Disney's DuckTales and Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers **OUT NOW**

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/

September 14, 2005 - Disney has just released the understated cover artwork from November 8th's Volume 1 box sets of "DuckTales" and "Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers". The box fronts reveal that each 3-disc set will contain the first 27 episodes of the late '80s/early '90s television cartoons. There is still no word on any special features, but each animated set will carry an SRP of just $34.99.

Also: DuckTales: The Movie - Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1.66:1 16:9)
Has been annouced but release date TBA
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html (#81 on the list)

[quote name='BustaUppa']Can anyone with the set confirm? That just seems to stupid to be true!! But you really never know...[/QUOTE]
http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3913 lists the rumored episode order for Ducktales where they mention the pilot series of episodes is not included, then http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4381 is where they confirm the list.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4380
also confirms that the pilot series of episodes for rescue rangers is not included on the set.

The icing on the cake to that bit of shafting is there are absolutely zero special features on either disc (which I would probably be willing to forgive if they had included the pilot on both sets.).

[quote name='simpsonps121']Yes, that is true. The first 5 episodes were the "movie."

Wow - Did not realize there were so many disney fans.
In my book:
1. Tale Spin
2. Ducktales
3. Dark Wing Duck
4. Rescue Ranger
5. Everything else.[/QUOTE]

1.Ducktales
2.Tale Spin
3.Darkwing Duck
4.Rescue Rangers

hell ya I'm a fan, I remember watching these in the morning when I was a kid, that and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and He-man.

Picked up Rescue Rangers yesterday. DuckTales I'll get Friday.

Ah, cool! ^_^ Fellow fans of the Disney Afternoon.

Rescue Rangers was always my favorite, followed by TaleSpin. Don't really remember much about Darkwing Duck and DuckTales--except I liked them alot.

I want me my Gummi Bears bouncing here and there and everywhere. High adventure that's beyond compare. They are the Gummi Bears

[quote name='AnimatedSnow47']Picked up Rescue Rangers yesterday. DuckTales I'll get Friday.

Ah, cool! ^_^ Fellow fans of the Disney Afternoon.

Rescue Rangers was always my favorite, followed by TaleSpin. Don't really remember much about Darkwing Duck and DuckTales--except I liked them alot.[/QUOTE]
"I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the , I... AM DARKWING DUCK!" I vaguely remember going as Darkwing duck for halloween, think it was 2nd or 3rd grade.

the lack of the city of gold is the deal killer with me, but I look forward to gargoyles, maybe count duckula, finally releasing the tick animated on dvd, and batman beyond. Its sad cause I have most of the episodes of some of those shows through certain means, but I will prob still buy them anyway.

[quote name='skinsfan56la']I want me my Gummi Bears bouncing here and there and everywhere. High adventure that's beyond compare. They are the Gummi Bears[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it.

Magic and mystery are part of their history
Along with the secret of Gummi berry juice!
Their legend is growing
They take pride in knowing
They fight for what's right
In whatever they do!

Damn I have a tape of a lot of the episodes, but a full DVD set would just kick so much ass.

BTW, anyone know if they are going to release the first episodes of DuckTales separately or something? Those are really, really great episodes and it would be sad to not have access to them, at least eventually.

[quote name='elprincipe']Tell me about it.

Magic and mystery are part of their history
Along with the secret of Gummi berry juice!
Their legend is growing
They take pride in knowing
They fight for what's right
In whatever they do!

Damn I have a tape of a lot of the episodes, but a full DVD set would just kick so much ass.

BTW, anyone know if they are going to release the first episodes of DuckTales separately or something? Those are really, really great episodes and it would be sad to not have access to them, at least eventually.[/QUOTE]
I'm assuming, since it is Disney after all, that they held them off the set to screw us out of $15-20 down the line for the pilot episodes on their own discs with probably...*looks into crystal ball* no special features. Why they didn't release the pilot episodes FIRST as a litmus test to whether people were interested in purchasing volume sets is what is truly puzzling.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Sweet. It'll be really killer when Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Gummi Bears, and TaleSpin get the same treatment.[/QUOTE]

Definitely... I'll be able to relive my Middle School Disney Weekday afternoons from Fox everyday for the rest of my life!

I need this!

[quote name='TurkeyOnRye']Definitely... I'll be able to relive my Middle School Disney Weekday afternoons from Fox everyday for the rest of my life!

I need this![/QUOTE]
What's a shame is Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck also opened with movies so unless their is a large backlash about the lack of them on the Ducktales and Rescue Rangers sets, they probably will get the same treatment, and will be missing them.

[quote name='guardian_owl']What's a shame is Tale Spin and Darkwing Duck also opened with movies so unless their is a large backlash about the lack of them on the Ducktales and Rescue Rangers sets, they probably will get the same treatment, and will be missing them.[/QUOTE]
Darkwing's pilot was a two-parter, though, and not a five-parter like DuckTales and Rescue Rangers.

I picked up Ducktales... pretty poor transfer, but still great to see on TV again.

Is anyone else in love with the covers? So vibrant and simple...

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']the lack of the city of gold is the deal killer with me, but I look forward to gargoyles, maybe count duckula, finally releasing the tick animated on dvd, and batman beyond. Its sad cause I have most of the episodes of some of those shows through certain means, but I will prob still buy them anyway.[/QUOTE]

i saw count duckula at sam goodys last week. dont know how many episodes though.

bread's done
Back