Dissidia: Final Fantasy - Fighters from FFI-XII - It's Out!

[quote name='DQT']According to the Dissidia blog on 1up, we are getting the definitive version.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't put it past Square-Enix to re-release the game in Japan with even more features as they've done with almost all their games in the past.

[quote name='Key']Huh. Do we know exactly what was changed? That's a bit disappointing to hear. People are speculating that it's the tutorial which was shortened but I don't think that would cut the 30-hour-removed mark just for tutorials.[/QUOTE]

Some folks on GameFAQs may have figured it out.

For those who don't know, the story mode is initially split up into ten parts, one for each of the main heroes. In the Japanese version, you would unlock the final boss storyline, "Shade Impulse," after clearing all ten storylines. In the International version, GameFAQs users are reporting that you only need to clear one hero's storyline to unlock the Shade Impulse story.

Outside of that change, so far there have been no reports of anything being cut out.

Anyone heard of any good deals on this one? I know it's a shot in the dark, but a $30 deal would seal it for me, but I don't think I could jump for $40.

So I'm having a great time with this game, and honestly, the voice acting isn't nearly as bad as everyone has been saying... exceeeept:
The narrator. Seriously, where the HELL did they dig this turd up from.
Cloud... keeps fucking... pausing. When he's... talking for... no apparent reason.

[quote name='62t']it is just a sliver psp, but the game and movie doesnt come with case[/QUOTE]
So what do the UMDs come in then?

Edit: Nevermind I just looked it up and found it comes in a crappy cardboard box. So I guess I'll just skip this bundle and pick up a new PSP separately

I like how Square didn't go with their standard of picking VAs and getting unknowns who can't act worth a crap. Looking at the back, you'll see a lot of names people who watch anime/cartoons will recognize, like Yuri Lowenthal, Laura Bailey, and Johnny Yong Bosch. I believe Christopher Sabat is also a relatively well known Va.

[quote name='Zmonkay']So I'm having a great time with this game, and honestly, the voice acting isn't nearly as bad as everyone has been saying... exceeeept:
The narrator. Seriously, where the HELL did they dig this turd up from.
Cloud... keeps fucking... pausing. When he's... talking for... no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]
They probably did what they did with Yuna, and tried too hard to match the lip flaps, resulting in awkwardness.

I'm really not sure what to make of this game so far. It certainly seems deep (though with all the menu slogging I'm not sure yet if that's a good thing) and its almost just worth it for the fan service aspects. At the same time, I remain unconvinced that whoever programmed the battle controls has ever played or even heard of video games before. I honestly can't remember a first impression of a game which felt so awkward to play. I'm gonna stick with it though and hope it just takes some getting used to.

heh, tell me about it. I keep playing, but the battle controls suuuck. Why is it that half or more of what you do pops you in the air (including the quick follow thing R+triangle even when they're on the ground) but most characters don't have hardly any good air attacks. And you fall so damned slow!

Yet still, there's something about it (prolly just all the fanservice) that keeps me playing.

Onion Knight, Tidus and Zidane are all great in the air.

I love the controls, and I'm already working on getting Zidane to 99. I'm only in the low-50's, but whatever.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Onion Knight, Tidus and Zidane are all great in the air.

I love the controls, and I'm already working on getting Zidane to 99. I'm only in the low-50's, but whatever.[/QUOTE]

You love them or you've just been able to figure them out? For the life of me I can't even tell which way is up, and most fights devolve into pointless button mashing.

I'm sticking with it though, I'm such a FF fanboy.

[quote name='Zmonkay']
Cloud... keeps fucking... pausing. When he's... talking for... no apparent reason.[/QUOTE]

If you think that's rough, try playing Crisis Core. I really believe SE does the best that they can, but some things just don't translate. Like anime / FF characters' inablilty to utter a complete sentence without needing to take a break between every three syllables. I think it'd be great if SE's developers could somehow find a way to give the localizers the ability to control lip flaps.

[quote name='bvharris']You love them or you've just been able to figure them out? For the life of me I can't even tell which way is up, and most fights devolve into pointless button mashing.

I'm sticking with it though, I'm such a FF fanboy.[/QUOTE]
Let me rephrase that. I've loved them since I got the hang of them after weeks of playing the demo.

I just picked this game up at GS used for $24 with this week's coupon. While I lucked out, there are a few copies out there for you fence riders.

Ugh, I'm this close to puting this down. Some of the characters are just horrendous, and even the better ones don't play very well imho. I love the concept and fan service, but the gameplay itself is just... I don't even know. I don't hate it, but something just doesn't click right.

[quote name='62t']if you do the ex death trick you can get to lvl 100 in one fight[/QUOTE]

what exactly is this trick...mind sharing :lol:

[quote name='plasticbathmonki']I just picked this game up at GS used for $24 with this week's coupon. While I lucked out, there are a few copies out there for you fence riders.[/QUOTE]

What coupon is this?

