DJ Hero $59.99 @ HEB Plus (TX Grocery Chain) PM to B&M YMMV

wynams

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
from slickdeals (via WildChickenDanc)

Slickdeals folks are reporting successful price matching at Target and Walmart.

H-E-B Plus ad for this week has :360: DJ Hero Bundle (price mistake) for xbox priced at $59.99 each. Pick up the ad in a Sunday paper or at HEB.

Seems that HEB is aware of the price mistake, but should be able to price match this at Walmart, Best Buy, Sears, or Target..

http://heb.inserts2online.com/pageLarge.jsp?pageNumber=7&startPageNum=7

On page 7 of ad. Link worked for me in ie/firefox/gchrome with clean caches :)

alternate link:
http://heb.inserts2online.com/break...=7&breakoutName=b560857_5.jpg&itemId=15030203

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried 2 Walmarts and 2 Targets in Houston. 1 Target already knew the ad was a misprint, the 3 other stores required the original print ad, claiming they don't accept anything off the internet.

Anyone have a print ad they're finished with? Thanks

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']There's a fine line between getting a great deal and knowingly being dishonest[/QUOTE]

On CAG, morals only come into play when a deal is taken away (ie: everyone was fine with "double dipping" ECA codes until Amazon stopped accepting them).

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']There's a fine line between getting a great deal and knowingly being dishonest[/QUOTE]

Then keep bumping the thread. Maybe even more dishonest people have yet to discover it. :p

[quote name='jerico2k']I live in Austin and there are a ton of HEB's but i had to drive 20miles to get to an HEB plus. They had the ad and I went to the closest wallmart. And I tried to buy the PS3 version. The lady would not pm me and instructed me that they do not even carry the 360 version, but would have pm'ed if they did.

Drive 5 miles to the next wallmart and they didn't even notice the version thing. So I scored a ps3 copy.

Not a happy ending though... my controller came broken out of the box:bomb:

I'm going to call the manufacturer tomorrow and demand the metal renegade pad so I'm guaranteed it won't be broken when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

Which Wal Mart priced matched it and which HEB did you go to?

[quote name='munch']I think the only HEB Plus in Austin is in Four Points on 620.[/QUOTE]

But there's four in the area, that one, Cedar Park, Kyle, and Hutto

The HEB Plus in SA at 1604 @ Blanco had nothing on display, likely because they pulled everything. I took the ad to Walmart and they would price-match, but only for the 360 version which is the one shown in the ad.

[quote name='Lord Chabelo']Which Wal Mart priced matched it and which HEB did you go to?[/QUOTE]

I went to the 620 HEB plus and then the Walmart on 620 north of that HEB. I think i got pretty lucky though, I brought it up to the front away from the video game people, then found an older guy who rang me up, then he called his manager over for the over ride. He was a hipster in his early twenties who was into mixing and thought they only carried the renegade edition. I talked to him for a bit about the game then he glanced at the ad and did his thing.

Also my pad seems to be working fine now.

[quote name='iggywiggum']The HEB Plus in SA at 1604 @ Blanco had nothing on display, likely because they pulled everything. I took the ad to Walmart and they would price-match, but only for the 360 version which is the one shown in the ad.[/QUOTE]

So buy the 360, and return it at kmart or sears, or somewhere else for the PS3 version.

Has anyone in the DFW area been able to get a hold of the physical ad from the newspaper?

I get the Fort Worth Star Telegram and there wasn't one in circulation in that paper - any other ideas?

I might try printing out the entire ad and see where that gets me at Wal-Mart.

Any help is appreciated. :)

So thanks to cubeenigma who sent this ad from Texas to Tacoma Washington. I have some good news and some bad news. I took the ad to Walmart but they said they would not honor it. But the good new I went to bestbuy and they match the price for two of them. One for me and one for my friend. I was shocked but happily shocked. But I could not of got this deal if is was not for cubeenigma, he is the man. Definetly a good person and very reliable. Thanks again much man.

And for everyones info this game is great. But only 60.00 great not 130.00 after tax great. But still very cool. Rock Band 2 is still the best music game ever.

bread's done
Back