Dispute help

mrluckypants

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I recently sold backstage passes to warped tour for $168.00 almost a month ago and today I got a message saying this:

i purchased 2 vans warped VIP passes from you i went to the tour yesterday 7/30 went to the booth to get the passes and the item you sent me they told me they were void no good so to my dismay i was quite upset so i want a refund for the item i purchased from you because it was not what you described let me know ASAP thanks

Is this guy trying to screw me over because I know for a fact that the passes worked. Now the guy wants a refund. I told him that I cannot givve him a refund becuase everyone else that I sold passes to had them work just fine and my own passes worked just fine. Am I screwed here? Help!

[quote name='coleipoo']you are being screwed. you had valid tickets and he went and just wants his money back.[/quote]

thats my idea... If he were smart and they actually were void, he would have sent you a message while the event was. Ask him for pictures of the tickets, he should have the full thing left right?

Right. I called paypal and they said that they were just going to move it up to a claim since it seemed like I was getting screwed over since he DID go. I even mailed directions on how to use the passes. How likely is it that paypal sides with me?

[quote name='mrluckypants'] How likely is it that paypal sides with me?[/quote]

I wish I could say otherwise, but it's almost always a 50/50 chance with Paypal.

So I lost which sucks. Now the buyer needs to send back the tickets and provide paypal with a tracking number within 10 days to get a refund from me. So what happens if he provides paypal with a tracking number and does not send back the tickets, which he cannot do since he used them? Below is what I got from paypal. Does this mean a soon as it is delivered to me, even if there are no tickets my money gets taken? I am so fucking done with ebay.

To receive this refund, the buyer must return the item to you in the same
condition as it was received. The buyer is responsible for the cost of
returning the item to you.

Really he doesnt have to provide you with anything other than the DC..he could send nothing via DC and its good enough for pay pal.

Id call and raise hell about how someone can use tickets and passes like that and get a refund after the fact.

So he has to send the item back and BUT he told paypal that he didnt get a tracking number for it. So I get this from paypal.

The buyer does not have access to a shipping service that can provide
online tracking. PayPal requires that you indicate the status of the
returning item. Please provide the status of this delivery whether or not
it has been received. Note that you will need to wait 7 days from the day
the buyer stated shipment of the item before indicating an item as not
received.

Since this guy is trying to screw me does this mean that in a week or two I can just report it as not recieved and my dispute will be closed and done with?

[quote name='mrluckypants']So he has to send the item back and BUT he told paypal that he didnt get a tracking number for it. So I get this from paypal.

received.

Since this guy is trying to screw me does this mean that in a week or two I can just report it as not recieved and my dispute will be closed and done with?[/quote]

He's trying to fuck you, so you should fuck him back. Dumbass doesn't even know how to screw people over right.

[quote name='mrluckypants']So he has to send the item back and BUT he told paypal that he didnt get a tracking number for it. So I get this from paypal.

received.

Since this guy is trying to screw me does this mean that in a week or two I can just report it as not recieved and my dispute will be closed and done with?[/quote]
You know, normally I'd be all for being honest and all, but this guy is an ass. Screw him over, like he's trying to do to you. Give it 1.5-2 weeks, and then say it never showed up or whatever. He's trying to scam you, so you shouldn't feel bad about screwing him over.

This guy is trying to screw me so I'm going to call paypal tomorrow because of this. He has bid and won on the exact same tickets for $20 cheaper. Two questions about this though:

1. After I explain this to paypal will they close the dispute?
2. In 1-2 weeks once I report that I did not get his tickets will they close the dispute?

I'm fairly sure that I'm going to get my or someones tickets back BUT since I found this out I'm going to report it as him not sending them back just for the fact that I would be out $168.00 with a pair of tickets that I cant do anything with. Now I'm all for doing the right thing but what this guy is doing is just wrong.

[quote name='mrluckypants']This guy is trying to screw me so I'm going to call paypal tomorrow because of this. He has bid and won on the exact same tickets for $20 cheaper. Two questions about this though:

2. In 1-2 weeks once I report that I did not get his tickets will they close the dispute?

I'm fairly sure that I'm going to get my or someones tickets back BUT since I found this out I'm going to report it as him not sending them back just for the fact that I would be out $168.00 with a pair of tickets that I cant do anything with. Now I'm all for doing the right thing but what this guy is doing is just wrong.[/quote]
I'd say call PayPal and explain what it sounds like the guy is doing. Basically tell them that, not only did the guy buy two sets of the same tickets, but you suspect he will try and scam you by sending a different set of tickets.
Do you have any way of confirming if the tickets he sends are actually yours? Some sort of number or something? That could help prove your case a bit more. I'm honestly not sure what PayPal is going to tell you. They may just tell you to inform them what happens when the buyer sends the tickets back, or they may take a closer look at the case and make a decision that way. It's really hard to say. Unfortunately, many times they side with the buyer, which in your case would be a bad thing. Just hope for the best, and if it comes down to it, say they never sent the tickets.

I had a buyer open a claim stating she received an incorrect item. She claims to have refused delivery but I have yet to receive it. She has til the 6th to provide me with a d/c # and return the item or the claim is closed. I am being shammed but with the new ebay what else is new?
I have gotten 6 negatives in the last couple months due to the new policy. I went for 99.9% to 99.6% Feedback rating like that. I am not pleased at all with the overall outcome of the new feedback system. I am on my way out, I have a few more DVDs to dump and thats it, back to Amazon

They are numbered and I can clearly see the numbers on the pictures that I took so I'm safe there. I'm going to call tomorrow and see whats up.

Is there any way to tell if they were used? Don't they mark/punch tickets from time to time during entry?

If I were you I'd just wait a week or two and say you never received them. He left you that opening, so use it. No need to make it harder than it needs to be.

[quote name='coleipoo']you are being screwed. you had valid tickets and he went and just wants his money back.[/quote]that or he couldn't go. tickets are hard to sell on ebay because people can easily screw you over.

[quote name='phear3d']that or he couldn't go. tickets are hard to sell on ebay because people can easily screw you over.[/quote]
Ah but in the OP he states that the message from the guy says that when he tried to use the tickets they were invalid, meaning that he did at least attempt to attend.

[quote name='phear3d']that or he couldn't go. tickets are hard to sell on ebay because people can easily screw you over.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that's exactly what happened. He couldn't go for whatever reason so he's trying to get his money back.

[quote name='mrluckypants']This guy is trying to screw me so I'm going to call paypal tomorrow because of this. He has bid and won on the exact same tickets for $20 cheaper. Two questions about this though:

I'm fairly sure that I'm going to get my or someones tickets back BUT since I found this out I'm going to report it as him not sending them back just for the fact that I would be out $168.00 with a pair of tickets that I cant do anything with. Now I'm all for doing the right thing but what this guy is doing is just wrong.[/quote]

Don't do it. PayPal employees don't have brains, they'll favor him anyway. The dumb fuck almost scammed, but being the cheap ass that he is, he didn't buy DC. So, just say that you never received them. Teach him a lesson.

I called paypal today and they said that they will close the dispute as soon as I do not get the tickets or if I do not get the tickets that I sent (I sent a picture of the tickets and they documented the number). Horray for the guy screwing himself over.

bread's done
Back