[quote name='DARKiLLUSiON']what exactly is this trick...mind sharing :lol:[/QUOTE]

there are videos on youtube that can explain it better. Basically fight a lvl 100 Ex Death, mimic his brave and kill him in one hit. You should be able to get tons of experience.

Sounds to me like some of you guys didn't play the demo. I can understand why some of you would dislike how Dissidia plays, however. Personally, I had a blast with it and I know I'll enjoy this game when I eventually pick it up.

If you don't like having to move around in the battles change it to command mode after unlocking it playing with Cloud, it also helps when your hands get tired.

I would really like to try the demo, but I have to wait till the latest fireware is cracked. It sucks having to wait, but I like having the control over my psp. I'm tempted to pick up this game, but I'm not sure if I want it, Persona, or Crimson Gem Saga more.

[quote name='62t']there are videos on youtube that can explain it better. Basically fight a lvl 100 Ex Death, mimic his brave and kill him in one hit. You should be able to get tons of experience.[/QUOTE]
It's actually easier to not mimic his brave and just keep hitting him with HP attacks. I prefer not to do it all the way to 100 though, since you don't get any AP for doing it.

Wow. I was really expecting to hate this (I just can't stand FF anymore), but man, this is really fantastic. Original, deep, well-presented. I'm impressed, and completely surprised. Great game.

[quote name='erehwon']I would really like to try the demo, but I have to wait till the latest fireware is cracked. It sucks having to wait, but I like having the control over my psp. I'm tempted to pick up this game, but I'm not sure if I want it, Persona, or Crimson Gem Saga more.[/QUOTE]

I'm running it on IRShell on M33-4, runs fine.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Wow. I was really expecting to hate this (I just can't stand FF anymore), but man, this is really fantastic. Original, deep, well-presented. I'm impressed, and completely surprised. Great game.[/QUOTE]

I was expecting to hate it because I don't really like fighting games in general. And I did hate it at first, because it's a bit complicated and intimidating. But I bought it anyway (preorder on Amazon on sale after coupon for like $31), and after putting a few hours in.. I can't put it down.. very addicting battles and rpg elements, nostalgic music, and seeing a bunch of FF characters together is just awesome.

I picked this up on release, still playing and enjoying it. I'm still playing through Shade Impulse, I decided to use Firion (went through everyone's Destiny Odyssey so tried all the heroes out). Though I've never played FF2, I thought this character was pretty cool when trying him out.

So much to do and unlock, it's addictive.

I like the game, but it's like I only want to play it on bonus day, or at the very least on a day when you get bonus AP. Otherwise, getting 1 AP per battle is just really slow. So I'll turn it on, play a couple of battles, but then take it out so I can level up on bonus days.

I really hate it when that happens. Fortunately, these days I don't even bother trying for 100% in any game anymore.

I've bought every single Icon Likelihood upgrade from the PP store, but there are still no icons in the coming week (except bonus day.) What's the deal? The manual makes them look much more common.

Also, when do you get to view cutscenes in the theater? I was apparently paying so little attention during the opening one, that I missed that they were supposed to gather crystals. Which means either I missed the whole thing, or they didn't actually mention it.

[quote name='SonKitty']I picked this up on release, still playing and enjoying it. I'm still playing through Shade Impulse, I decided to use Firion (went through everyone's Destiny Odyssey so tried all the heroes out). Though I've never played FF2, I thought this character was pretty cool when trying him out.

So much to do and unlock, it's addictive.[/QUOTE]

Don't. This is probably the best game Firion and the Emperor will ever be in. I really like how they translated their designs to 3D.

Did you guys have a particular favorite character that you leveled up? The game encourages you to beat the game with all the characters, right?

You're mainly encouraged to beat the game with the heroes, but they let you use whoever for Inward Chaos. I went with Zidane first, since I love FFIX to death, then went to Onion Knight after months of playing the demo. O.K. was pretty disappointing, bit Zidane is amazing.

I keep wanting to use Seph and Cloud, but I'm always saddened when I use them. :lol:

I finally got this and have finished the first part of the game. I'm about ready to start the shade impulse. Right now I'm trying to decide which character to play. Cloud is my most leveled character. I like cloud's powerful attacks, but they are kind of slow. I'm thinking about messing with zidane or squall a little more before deciding.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']I hopefully am getting the PSP Limited Edition Bundle for this game.[/QUOTE]
Yea, this game is definitely worth it. It's my most played psp game so far.

This game rocks! No joke, I really love this game. I got done with the Cecil campaign, it was fun. Really fun. Plus I got the bundle as well. :D

I want to go out and buy more games, but I have to many games to play. And Christmas just went buy, so asking for games right now is pretty much a no-go.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back