwards compatible with the current figures and also to have more interesting things to do with non-playset figures (if nothing else at least a better Toy Box mode). If this was just a one-off product I probably wouldn't have bothered with any non-playset figs beyond Ralph.
I'm hoping this as well. I mean Toybox is fun for a while, but with no actual goal things get boring quick. I'm sure they will add more playsets or at least let the single figures do more because there is no way in hell that they are going to drop Mickey on us and not give him a bigger role. With that one would hope that the other single figs get some love too, ie. Jack.

Quite a few Wal-Marts around me still have both. If you haven't gone in and manually checked yourself then I would do that. They're online inventory tracker isn't the most accurate.
Damn that sucks because there are no Walmarts near me.

Does anyone know with the b2g1 at best buy what happens if you return one? Do you get a partial refund or do you have to return all of them to get any refund at all?

Ordered 3 figures yesterday (Vanellope, Rapunzel, and Violet - to complete the collection of all female characters for my daughters) at 3:00 and they are on the UPS truck for delivery today.  I love Elite shipping sometimes.

We're down to only 9 figures remaining that I don't have (not including Crystal variants.)

We haven't even started playing the game yet, as we want to finish some other games first, but is there anything you get for having all of the characters for a particular play set?  

Yes, each playset has a big "character vault" that only unlocks when you activate it with all characters from that playset. Typically these unlock a skydome and terrain pack for the Toy Box and a prebuilt toybox based on that playset along with other toy box items.

disney_infinity_toy_box_misc_screen_01.jpg

Yes, each playset has a big "character vault" that only unlocks when you activate it with all characters from that playset. Typically these unlock a skydome and terrain pack for the Toy Box and a prebuilt toybox based on that playset along with other toy box items.
Ok. Based on what I've found, there are only 6 that I would need for that. Hmph.

I just cant do the non-playset guys or crystals anymore I don't see the point. I don't see the difference in playing a toybox as Captain Jack or Jack Skellington. I know you can "toybox" worlds that look like they are made for those characters, but I would rather just play levels with objectives. I might feel different if I didn't play Skylanders first where each different character can serve a purpose in the game at some point.

Whelp, ordered three of them from bestbuy.com for the B2G1 deal, but apparently the site lied and they were out of Fransesco (only really picked him to complete my Cars set.. otherwise I need two from Incredibles). Wonder if I should just have him shipped instead of store pickup... *shrug*

Whelp, ordered three of them from bestbuy.com for the B2G1 deal, but apparently the site lied and they were out of Fransesco (only really picked him to complete my Cars set.. otherwise I need two from Incredibles). Wonder if I should just have him shipped instead of store pickup... *shrug*
Could always just grab a filler figure and check back in a few days for an exchange.

I just cant do the non-playset guys or crystals anymore I don't see the point. I don't see the difference in playing a toybox as Captain Jack or Jack Skellington. I know you can "toybox" worlds that look like they are made for those characters, but I would rather just play levels with objectives. I might feel different if I didn't play Skylanders first where each different character can serve a purpose in the game at some point.
It's all good, man. You don't need to justify your method of playing the game. Purchase what you like and go with the flow.

Down to needing just Barbossa, Francesco, Mickey, and the Phineas and Ferb stuff. Thankful for holidays and birthdays that other people bought my kid DI stuff, and thankful for this forum for the stuff I did have to buy myself, cause paying full price would've been brutal.

Any news on another trade event in TRU? Wish they had a trade box in store like how disneyland and disney stores have that vinylmation thing. Tried buying my 1st 2 power discs packs at target and guess what... They were the same!! Sheesh! What luck huh!

So its the last day of b2g1 at bestbuy. Couldnt pull the trigger on the individual packs. Wondering if these will cheaper down the road. Only bought the playsets so far.

Any news on another trade event in TRU? Wish they had a trade box in store like how disneyland and disney stores have that vinylmation thing. Tried buying my 1st 2 power discs packs at target and guess what... They were the same!! Sheesh! What luck huh!
THIS! In the NYC area, I heard there was poor attendance at the TRU events and almost no one came to the one event they had at GS. They have only themselves to blame for that since they barely advertised the events. I'm just amazed that the Disney Stores don't have trading events for these like they used to have for their pins and vinyls.

I completed my series 1 set at the first TRU event. Combined with the TRU sales, I did not have to hunt/pay that much. I'm glad I got the album set with all the series 2 discs included at Target. If not, getting them all for the series 2 would be so costly and tedious right now.

Only regular figures I am missing are sorcerer mickey, phineas and ferb and the 2 lone ranger figures. To have a complete set still need the crystal buzz, mr incredible, sully and lone ranger figures as well.

bread's done
Back