DJ Hero $29.99 Target. In store only

ColossusVerbatum

CAG Veteran
Feedback
4 (100%)
I went to target and they had DJ Hero on Wii and PS3 for $29.99. I didn't see the 360 version so im not sure. It's not gonna be in the clearance, its going to be in the regular spot. It just said "on sale" and the tag said it was $30.00 off. This is the bundle with the controller and game.

[quote name='token2k6']I saw shelf tags claiming Tony Hawk Ride was the same price on all consoles..need to make room I guess![/QUOTE]

Gotta make room for all those DJ Hero 2's!

[quote name='mindsale']Gotta make room for all those DJ Hero 2's![/QUOTE]

Does that come with redesigned hardware?

[quote name='Thrinn']Does that come with redesigned hardware?[/QUOTE]

Yes. The new turntables are guaranteed to linger on shelves twice as unappealingly as the first DJ Hero. I plan on picking this up for $10.

[quote name='mindsale']Yes. The new turntables are guaranteed to linger on shelves twice as unappealingly as the first DJ Hero. I plan on picking this up for $10.[/QUOTE]
:lol::lol::applause:

[quote name='DANIEL']I have a feeling we will see a lot of good prices on DJ Hero when black friday comes.[/QUOTE]

I think it would be a disappointment for retailers if they still have these come Black Friday.

These will definitely be on "sale" by Black Friday--you aren't allowed to leave the store's property unless you take at least one of the damn things with you.

The prices for DJ Hero have been crazy low. I got mine for $20 from TRU a while back. I'm satisified with it at that price, but nothing more. This and Tony Hawk Ride are like shelf poison for retailers. I remember the week it came out Best Buy built a fortress out of the damn things!

You could pick one up and trade it for 1000 points on Goozex. I briefly thought about doing that, but then realized how expensive the shipping would be.

Will bite when it's $20 shipped/out the door including tax. $15 is even sweeter, but for $20.. it's well worth it.

Maybe if DJ Hero used better music say from Tiesto, Oakenfold, etc. people would have bought this game. Rap and the mashups are horrible music.

Wanted to verify all TH:Ride bundles are the same price (across all platforms). I think the title should be updated to include TH:Ride in this deal!!!!

Wow, such hate! I picked it up last night at K-Mart for $20 using one of my $20 coupons and it's blown away my expectations. So far, I've enjoyed every mix and think the controller is far more fun to use than any of these other music games. $30 is a great deal.

[quote name='DANIEL']I have a feeling we will see a lot of good prices on DJ Hero when black friday comes.[/QUOTE]

I think its more likely that someone like amazon will do a "buy an Dj Hero 2/Guitar Hero warriors of rock, get DJ hero free" sort of thing. I don't know if alot of retail stores are going to want to deal with something this large if is only going to sell at $20-30, or if they do, each store only going to have 6-10 of them to make sure that they don't get stuck with any more of them that won't sell after the black Friday sale is over.

Such a shame to read the comments in here. This is a well designed game. The gameplay is solid and the mixes they pulled off is so impressive. I understand the hate from the masses, but if you are a gamer looking for a solid solo gameplay experience then this is a terrific deal.

On related news that new DJ Hero 2 commerical is horrible.

I'm not usually a fan of this style of music, but with very few exceptions I really enjoyed DJ Hero's set list. It's a really great game at a price like this.

I'm strongly considering picking this up even though financially I shouldn't - I've spent way too much on deals this month.

But I really, really want to play it.

It really is a fun game! And especially if you are tired of all the installments of Rock Band and Guitar Hero that have come out this year, it is a breath of fresh air. The music may not be for everyone, but I applaud them for doing something new. Lord knows more companies need to.

[quote name='kburns10']It really is a fun game! And especially if you are tired of all the installments of Rock Band and Guitar Hero that have come out this year, it is a breath of fresh air. The music may not be for everyone, but I applaud them for doing something new. Lord knows more companies need to.[/QUOTE]

The big thing for me is if the game is fun. I loved Elite Beat Agents even though I didn't like all of the music in it because the game was so fun it MADE those songs enjoyable.

So if it's a good time, I will probably buy it, as I don't particularly care whether it's focused on rap or techno or whatever.

Oh man, so tempted to get this game. For a game that was over $100 once, and for fans of rhythm games, it does look like a sweet deal.

The price is definitely YMMV... so be warned. Unless my local store was just really late in doing the price (local one didn't have it but the one further out did).

Also, it's an awesome game! Some of the songs are great...but some are crap. Then again what music game doesn't have it's share of crap. I'm not sure how much replay it'll have but for $30 it's a steal! My TRU has some but that's only because they're bundled with an extra turntable for like $90. Wal Mart has a few too but they're still $70. Best Buy has been sold out for a while now.

How big is the turntable controller and is it usually easy to store so it's out of the way when not in use? Also, is there any reason to get the Wii version over the 360 version if I have to choose?

[quote name='Japakneez']Such a shame to read the comments in here. This is a well designed game. The gameplay is solid and the mixes they pulled off is so impressive. I understand the hate from the masses, but if you are a gamer looking for a solid solo gameplay experience then this is a terrific deal.

On related news that new DJ Hero 2 commerical is horrible.[/QUOTE]

yeah i guess the hate comes from cheapasses that dont appreciate the mixes... this is a GREAT game

$20 is my purchase price for DJ Hero. Tony Hawk Ride, on the other hand? $5. It's worth that much so that I can force my friends to play it. There would be some amusement out of it then.

The prices for Ride and DJ Hero are temporary price cuts where I work. I'll have to check the end date. I was tempted by DJ.

I would almost bite again. I had this game for a while and I had tons of fun. Loved the tracks so much I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod.

[quote name='strife18']I would almost bite again. I had this game for a while and I had tons of fun. Loved the tracks so much I have the whole soundtrack on my iPod.[/QUOTE]

Same here. To clarify, I have the game as well, and it is extremely fun to play, especially as an alternative to the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games of late. It's a nice change of pace, and at this low price, it's well worth it. If anything, the game is worth it just to hear the excellent mash-ups of sweet songs.

Besides, who doesn't enjoy more plastic video game accessories cluttering up your place?

I got mine for $19.99 from TRU a couple weeks ago when I they had that 2 day 'doorbuster'. Was lucky I guess because they only had 3 to sell!

[quote name='rexflexall']I got mine for $19.99 from TRU a couple weeks ago when I they had that 2 day 'doorbuster'. Was lucky I guess because they only had 3 to sell![/QUOTE]

Same here, but even at that price I'm having buyers remorse. I just can't get into it like I did with Rock Band. The only payoff in the end for me is to hear some of the cool mashups which I could just do online.

I checked my Target today and saw they were $30, but were sold out (or they had them in the back and hadn't put more out yet).

[quote name='Scorch']It's gonna be free with a bag of doritos soon[/QUOTE]
That is what I been waiting for, I just hope I can exchange the doritos for some Goldfish.

I bought one for 360 just to hold onto until they drop to $19.99. Then, I'll go back and return it. They haven't been moving at my local store because the price on the shelf still says $69.99. Strangely enough, Super Street Fighter IV's shelf ticket has been changed to $19.99.

Even if your store still shows the price $69.99, if you are interested in the deal make sure to ask about the price. The label system would not allow me (I run the electronic department at my Target) to print out a label at $29.99 but that is the price it comes up as at the register. This happens every once in awhile.

bread's done
Back