DJ Hero $59.99 @ HEB Plus (TX Grocery Chain) PM to B&M YMMV

wynams

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
from slickdeals (via WildChickenDanc)

Slickdeals folks are reporting successful price matching at Target and Walmart.

H-E-B Plus ad for this week has :360: DJ Hero Bundle (price mistake) for xbox priced at $59.99 each. Pick up the ad in a Sunday paper or at HEB.

Seems that HEB is aware of the price mistake, but should be able to price match this at Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, or Target..

http://heb.inserts2online.com/pageLarge.jsp?pageNumber=7&startPageNum=7

On page 7 of ad. Link worked for me in ie/firefox/gchrome with clean caches :)

alternate link:
http://heb.inserts2online.com/break...=7&breakoutName=b560857_5.jpg&itemId=15030203

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thecheapest']I've heard many positive things about this game so far. Is this the best price at the moment or is there another offer out there?
smile
[/QUOTE]
i doubt any place would be willing to sell this game, that just came out a week ago, for 50% off already >__>

[quote name='oasisboy']I rather pay $120 for DJ Hero than to live in the Rio Grande Valley. I lived there for 2 years and could not wait to get the fuk out of there. Too many people from Matamoros, Reynosa and Monterrey who think they are the shit. It's funny that once they leave the area (if they ever do) they realize they are nobodys and go back to valley (especially girls)...:booty:[/QUOTE]

That's nice. I wasn't trying to open discussion on that front but not a big deal to me since I don't live there.

I'd argue that about pretty much any area in this state outside of Austin, but that's my own personal derivative.

[quote name='equest943']When did Target start price matching?[/QUOTE]
ours started to do it recently but apparently for "thousands of items"

see they state that just so when something could be done, like an electronic item, they could use the "it doesnt fall into the "thousands of items" catagory"

my girlfriend did ask if they would and the guy at the electronics counter said maybe. but they didnt even have any 360 copies of the game out. prolly had them in the back since someone tried to price match it -_-

There is an HEB plus on 99 and Fry Rd. It 50 miles within at least 4 best buys (Sugarland, Bella Terra, West Oaks, I10-Fry)

good to see the deal working for people. lol i wish i could get it pricematched out here in NYC. but highly doubt it

Well Texas obviously isn't in Europe.
There are ad mistakes all the time and like zenintrude said, they just put up signs in the store correcting said mistake.

not even worth a try this far away I suppose.

PM me if your interested in picking me up one as well, I guess I'd give commission.

If you print out the ad offline will it work or does walnart and them have a rule against it? And has anyone tried it out of Texas?

The HEB plus in Beaumont had the ad but it was listed correctly as $119 in it. I grabbed 2 just in case a friend wanted to try, but when we looked it was listed as $119, right under a Sony item that was $59 lol.

I tried at 2 Walmarts and both would do it, but I needed the actual ad. I had a printout of page 7 and the ad on my phone so they could see I didn't photoshop the printout or anything. Oh well, all y'all with the physical ads in your area are lucky.

Anyone know which walmarts in Houston (Post Oak/Dunvale or any on I10) can price match the add about to got to the Buffalo Speedway HEB ironically for food.

Houston we got a problem at least at the Buffalo Speedway one the ad does not appear in the store their are a few other HEB anyone in Houston here in this thread?

No HEB Plus and no damn K-Mart in DFW, Tx.
Damn.

I already have the game but wouldn't mind a second turntable.

The store locator shows an HEB Plus in Waxahachie ... a little bit of a drive, but still technically still in the DFW area, but I don't see this deal in that store's ad (at least the online version) and cannot locate an actual paper ad in any local paper.

I was just dumbfounded, I figured I'd try one more just to see what would happen. I was seconds away from success, when they come back from the front of the store and say "We can't match online prices see? It says online right there(points to the web address at the top of the printscrn copy)" me-Yeah, but that's the ad they send in the paper, just on the internet because I didn't get the paper, nor did I drive to Beaumont to get the ad. "Well, we still can't match their online price, if you get the paper we can do it but not online" me-It's not an online shopping store! It's the paper on the internet since I didn't get it in the mail, I have to look at it this way! See where it shows all the page numbers, and we're looking at pages 6 and 7? See the top of the page where it says Search Ad? You can't order items from HEB.com ....I left mad as hell at how absurdly stupid the situation was, but I can't be upset because I am trying to get over on them, but my God. Almost succeeded at getting the game by relying on their stupidity, I just hadn't prepared myself for that level of it.

Yeah, this is a wild goose chase for me. At 6am I decided to go to the only HEB Plus I know, and they had the same two ads that are linked to their store on the website, none featuring the DJ Hero. I saw DJ Hero there for MSRP. And even asked a cashier if there were any other ads.

I haven't confirmed w/ anyone who got a sunday paper if this ad is in there. It would have made my day to get DJ Hero for $60, but I just got Tiger 10 w/ Wii Motion+ for $15 at Target so I'm happy again!!

