Disney Movie Rewards Anniversary - Free Blu-Ray ($5 Shipping Fee)

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
Just received this in the mail today:

[quote name='Disney Movie Rewards']This October marks our fourth anniversary. Normally, we'd get the anniversary gift...but instead we're giving it to you! Beginning October 1, 2010, eligible members can choose a FREE* Disney Blu-ray marking the anniversary of the month you joined Disney Movie Rewards. Enjoy![/QUOTE]The movie selection is slim but free is free...

• :br: Chicken Little
  • :br: Eight Below
  • :br: The Rookie
Fine print:

*PLUS $4.99 SHIPPING AND PROCESSING. Valid only for registered Disney Movie Rewards members. Limit 1 redemption per household. Anniversary offer expires at the end of the calendar month during which you receive your offer. Program expires 10/31/11. Blu-ray discs will not be mailed to P.O. boxes. Check with your local post office for a street address. Offer rights may not be assigned or transferred. All submissions are subject to verification. Fraudulent submission including use of multiple addresses or P.O. boxes to obtain additional Blu-ray discs may result in prosecution. Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment and Disney Movie Rewards reserve the right to withdraw or modify any terms of this offer. Titles are subject to substitution and while supplies last. Liability for defective product redeemed under this offer will be limited to replacement of the Blu-ray Disc by a Blu-ray of the same type or title. Offer good in U.S.A. and Canada. Void in Quebec and where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Please allow eight to ten weeks for delivery.

Also, looks like you get to choose the free Blu-Ray on the anniversary date of when you joined DMR, my email had me listed for January.

I just got this email as well. $5 isn't bad at all for a Disney Blu, but I don't see the point in this, as I don't think it's available for new members, and most of us who are members will probably already know about it though the email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='FlamedLiquid']Hmmmmm...dont know if Chicken Little is worth $4.99. Other 2 movies are worse.[/QUOTE]

I have kids so I'm getting Chicken Little. $5.00 is not bad considering it's hard to even find a Barney regular DVD for that price.

I sure hope they have a whole lot of Chicken Little's per month cause that's really the one seems like most wanted to get based on comments in the other post. Myself included.

My month is November.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']I just got this email as well. $5 isn't bad at all for a Disney Blu, but I don't see the point in this, as I don't think it's available for new members, and most of us who are members will probably already know about it though the email.[/QUOTE]

It's an alert for those CAGs who don't always check their mail or might use an alternate account for newsletter, contests, etc.

the main thing I got from the email was to make shure you put in 2 codes from dvd/blu in the year before your month starts. also does it read to any one else that if your month is October you will get to double dip?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Hmm...I didn't think to check there since this is a totally different promotion.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the day it came out (a few days ago), people started talking about it. It goes on for 3-4 pages I believe.

whats the odds the free blu promos end when its a more widely adopted format? most ppl buy dvd still and they can get a free blu for purchasing 2 dvds.

[quote name='Animal7390']blu ray on THEIR anniversary.[/QUOTE]
Actually, in celebration of their anniversary (October), you get this bluray on your anniversary (in my case August). At least that's what it says in my email.

i signed up for disney rewards a few years back and i dont remember entering a birthday. i never gotten a single email about a free bluray for my birthday.

[quote name='trunks982']i signed up for disney rewards a few years back and i dont remember entering a birthday. i never gotten a single email about a free bluray for my birthday.[/QUOTE]

same, it was when the promo began running too, and i've never gotten an email for that or this - even in my spam folder

[quote name='trunks982']...still waiting for The Incredibles to come out on bluray.[/QUOTE]

me to and your talking about the anime one right

[quote name='LinkinPrime']The movie selection is slim but free is free...[/QUOTE]

Got it too. Free is free, but with $5 shipping, this isn't free. Honestly, none of these three movies is worth even $5 to me.

So is Chicken Little really better than 8 Below? I never watched Chicken Little since it was made in that period where Pixar broke away from Disney and Disney was trying to compete. I liked Meet the Robinsons, would you guys say it's better than that, about the same, or worse?

Chicken Little is pretty uneven, I think Meet the Robinsons is far superior. I can't watch Eight Below anymore because it always makes me cry. Anyway - I think someone who isn't already a Disney Rewards member could take advantage of this, since it doesn't start until October and ends next October. Sign up now and put in two codes before the end of February and you can still get in.

[quote name='Disneyboy']Actually, in celebration of their anniversary (October), you get this bluray on your anniversary (in my case August). At least that's what it says in my email.[/QUOTE]

I am August as well. Does that mean we have to wait until August 2011?

[quote name='slowdive21']I am August as well. Does that mean we have to wait until August 2011?[/QUOTE]

That would suck for you, but it would be even worse for me.

Birthday: August
Fee Birthday Movie Canceled: August 2010
Free Movie Promotion Begins: November 2010
My "Free" Anniversary Movie: September 2011

So I will have been a member for over 2 years before I got a free movie of any kind. I guess I shouldn't complain as it's free but compared to everyone else in the program I get hosed.

I thought Chicken Little was the least of the three, I remember watching The Rookie on Tv and thought it was interesting...but was told by my wife to "go somewhere" and never finished it. I would bite on 8 Below but I have it on DVD and there is no point in getting the bluray.

I just received my email from DMR for the free movie. If your anniversary month is October, checks yours too.

