DJ Hero 2 W/ Wireless Turntable $30 at GS

[quote name='Matedawg11']Woahhh...I never really considered picking this up but it seems like a good price...what to do??[/QUOTE]

If you want it, you should get it. Simple :)

If you guys/gals have a local GS then it's the same price locally, not just online so you can pickup same day! BTW, I'm not usually into music games (Guitar Hero, Rockband, etc.) however, I have to admit...DJ Hero's awesome!

So tempting, but I'm burnt out on Guitar Hero, and I'm not a fan (at all) of most of the music on the song list...

Nice. Missed out on the DJ Hero 1 bundles at Sears for $17.99, but maybe for it was for the best. I don't mind paying the extra $10 bucks for a wireless turntable.

You do know this is part of the Power Saver Sale, and is included in that thread already. I guess in b4 the lock....sorry to seem like a troll but I'd hate to see the deals forum flooded with individual threads per item.

Well, if you're buying DJ Hero 2, might as well pick up an extra turntable. The wireless turntables are sold solo, (was right next to the DJ Hero 2 display in my Gamestop,) and are on special right now for $9.99. So, 2 turntables and the game for $40 + tax/ shipping. Got it today for me and the wife, awesome price!!

Edit: Sticker for wireless turntable still showed $19.99 for me but rang up for the sale price...also on the website for $9.99.

i heard the DJ Hero 2 turntables are similar to the old ones, so does that mean it's backwards compatible? like can i play DJ Hero on it?

While this is part of the GS this is very notable on its own imo. I picked this up for 360 and I am loving it. Best 30 bucks I've spent on a rhythm game.

[quote name='gotdott']i heard the DJ Hero 2 turntables are similar to the old ones, so does that mean it's backwards compatible? like can i play DJ Hero on it?[/QUOTE]

On my solo turntable box, it says that it's compatible for PS3 and PS2, so yeah I'd assume it's fine for any of the games.

[quote name='gotdott']i heard the DJ Hero 2 turntables are similar to the old ones, so does that mean it's backwards compatible? like can i play DJ Hero on it?[/QUOTE]They're the same turntable, only the game was changed and in my opinion, greatly improved. I already had the first one, so picked up a used copy of DJH2 and it's a lot more like being a turntablist with plenty of opportunities to freestyle scratch, crossfade, and trigger samples.

I picked it up when I saw it in the Power Saver thread. I've always wanted to try this game, I could never get into the Guitar Hero/Rock Band games since I'm much more of a hip hop fan than a rock music fan. $30 seems like a good price for game + turntable.

Is an extra turntable only for multiplayer or can you use two turntables in single player?

[quote name='msdmoney']Is an extra turntable only for multiplayer or can you use two turntables in single player?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing, anyone know?

[quote name='DirkBelig']They're the same turntable, only the game was changed and in my opinion, greatly improved. I already had the first one, so picked up a used copy of DJH2 and it's a lot more like being a turntablist with plenty of opportunities to freestyle scratch, crossfade, and trigger samples.[/QUOTE]

Did DH1 also have wireless turntables?

finally bit on buying a rhythm game/plastic peripheral after all these years.
bought a used copy of DJH1 for $10 and a new turntable for $10

the Carpal Tunnel in my wrist should hold me over until DJH2 hits $10 sometime in the near future

[quote name='Untamed Sorrow']You do know this is part of the Power Saver Sale, and is included in that thread already. I guess in b4 the lock....sorry to seem like a troll but I'd hate to see the deals forum flooded with individual threads per item.[/QUOTE]

You know I looked that thread over and saw this but didn't think anything of it. I'm glad he posted this separately because this is a really good deal. I'll be picking this up next week or so since the deal is through April 24th.

Strange. I placed an order last night with credit card and it seemd to go through. I never received a confirmation order AND there are no previous ordered listed in my Gamestop account. Hopefully I'm an isolated case, but you may want to check your orders!

[quote name='heavy liquid']Nice. Missed out on the DJ Hero 1 bundles at Sears for $17.99, but maybe for it was for the best. I don't mind paying the extra $10 bucks for a wireless turntable.[/QUOTE]

...There were wired turntables? When I picked up a DJ Hero 1 bundle from Toys R Us for $20 I got a wireless one (PS3).

[quote name='Psybuster']...There were wired turntables? When I picked up a DJ Hero 1 bundle from Toys R Us for $20 I got a wireless one (PS3).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mistakenly thought that DH1 had wired tables, which is why I asked about it a couple posts above (post #25). Oh well, it's still not too much more than the Sears deal, so I don't feel too bad.

Damn... I have no interest in this game but I love Rock Band. It seems like a great price...what to do what to do...

[quote name='XtraN']Strange. I placed an order last night with credit card and it seemd to go through. I never received a confirmation order AND there are no previous ordered listed in my Gamestop account. Hopefully I'm an isolated case, but you may want to check your orders![/QUOTE]

Same thing just happened to me today. I ordered this morning; still haven't gotten an email and it's not showing in my order history. I did happen to print a PDF of my confirmation page just in case.

[quote name='CloudVader']Same thing just happened to me today. I ordered this morning; still haven't gotten an email and it's not showing in my order history. I did happen to print a PDF of my confirmation page just in case.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me the other day so I had reordered and my second order went through just fine. Hopefully my first order just voids out so I don't have to hassle with returning it.

Got mine today, ordered on the first. I honestly didn't expect it that quickly with el cheapo shipping. I heard small parts shaking around in the box, so I was ready to blow a gasket... turns out the tiny bag of gel beads popped open somehow :p The game's pretty fun, though kind of hard to play given that my hands, particularly my right one, are eczema burdened. Sexy, right?

I ordered it off the site and I didn't get an email or anything and when I logged in to gamestop.com it doesn't show my order....is this normal?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Got mine today, ordered on the first. I honestly didn't expect it that quickly with el cheapo shipping. I heard small parts shaking around in the box, so I was ready to blow a gasket... turns out the tiny bag of gel beads popped open somehow :p The game's pretty fun, though kind of hard to play given that my hands, particularly my right one, are eczema burdened. Sexy, right?[/QUOTE]

How long did it take to ship?

EDIT: Nevermind, got a shipping confirmation email right after I posted. Odd coincidence.

yeah same thing happened to me, i dont see it in my order history. :( i will reorder

EDIT: does anyone know how long it takes them to send a confirmation email, it says an hour but i ordered like 2 hours ago.

dammit. I just realized I used a gidt card to pay for some of this purchase online and I threw away the gift card. Now that there's no order status as if I never ordered. I'm SOL. Don't have the gift card anymore(unless I dig through my trash) and I'm not getting the item I ordered. Ugh. fuck this deal!

Thank for the post OP. Walked in and out of GS like that, first time an employee didn't try to sell me anything extra.

Now I can get that stupid multiplayer achievement on the first game.

bread's done
Back