Disney Upgrade 2 Blu

seventh_sage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just got home with my UP Blu & looking through the usually movie adds & stuff they put in there I came across an add for http://disneyupgrade2blu.com/ I checked it out & all the links on the site appear to not be working for me. The add in UP says that you go to the site & select the eligible title that you own, print out & mail in your upgrade form, & then receive a coupon for the Blu version via e-mail. The add also shows three titles that will be eligible at some time, Snow White, Cars & Monsters Inc. The only title mentioned on the site is Monsters Inc. Has anybody else checked this site out or know anything about more specifically how it works?

[quote name='FireWarrior']Sorry to resurrect an old thread but what has been everyone's experiences regarding actually using the coupons in retail stores? I went to Best Buy today to get Prince Caspian since I saw it for 12.99 and with the coupon it would have been 6 bucks but the cashier told me that since the blu was already on sale the coupon could not be redeemed since there was a line of print that stated that coupon could not be used in conjunction with another offer. Color me disappointed. :([/QUOTE]

Thats not right, I would have gone to the service desk or asked for a manager. The coupons are like any other and can be used on sell items. I'd go back.

[quote name='outcastjon']Thats not right, I would have gone to the service desk or asked for a manager. The coupons are like any other and can be used on sell items. I'd go back.[/QUOTE]

Wow are you serious?! Have you used the coupons yourself? I'm trying to call Disney themselves to clarify how these coupons can be used but if what you say is true, I'm definitely going to have to go back as soon as possible!

[quote name='FireWarrior']Wow are you serious?! Have you used the coupons yourself? I'm trying to call Disney themselves to clarify how these coupons can be used but if what you say is true, I'm definitely going to have to go back as soon as possible![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used upgrade coupons for toy story 1 & 2 at toys r'us. used a $10 coupon for each movie, and that was on top of the discount offered by the store for buying them both at once.
Probably got an over-zealous cashier

Hell, I'm still holding onto my Bug's Life and Miracle coupons as those damn movies haven't dropped below $25 in the last 6 months. Driving me nuts.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Sorry to resurrect an old thread but what has been everyone's experiences regarding actually using the coupons in retail stores? I went to Best Buy today to get Prince Caspian since I saw it for 12.99 and with the coupon it would have been 6 bucks but the cashier told me that since the blu was already on sale the coupon could not be redeemed since there was a line of print that stated that coupon could not be used in conjunction with another offer. Color me disappointed. :([/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd go back because this coupon should work on any price unless it says something like '$8 off MSRP'

But a Blue being on sale...I don't think that qualifies as another offer.

Good luck! I've had the same thing happen. Sometimes it just seems like it's luck of the draw with cashiers.

[quote name='FireWarrior']Wow are you serious?! Have you used the coupons yourself? I'm trying to call Disney themselves to clarify how these coupons can be used but if what you say is true, I'm definitely going to have to go back as soon as possible![/QUOTE]

Yeah, go back. Every time I have used these coupons the item has been on sell. It is a regular coupon that can be used like any other.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Yeah I'd go back because this coupon should work on any price unless it says something like '$8 off MSRP'

But a Blue being on sale...I don't think that qualifies as another offer.[/QUOTE]

I think you're right I took another look at the coupon and it says $8 off, nothing mentioned about MSRP. Thank you for all of your replies and responses. After hearing all of your experiences I'll probably make a trip sometime tomorrow.

A week ago i went into best buy assuming that i could use my POTC coups on the blu's that were on sale that week, but since i wanted the steelbooks i wasn't sure if the sale was on those as well, so i pulled a fast one and got them to give me the blu-ray steelbooks for the regular blu-ray sales price. When i went to use the coupons from disney they said that they couldnt be used on sale items for that i was disapointed. What i did was go back two days later to customer service and said that i forgot to use the coups and they gave me my money back :)

[quote name='seether254']A week ago i went into best buy assuming that i could use my POTC coups on the blu's that were on sale that week, but since i wanted the steelbooks i wasn't sure if the sale was on those as well, so i pulled a fast one and got them to give me the blu-ray steelbooks for the regular blu-ray sales price. When i went to use the coupons from disney they said that they couldnt be used on sale items for that i was disapointed. What i did was go back two days later to customer service and said that i forgot to use the coups and they gave me my money back :)[/QUOTE]

How on earth did you manage this? I've tried multiple times for them to sell me the steelbooks at the sale price but always get turned down. For some reason they always hang the sale price under the steelbooks and not under the regular editions, which leads me (and hopefully others) to believe that the steelbooks are on sale.

[quote name='macschwag14']How on earth did you manage this? I've tried multiple times for them to sell me the steelbooks at the sale price but always get turned down. For some reason they always hang the sale price under the steelbooks and not under the regular editions, which leads me (and hopefully others) to believe that the steelbooks are on sale.[/QUOTE]

I will give you a little hint from those of us who bought the steelbooks when they came out, - you might be able to dig up the thread if you need more information.

Basically buy the steelbooks then go back and pricematch against walmart or whoever has the best deal for the movies you bought. The BB reciept makes no indication that you bought a steelbook.

Anyways there is some serious complaints to be made about the steelbooks which should make most of them the same price as the normal versions, and these flaws aren't apparent till you purchase them.

All right well I went to another Best Buy and they accepted my coupon there. Strange that a different store would deny me entirely! Luckily I did not open my previous purchase so I went back to the first store and I returned it in full so now I have the movie at the price I wanted to spend! :)

[quote name='macschwag14']How on earth did you manage this? I've tried multiple times for them to sell me the steelbooks at the sale price but always get turned down. For some reason they always hang the sale price under the steelbooks and not under the regular editions, which leads me (and hopefully others) to believe that the steelbooks are on sale.[/QUOTE]

basically i went and got the sign for the checker since no employee was doing their job. And since she was new she just accepted that it was the price for the blu's not the steelbooks. Just before i left (but after i was rung up) the manager came over and looked at the UPC and said something like "this wasn't the right one" but before she could change it i hightailed it out of there. :lol:

bread's done
Back