The email says:
Remember when we told you about our special anniversary gift to you? Well, here it is! Thank you for being a valued member!

Following that is a link and a code to get the movie.

Click the link, then log into your account. Once in, type the code into the magic code box. Once you do that, it will navigate you to another page with a banner, click on the banner and there will be three choices for free movies. The choices are Chicken Little, Eight Below, and The Rookie. I chose Chicken Little. Shipping and handling is 4.99.

I realize this has been discussed previously but I thought some folks might not have read deeply into the other thread. For those that don't know, you must have entered 2 Disney Blu's magic codes in the last year in order to get the free movie.

They do this every month now, depending on your anniversary month... It's discussed in the Disney Movie Rewards thread.

[quote name='mtxbass1']They do this every month now, depending on your anniversary month... It's discussed in the Disney Movie Rewards thread.[/QUOTE]

Considering many people may not have read enough of that thread to know this, I figured a free movie deserves it's own thread, particularly since there's a new thread just because they added Blu's to the rewards...

It isn't because Oct is your anniversary month, it's because it is theirs. Anyone that is a DMR member and has entered a code recently will be able to get one of the three movies.

[quote name='thelonepig']It isn't because Oct is your anniversary month, it's because it is theirs. Anyone that is a DMR member and has entered a code recently will be able to get one of the three movies.[/QUOTE]

are you sure about that? the email they sent before stated it was on your anniversary month. they even went as far as listing that month. mine just happened to be october.

[quote name='typical guy']are you sure about that? the email they sent before stated it was on your anniversary month. they even went as far as listing that month. mine just happened to be october.[/QUOTE]

Positive. The email that was sent in September said it was because DMR is now 4 years old. I just got the follow up email with the one-time use code to redeem a bluray and my DMR anniversary is in April.

I didn't get an email today but looking at the original it sounds like I'll get one Nov 1st. So maybe different users were sent different emails...

this October marks our fourth anniversary. Normally, we'd get the anniversary gift...but instead we're giving it to you! Beginning October 1, 2010, eligible members can choose a FREE* Disney Blu-ray marking the anniversary of the month (November) you joined Disney Movie Rewards. Enjoy!
You may already qualify if you have entered at least 2 Magic Codes from eligible Disney
Blu-ray discs or DVDs in the last 12 months. If you haven't, there's still time – simply
enter 2 or more Blu-ray™ or DVD Magic Codes by 10/31/2010 to take
advantage of this special offer.

Today was my anniversary and I'm having trouble with my payment being processed. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried three cards already and none are going through.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Today was my anniversary and I'm having trouble with my payment being processed. Anyone else having this problem? I've tried three cards already and none are going through.[/QUOTE]

I read on another forum that some folks are having problems. It's probably just that too many people are doing this at once. I was probably one of the first people to order (I had checked my email and it wasn't there then I checked again and there it was - I immediately ordered it) so I had no problem but now that it's being listed in forums and such, everyone is probably trying to have their payment processed at once. I'd say, wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

I'm not going to change the title until more than one person confirms they had a different month (other than Oct) and are getting the free movie.

[quote name='typical guy']I read on another forum that some folks are having problems. It's probably just that too many people are doing this at once. I was probably one of the first people to order (I had checked my email and it wasn't there then I checked again and there it was - I immediately ordered it) so I had no problem but now that it's being listed in forums and such, everyone is probably trying to have their payment processed at once. I'd say, wait till late tonight or tomorrow.

I'm not going to change the title until more than one person confirms they had a different month (other than Oct) and are getting the free movie.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info! Will definitely wait until tonight!

And my fiancee said her anniversary month is February and my sister's anniversary month is December and they're both getting Blus.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks for the info! Will definitely wait until tonight!

And my fiancee said her anniversary month is February and my sister's anniversary month is December and they're both getting Blus.[/QUOTE]

You need to have 2 magic codes entered per account.

[quote name='typical guy']You need to have 2 magic codes entered per account.[/QUOTE]
Yes, I know. I've entered two since the email that said I qualiied for the Blu and so have they. :D

[quote name='WormFOODx']A bit confused here though. Those of us that qualify should be getting our emails NOW?[/QUOTE]
If your anniversary month is October you should have gotten the email today about the free Blu, if it's in another month then you still have to wait till that month.

[quote name='jonboy71']Can someone provide the link? I never get email from Disney Rewards for some reason. I would be eligible.[/QUOTE]

The link is just the regular rewards site. You have to enter a one time use code from the email to get the free movie. So if you don't have the email, I doubt anyone is willing to give you their free movie. Sorry but you'll just have to wait.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Thanks for the info! Will definitely wait until tonight!

And my fiancee said her anniversary month is February and my sister's anniversary month is December and they're both getting Blus.[/QUOTE]

WTF! I have 3 different accts & all of them are over a year old & I didn't get emails for any of them!

[quote name='tylerdurden10']WTF! I have 3 different accts & all of them are over a year old & I didn't get emails for any of them![/QUOTE]

did you enter 2 codes per account and start them all in oct?

[quote name='typical guy']The link is just the regular rewards site. You have to enter a one time use code from the email to get the free movie. So if you don't have the email, I doubt anyone is willing to give you their free movie. Sorry but you'll just have to wait.[/QUOTE]

OK..I'll need to call them. Thanks.

bread's done
Back