DIVINITY II is $19.99 (360) FSSS at Amazon

What is this compared to? My son likes stuff like elder scrolls, fallout, etc etc. Just wondering if this would be a good game for him.

[quote name='fortunado']I'm almost positive I've seen this on clearance at BBY a few times for a bit cheaper. Almost.[/QUOTE]

The original version, Divinity II:Ego Draconius was on clearance for $10 at Best Buy.

I bought it over the summer with literally no expectation except to screw around for achievements and then trade in, but I turned out to actually love the game.

[quote name='krashhole']What is this compared to? My son likes stuff like elder scrolls, fallout, etc etc. Just wondering if this would be a good game for him.[/QUOTE]

He might like this, def same aspect. lots of exploration, loot, quests stuff like that but on a smaller budget. I think its a great deal for 20 bucks. worth a shot.

[quote name='Masterpitviper']Would recommend this even if it were $100, just saying..[/QUOTE]

Ditto.... and by the way, I am the Dragon Knight. Got a trophy in my garage to prove it. ;)

[quote name='hiljay']pretty sure i'm the only person that didn't like this game.[/QUOTE]

I bought it from Amazon for $20 a couple weeks ago. Hated it. Mostly the choppy framerate during combat and the terrible character animations. Sold it ASAP.

[quote name='darkskill']I bought it from Amazon for $20 a couple weeks ago. Hated it. Mostly the choppy framerate during combat and the terrible character animations. Sold it ASAP.[/QUOTE]

I'm curious...

Was that poor performance on the original Ego Draconis Edition for 360?
Or on the Dragon Knight Saga Edition?
B/c I thought Larian was supposed to fix those problems w/ DKS Edition on 360.

I have both editions on the PC - and they run fine and animate excellent.
Well, of course they should, given my specs [i7 950, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit].

I played the first release on 360 and really loved it, and then the ending happened.
What a god awful ending.

Does this version pick up after that and fix it?

[quote name='mikejenks']I played the first release on 360 and really loved it, and then the ending happened.
What a god awful ending.

Does this version pick up after that and fix it?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it does. It has the flames of vengeance expansion, which claims to be another 30 hours or so after you beat the main game.

Cool. I may have to pick this up for the expansion. I played though the original campaign and while I liked it quite a bit, the ending was possibly the worst ending I have ever seen in a game, at least from games that have a legit ending and not "A winner is you!" types.

As mentioned earlier, this has been $20 on Amz for a few weeks. Bought it, but haven't opened it yet. May be awhile, just picked-up Skyrim today.

[quote name='thedream77']As mentioned earlier, this has been $20 on Amz for a few weeks. Bought it, but haven't opened it yet. May be awhile, just picked-up Skyrim today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update

[quote name='MysterD']I'm curious...

Was that poor performance on the original Ego Draconis Edition for 360?
Or on the Dragon Knight Saga Edition?
B/c I thought Larian was supposed to fix those problems w/ DKS Edition on 360.

I have both editions on the PC - and they run fine and animate excellent.
Well, of course they should, given my specs [i7 950, GeForce GTX 560 Ti, 8 GB RAM, Win 7 64-bit].[/QUOTE]

It was the Dragon Knight Saga. I played the Eco Draconis one and there's definitely been some improvement, but not enough for me to play through it.

Game is great outside of the character animations. Highly recommended at $20 if you like WRPGs, or RPGs in general.

bread's done
Back