DJ Hero bundle $89 shipped @ official GH store (Wii/PS3/Xbox 360)

If you looked at Craig's List the weekend after it came out, there were two types of DJ Hero ads:

1. Renegade Edition - RARE! Sold out everywhere. $300. (Total lie; store piled how with plenty of stock; sellers trying to bamboozle clueless parents.)

B. For sale $75-$90 - Played for less than 2 hours; realized I was never going to be Teisto. Looks new.

Now, the Renegades are in the $150 neighborhood and we're seeing sales like this from the official store. I think that we've hit the oversaturation/milking it point for band/guitar games and the reality is that turntablism is a much smaller niche market compared to the air guitar market.

At the rate this is collapsing, I'm sure these will be sub-$80 for the bundle by year-end or January. I can wait. I still need to finish my Beatles Rock Band career and start on GH Van Halen. I've got plenty to play.

Am I alone in thinking that the whole Hero franchise is really shitting the bed? As in quality and sales.

Apparently GH: VH is godawful and I'm not really sure what differentiates band hero from GH:WT except a reboot of peripherals cause WT's were shoddy. Oh, and a pop setlist.

[quote name='confoosious']Am I alone in thinking that the whole Hero franchise is really shitting the bed? As in quality and sales.

Apparently GH: VH is godawful and I'm not really sure what differentiates band hero from GH:WT except a reboot of peripherals cause WT's were shoddy. Oh, and a pop setlist.[/QUOTE]

Aside from obviously holding back features for sequels, DJ Hero is a breath of fresh and is really great. It seems a bit simple compared to GH or RB which has gone feature crazy but is really fun, aside from the fact that it actually has "new" music which makes it a more interesting experience IMHO.

I'll never buy a RB or GH game outside of clearance though and wouldn't recomend anyone pay over 90 for DJ Hero, preferably holding out for 70 if you're not really psyched about a DJ game.

60-70 bucks is also my sweet spot, especially since it's not really a multiplayer game, and Rock Band (I own no current gen GH games) probably won't support it (although I predict they're working on a similar game in the future...)

This could also be a good deal for those wanting a second controller. I recently sold an extra copy of the game only for $45. It sold within 12hrs.

Also....i was told by activision support that the turntable controller from the PS2 bundle works on PS3. This controller will also work with the PS3 version of the game. I guess there is no difference in PS2/PS3 turntable controllers.

I bought both my beatmania bundles a few years back on clearance for between 30 and 40 bucks each. One from Toys R Us, and one from Target. I think this thing will drop a lot further so I'll hold out until then.

[quote name='Japakneez']This could also be a good deal for those wanting a second controller. I recently sold an extra copy of the game only for $45. It sold within 12hrs.

Also....i was told by activision support that the turntable controller from the PS2 bundle works on PS3. This controller will also work with the PS3 version of the game. I guess there is no difference in PS2/PS3 turntable controllers.[/QUOTE]

why would anyone want the game only ? does it work with a normal controller ?

[quote name='acyw13']why would anyone want the game only ? does it work with a normal controller ?[/QUOTE]
He bought 2 (to get an extra turntable) and flipped the extra game.

I still don't understand the draw of the game, in Guitar Hero you play as a rock star. In DJ Hero, you play the dipshit at parties that spins other people's records? Seems like a pretty mediocre fantasy to play out in a video game.

[quote name='mikejenks']I still don't understand the draw of the game, in Guitar Hero you play as a rock star. In DJ Hero, you play the dipshit at parties that spins other people's records? Seems like a pretty mediocre fantasy to play out in a video game.[/QUOTE]

To me, it's not about the fantasy of being a DJ. I like this genre of music and that's why I want to get the game when the price point hits $60 or less. I enjoy GH but I look forward to this game for a change of pace genre wise.

[quote name='mikejenks']I still don't understand the draw of the game, in Guitar Hero you play as a rock star. In DJ Hero, you play the dipshit at parties that spins other people's records? Seems like a pretty mediocre fantasy to play out in a video game.[/QUOTE]

At one time I felt the same way, but as sad as it maybe, I found playing the guitar (acoustic) far easier than learning to scratch/dj. It's just the aspects of timing, not to mention ALIGNING the proper melodies/riffs/choruses perfectly...you truly have to have a good ear.

Obviously we aren't talking about rocket science, but it's definitely a bit of a skill.

I however will not say it's worth to try it out VIRTUALLY for $100+

lmao i didn't think the dj's were dipshits unless they played shyt music. I just like being creative with beats. But 90$ is still a bit high but I guess they realized that people aren't going to pay 200$ and are trying to find the sweet spot price.

WARNING TO THOSE WHO'LL SHIP GAME TO THEIR OFFICE

Almost didn't get my shipment.

Since I send all my packages to my workplace, I entered the company's name in the "Company" field on the order form (some FedEx/UPS drivers don't know/understand that we occupy the whole damn six-story building, save for half a floor). The shipping label on the package only listed the company name and not my name. The mail room people were wondering where the heck the package was supposed to go and were about to give it to the marketing dept. (Which would be ironic if you understood the context of where I work.)

Thank goodness I stopped by the mail room to ask where my giant 26lb package was. Not that I don't have tons of other games to play over the weekend...

Shipping this enormous volume/weight package with 2-day shipping at no cost to me seems incredibly pricey. Seems like Activision is eating about double the $30 coupon savings.

[quote name='Space Cowboy YGI']I stated in an earlier thread, this game (along with BH) has Target Clearance section written all over it. They saturated the market with these plastic peripherals, now they're paying the price (at the worst possible time). Didn't they learn anything from the past mistakes of comic books and baseball cards companies?[/QUOTE]

Over saturation happens in any market.

The comic book bust had WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more to do with them taking advantage of a speculators market that doesn't even exist anymore...

Baseball cards did a similar thing, but they also had the horrendous issue of huge price hikes (from >$1 for a pack to $10?)

bread's done
Back