Disney Infinity Deals Compilation Thread

Off topic but we went to Disney World the first week of Feburary in 2013.  Even for the "off season" there are still pretty good lines but like everyone said, if you plan ahead you'll get all of the major things.  We spent 2 days at Magic Kngdom and 1 at Universal Studios.  We saw pretty much every chracter (with signatures) in those three days.  The characters breakfests/lunch/dinners are where it's at for meeting them.

We actually had our best luck for rides and character meet ups just before and after the fireworks. 

Its the same for Disneyland Resort. I really am thinking that Disney was not expecting the level of success that Frozen is having and didn't prepare at all for it. The Disney parks only really had some Olaf plushies, a few little kid accessories (wigs, those packs of poorly crafted figures) and the pushcarts that cast members use to sell things around the park had light up Olaf things for a car. Nothing else, really. I was very disappointed. They only had one loose pin featuring Anna and Elsa and a 4-pack pin starter set. They had an Olaf pin during the films opening day, but that doesn't really count for constantly available merch. Disney stores, like ones found in the mall, didn't have much either. They certainly had more than a Disney park, but the display was still really small, and a lot of the items weren't that great unless you're a huge collector (dolls) or a child (wigs, hair clips, dresses). The Marvel section was bigger. Hell, the Brave section was bigger.

January, after the Disney parks take down their Christmas decorations, in considered the "off-season" for the parks. I don't know how long the "off-season" is, I think it might go until around Easter/Spring Break. Regardless, its not really a low-crowd level time The crowds are certainly better than Summer, Fall, and Winter/Christmas levels, but you should never go to a Disney park expecting it to be empty. The only time that will be true is if there is a huge HUGE rain storm that will keep families from going. I went the last day of Disneylands Christmas season (before decoration takedown) back in 2008 and it was pouring so bad you could pretty much get on whatever ride you wanted assuming they hadn't closed it. Thats unheard of for any day during their Christmas season, especially the very last day (usually a day when lower-tier annual pass members are finally unblocked).

I'm not saying it will be packed when you go, it probably won't, but don't be surprised if some of the more popular rides still have an hour+ wait time. I know at Disneyland, even on a low-crowd index day, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars still have long wait times that would make most people choose the fast pass method.
I remember the majority of the rides during our November 2010 trip having like 10-20 minute wait times, with the most being like 30 minutes at the most.

I guess those days are over.

Its the same for Disneyland Resort. I really am thinking that Disney was not expecting the level of success that Frozen is having and didn't prepare at all for it. The Disney parks only really had some Olaf plushies, a few little kid accessories (wigs, those packs of poorly crafted figures) and the pushcarts that cast members use to sell things around the park had light up Olaf things for a car. Nothing else, really. I was very disappointed. They only had one loose pin featuring Anna and Elsa and a 4-pack pin starter set. They had an Olaf pin during the films opening day, but that doesn't really count for constantly available merch. Disney stores, like ones found in the mall, didn't have much either. They certainly had more than a Disney park, but the display was still really small, and a lot of the items weren't that great unless you're a huge collector (dolls) or a child (wigs, hair clips, dresses). The Marvel section was bigger. Hell, the Brave section was bigger....
A friend of mine worked for Disney's merchandising division in Orlando. She was very frustrated about was how they would never make enough merchandise for properties that were/became popular or that they were always scrambling at the last minute to catch up to the unexpected popularity of a property. Instead, they would also focus a lot of resources to developing products for properties that underperformed.

The Disney Stores here in New York have a good deal of Frozen merchandise. The section in the Times Square store alone takes up 1/3 of the floor. I just wish Disney Stores would do power disc trading like they did for pins and vinyls.

I remember the majority of the rides during our November 2010 trip having like 10-20 minute wait times, with the most being like 30 minutes at the most.

If you're going by the ride clocks, I've found that they are always 5-15 minutes more than ACTUAL wait times.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not quite.

We went at the end of September last year and this was the case for almost all the rides. Only the supremely popular ones(Like Toy Story Mania) had longer times.

Its the same for Disneyland Resort. I really am thinking that Disney was not expecting the level of success that Frozen is having and didn't prepare at all for it. The Disney parks only really had some Olaf plushies, a few little kid accessories (wigs, those packs of poorly crafted figures) and the pushcarts that cast members use to sell things around the park had light up Olaf things for a car. Nothing else, really. I was very disappointed. They only had one loose pin featuring Anna and Elsa and a 4-pack pin starter set. They had an Olaf pin during the films opening day, but that doesn't really count for constantly available merch. Disney stores, like ones found in the mall, didn't have much either. They certainly had more than a Disney park, but the display was still really small, and a lot of the items weren't that great unless you're a huge collector (dolls) or a child (wigs, hair clips, dresses). The Marvel section was bigger. Hell, the Brave section was bigger.
I didn't see an olaf plush at magic kingdom. I must have missed it. I don't like the new fast pass + crap. If you're not staying at a resort you have to find a damn kiosk in the park to set up your 3 fast pass picks. Resort guests get to pick their crap 60 days in advance.

keep us updated (heading there in early March).
We didn't end up going to epcot. I read on disboards that the wait for the frozen girls was about 3 hours. You basically had to get there at opening if you wanted to meet them at the first time slot which was at around 11. One person in the group could wait in line while everyone else went and did something else.

Wow - that's awful planning on Disney's part to see Elsa and Anna. You'd think that they'd open up a separate autograph place at another park for two new Princesses. 

sorry - wrong thread.  How the heck do we delete a post on the updated version of CAG?

