Divinity 2 Ego Draconis (PC) 15 + others @ Impulse

Just heads up, I believe Divinity 2 is going to be re-released as a remastered version done in a new graphics engine with all new content in case you want to hold off for that.

[quote name='mitnosi']Just heads up, I believe Divinity 2 is going to be re-released as a remastered version done in a new graphics engine with all new content in case you want to hold off for that.[/QUOTE]

Sure is.
It's called Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga (DKS).
It'll contain Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - Remastered Edition + Divinity 2: Flames of Vengeance expansion.

No USA release date planned yet for DKS - Larian is still trying to resolve that issue, according to Sven Vincke of Larian (Lar_Q on Larian's boards).

It's coming out somewhere around Oct. 26th to Nov. 5th in other parts of the world - i.e. Europe, according to Sven Vincke of Larian.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ury2ok2000']I saw Divinity 2 for 15 at Impulse if anyone is interested. http://www.impulsedriven.com/divinity2

Also they have Demigod for $6
http://www.impulsedriven.com/dem

I have never played any of these games to speak to whether they are good or not but I had been wanting to pick up Divinity 2. I am downloading their pc demo now to find out if it is any good (http://www.bigdownload.com/games/divinity-2-ego-draconis/pc/divinity-2-demo).[/QUOTE]

I've played both...

Demigod was quite fun, back around the time when it first came out b/c people were actually playing it. I uninstalled it b/c...nobody was playing it, after a while. I hope during its current cheapness, it gets gamers to come back. If so - I might reinstall it.

About Divinity 2: Ego Draconis - first half is great. Once you get to the Fjords section of the game, the game gets all kinds of difficult, which makes Gothic 2 look REALLY EASY (Gothic games are NOT easy by any means, BTW). Ego Draconis really lacks direction in the 2nd half - as since many of the areas are hard-coded for a specific level, so you don't know what leveled-areas and quests you run into will be above, below, or within your level. It's really all over the place - as you have to basically fly all over the place as a dragon, to find many of these areas - if they even are around your level; you can only hope. The game severely lacks balance of any kind, in its current state.

Plus, Ego Draconis's ending is a cliff-hanger and a half.

Personally, I'd wait until Divinity 2: DKS Edition - since they're rebalancing the entire Ego Draconis in that version.

EDIT:
For all us Ego Draconis owners, Flames of Vengeance expansion is only coming out digitally, as well. Sven has said for those who own ED+FOV, they might release a ED+FOV -> DKS Upgrade Edition patch, at a later said date. I'm betting that ED+FOV -> DKS patch, if their distributors/publishers actually approve of it, might be something epic in size - probably something like the The Witcher (Original) -> Enhanced Edition patch.

Me, I'm probably eventually gonna wind up just buying Divinity 2: DKS Edition, at some point in time - even though I already bought D2: ED long ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MysterD']Personally, I'd wait until Divinity 2: DKS Edition - since they're rebalancing the entire Ego Draconis in that version.[/QUOTE]
Wish I knew about this back before I bought the 360 version of Divinity 2 during the Game Days sale at Gamestop lol, that copy is still sealed too :(

Guess I'll end up picking up this new version once its dropped in price.

[quote name='mitnosi']Wish I knew about this back before I bought the 360 version of Divinity 2 during the Game Days sale at Gamestop lol, that copy is still sealed too :(

Guess I'll end up picking up this new version once its dropped in price.[/QUOTE]

It's a shame they ain't really patched-up D2:ED X360 like they already have on the PC, so far - namely b/c, you know, of Microsoft's limits imposed on XBL.

There's no plans for FOV alone for the X360 as DLC or on disc, either. You want that content, you're gonna have to get DKS X360.

EDIT:
Here's a post of Sven's on some of the changes made to Ego Draconis specially made for The DKS Edition.
They've changed some of the way the camera system works, too - we don't know to what end really, yet...

is Demigod good for 1 v 1. If i get it, it will be because my bro gets a copy so we can play against each other (also can you go against computer like a normal rts?)

bread's done
Back