@kinga: Houston, we definitely have a problem! sux

So apparently I'm really lucky, because I was able to get this beast price-matched at the Walmart in Riverdale, NJ last night. Thanks again op!!

P.S.
I'd also like to thank the customer service rep for having no idea what she was doing. :applause:

Amazingly I got this deal at the BB in the Forum.

I just took the game & the ad to the customer service desk & said I wanted to price match. I already had the ad open to the correct page and the lady didnt even look to see where it was from. In just a couple minutes, she asked if I had a rewards card and that was that.

They did keep my ad though.

just called some stores near Detroit, MI

walmart, and target need the physical, original ad to PM (I kept telling them it is the weekly ad, just printed off the web, they had none of that)
best buy only does local PM'ing
and costco doesnt PM (I thought this one was a shoe in, but oh well)

I have a $50+ EB games gift certificate from trading in 2 games, so i guess i'll just use that to get it

[quote name='token2k6']Yeah, this is a wild goose chase for me. At 6am I decided to go to the only HEB Plus I know, and they had the same two ads that are linked to their store on the website, none featuring the DJ Hero. I saw DJ Hero there for MSRP. And even asked a cashier if there were any other ads.

I haven't confirmed w/ anyone who got a sunday paper if this ad is in there. It would have made my day to get DJ Hero for $60, but I just got Tiger 10 w/ Wii Motion+ for $15 at Target so I'm happy again!!

@kinga: Houston, we definitely have a problem! sux[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to go to the HEB Plus in Pearland? I live about 20 min from the Pearland store...don't know if it's a waste of time to go.

[quote name='ispeshaled']Did you happen to go to the HEB Plus in Pearland? I live about 20 min from the Pearland store...don't know if it's a waste of time to go.[/QUOTE]

nah, sorry, went to the one out in Katy. and it might be a waste of time to go, the consensus seems that H-town was left out of this particular ad...You could try to PM at the Pearland location using an online ad pulled up from another store, but that would just be silly! It'd really be sweet if all HEBs honor their price. I mean, it's better to make $60 than to make $0 b/c people will just walk, and then just write off the difference.

[quote name='porieux']Shouldn't this be in the regional forum?[/QUOTE]
Well with the ad scan, some people were able to get a PM even outside the region.

No, I didn't even have to show them a printout. I just pulled it up on my iphone and showed them. Honestly, I thought I was going to have a problem, because they needed the manager to authorize such a large match. But, alas, he wasn't paying attention at all.

[quote name='Gertle627']Well with the ad scan, some people were able to get a PM even outside the region.[/QUOTE]

like me

So close to getting a pm in collingdale,pa but the old man said I needed the physical ad. I didn't even think about pulling out my iPhone...I guess I'll try later tonight at a trashier walmart

Anyone in Houston try yet I guess I will try to see if the printout could randomly work I really doubt it might as well hope for a nice black Friday deal.

[quote name='porieux']Texas can only speak in gibberish.[/QUOTE]
:roll:
:booty: Funny:booty:whats next San Fransisco nothing but gay people and New York nothing but preppies.

[quote name='kinga']:roll:
:booty: Funny:booty:whats next San Fransisco nothing but gay people and New York nothing but preppies.[/QUOTE]

Only in response to people who say stupid comments about them speaking for the whole country ;)

I'm just disgruntled because I can't get in on this deal ;)

no way is a store going to PM a place they never even heard of.

lol id try to pull this off in NYC if i could. just dont want to look crazy doin so. and then w/ used versions showing up for $59.99 @ GS i might not even try

I live in Austin and there are a ton of HEB's but i had to drive 20miles to get to an HEB plus. They had the ad and I went to the closest wallmart. And I tried to buy the PS3 version. The lady would not pm me and instructed me that they do not even carry the 360 version, but would have pm'ed if they did.

Drive 5 miles to the next wallmart and they didn't even notice the version thing. So I scored a ps3 copy.

Not a happy ending though... my controller came broken out of the box:bomb:

I'm going to call the manufacturer tomorrow and demand the metal renegade pad so I'm guaranteed it won't be broken when it arrives.

Tried the online ad here at Col,OH (Morse Rd) Walmart AND Target, both negative.

Walmart csr said they wouldve price matched it, but they dont carry the Xbox 360 version in stores...d'oh!

[quote name='jerico2k']
I'm going to call the manufacturer tomorrow and demand the metal renegade pad so I'm guaranteed it won't be broken when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

The Rengade and regular edition controllers have the same quality, and the Renegade edition isn't metal either (not that it would help the controller in any way).

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a few places last night in the Bay Area, CA and got close at a couple but no cigar. If I had a real ad I would have been able to walk out with it at least twice. Closest I came was at Target but since it's a huge price match they had to do a final check with their manager.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Wow, yeah, anybody who honors this blatant mistake is an idiot. Even if they knew nothing about video games, an override that big is going to need manager approval. And any manager who gives you 50% off without even making a phone call for verification deserves their walking papers. Anyone who is able to get this "deal" should also buy a lottery ticket today.[/QUOTE]

this.

bread's done
Back