A local indie record store, who deals in used games and systems Atari 2600 - present, takes individual power discs in trade. Gonna go back with my extras tomorrow and get the ones I need

Someone hacked the Hall of Heroes. If you're the type of person who would like to wait to see everything don't click, but we all know what to expect for the most part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AFlcdiOW1QU
Interesting. Not a whole lot new there, but (and I'll spoiler this in the remote chance someone doesn't want to know):
Looks like glow-in-the-dark Buzz, Crystal Mickey and Crystal Perry are the only ones not released/announced yet? Not counting the couple we know are coming in a few months.

yup. the only thing I need is the Frozen pack. looks like I'll be waiting quite a while and hoping for a deal to combo that w/ Phineas&Agent P.
If my hunch is right and the only way to get the two Danville theme Power Discs is through the Agent P & Phineas 2-pack, looks like I'll be shelling out full price for something for the very first time. Ugh.

I was at Best Buy and found some pre-order cards for the rest of the figures coming out, they are not open for pre-order until tomorrow. I'll upload a picture asap unless somebody else beats me to it.

Disneyland just has too many passholders, they need to get rid one of the two southern California passes and give the deluxe some more blackout dates. Ever since they started the payment plans I've seen more people with passes, I've been a passholder for a little over 11 years.

My local Wal-Mart put out their Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey stock a little early.

G3Yxm9s.jpg

They likely won't let you purchase them. They're street dated just like video games are...they will probably will trigger an error at the register.

Not sure if this has been listed, but GameStop has a new listing in the Weekly Ad for the Phin / Agent P Toy Box

Available March 14th - MSRP is $30

Not sure if this has been listed, but GameStop has a new listing in the Weekly Ad for the Phin / Agent P Toy Box

Available March 14th - MSRP is $30
I saw that, it's not eligible for SAVER shipping for some reason. I was going to pre-order online, but my youngest who loves the game's birthday is a few days after that, so I want to make sure I get it in time and will pre-order in store.

Urgh...don't tell me that. I keep seeing more and more anecdotal evidence of folks going to Disney in January. I'm planning to go next year in January because it's supposed to the lowest crowd levels of the year...more and more it looks like that's not the case. Gah.
I can see and hear the WDW fireworks from my house. January through the first week of college spring breaks and September after Labor Day are traditionally the slower times of year, followed by the first two or three weeks of December (depending on how Thanksgiving/Christmas fall in the calendar). However, slow does not mean "dead". What it means is that you have less families with school age children, but the adults (with or without preschoolers) or international tourists on a different school calendar learn that it is a better time in general to visit.

All that being said, since I have to drive along the tourist corridors every day, it feels like a busier January this year than years past.

And for something on topic, someone texted me a picture that Sam's Club is running $2 Instant Savings on single figures, putting them at $8.98, limit 5 per membership. Pictured is Sorcerer Mickey, listed as a "Sam's Club exclusive".

Thanks for the heads up on the cars set!  The wife will be so happy.  Been holding out for that one to go on sale and was appalled to see it at $40 at the local TRU last weekend.

just got back from WM and got the only Mickey they had out. clueless girl at checkout overrode the "do not sell" order that popped up when she scanned him.  O:)

Stumbled upon 24 of Sorcerer Mickey on the shelf at WM on Monday. Denied at Register. Sell Date 1/26.

Thanks for the heads up on the cars set! The wife will be so happy. Been holding out for that one to go on sale and was appalled to see it at $40 at the local TRU last weekend.
I noticed both Lone Ranger and Toy Story were listed at $40 at a few different places recently. Supply and demand I guess.

is the Cars set worth it?
It wasn't for me. Kinda killed off my interest in playing DI.

Played after finishing Monsters U, so maybe both of those got me into this DI funk.

I want to go back to play the LR & TS playsets, but the completionist in me keeps bugging me to finish off Cars before moving on. So I just don't fire up the game

It wasn't for me. Kinda killed off my interest in playing DI.
Played after finishing Monsters U, so maybe both of those got me into this DI funk.

I want to go back to play the LR & TS playsets, but the completionist in me keeps bugging me to finish off Cars before moving on. So I just don't fire up the game
Can't speak for Cars but the Monsters University set kinda sucks. Play Pirates, that one is quite fun.

If I were to rate playsets from best-to-worst, here's my breakdown.

1) The Incredibles
2) The Lone Ranger
3) Pirates of the Caribbean
4) Toy Story (In Space)
5) Monsters University
6) Cars

There's nothing really wrong with the Cars playset, I'm just not a big fan of how vehicles in general feel when driving.

I haven't played the Incredibles or Cars set.

I would rank them:

Toy Story

Pirates (In progress, may jump ahead of Toy Story)

Lone Ranger

Monsters University

I started with Monsters U, so I thought the game was pretty horrible.  Then I moved on to Lone Ranger which was better but still felt more like busy work than an actual game.  Toy Story was fun and I enjoyed it, then I moved on to Pirates which thus far has been great.  I will probably rank pirates 1, then play cars or the incredibles.

My wife, who the game is really for, pretty much says the same.  I could really care less, it's just for us on nights we stay in/are lazy so it's a good game to play with her.

Cars was definitely the worst of the bunch, but at that price, you might as well get it for completionist's sake.

My biggest beef was that if you happened to lose a story-based race (thanks in part to the rubberbanding and physics), you would have to sit through the cutscene again and can't skip it.

It also has been playtested poorly; as for police capture missions, you can just drive the same criminal through Mater's jail over and over to rack up the requirement, or if you're doing "cow-tipping", you can run past the same tractor back and forth.

bread's done
Back