DJ Hero Gen. Discussion - Get your Daft Punk masks ready!

I'm going for DJ Hero on this one.

Scratch looky gimmicky with that Piano w/e style sctaching.
------
I've played the DJ Hero demo on Gamestop on my local Mall. And I gotta say, it was really really fun. +The song choices are lovable.

This one should be the gen. discussion since it was intended for it, buuuuuuuuuut I don't completely disagree with the discount arguement

As much as I dislike Activision, I actually want this game. The videos of it are pretty cool and the tracklist is pretty good. I could see myself buying it.

I only want this game because Daft Punk is in it, We will rock you/Robot rock mix sounds amazing. Going to have to save up for it. A lot of retailers in the UK have cut down the price so hopefully I won't have to pay as much. :)

Hmm, 120$ doesn't really seem expensive when you had a history of buying a band kit of 200$ :|..

[quote name='MarkMan']Getting it day 1.[/QUOTE]

Oh sht, wassup MarkMan. :applause: (MGO_Count from SRK)
Yeah man, DJ Hero is gonna be sweet!!

[quote name='Japakneez']I'm getting Renegade Edition Day 1 ;)[/QUOTE]

Ahhh lucky :bomb: I was considering the Renegade, but to many stuff to buy.. :cry:

[quote name='QiG']Actually looks interesting now. Is it being demo-ed at all Gamestops?[/QUOTE]

Not all Gamestop.
The one on Del Amo Fashion Center here in SoCal has the demo.

Got to try this game out yesterday. A little hard to get the hang of but I definitely liked it. My brothers interested in getting it so I guess I won't have to. The music selection is great.

I've been excited for months but the release of the full track list today has made me wish for a 3 week coma. Can't wait to play this!

You know I love the music, I love the idea and I've always wanted to be a DJ since I make electronic music myself but damn I don't have the money for this game, NFS:Shift, Borderlands, and MW2! I love Daft Punk though, shit I have a real and fake drumset and two fake guitars already lol.

Yea this is from Kotaku:
Every mash-up is listed below the cut.

2Pac - "All Eyez On Me" vs. The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)"
50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"
Afrika Bambaataa - "Zulu Nation Throwdown" vs. Freedom Express - "Get Down"
Beastie Boys - "Here's A Little Somethin' For Ya" vs. DJ Shadow - "The Number Song (2009 Version)" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" vs. Blondie - "Rapture"
Beastie Boys - "Lee Majors Come Again" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk" (Produced and mixed by Cut Chemist)
Beck - "Where It's At" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"
Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" Beat Juggle
Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction" vs. Tiësto - "Elements Of Life"
Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" vs. Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction
Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. 2Pac - "How Do You Want It"
Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. Connie Price & The Keystones - "Fuzz And Them"
Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies - "Time Of The Season" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
Common - "Universal Mind Control (U.M.C.)" vs. Masta Ace - "Jeep A** Gutter (Aaron LaCrate & Debonair Samir RMX)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. Classics IV - "Spooky"
Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. David Axelrod - "The Edge"
Daft Punk - "Around The World" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
Daft Punk - "Da Funk" vs. N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip"
Daft Punk - "Megamix 1"
Daft Punk - "Megamix 2"
Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim - "Al Naafyish (The Soul)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Queen - "We Will Rock You"
Daft Punk - "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades
Daft Punk - "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars"
Daft Punk - "Television Rules the Nation" vs. No Doubt - "Hella Good
David Axelrod - "The Edge" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President
Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)
Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. Justice - "Genesis DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)" vs. D-Code - "Annie's Horn"
Eminem - "My Name Is" vs. Beck - "Loser"
Fedde Le Grand - "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench" vs. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (DJ-Guitar mix, produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" vs. Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt 2" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." vs. Blondie - "Atomic"
Grandmaster Flash's - "Boom" vs. "Tap" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
Grandmaster Flash, DJ Kool, DJ Demo - "Here Comes My DJ" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. InDeep "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" Beat Juggle
Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)
Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"
JAY-Z feat. Pharrell - "Change Clothes" vs. 2Pac - "All Eyez on Me"
JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Eminem - "My Name Is"
JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
JAY-Z - "Excuse Me Miss" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
Jean Knight - "Mr. Big Stuff" vs. Masta Ace - "Born To Roll"
Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock - "Rockit"
Kid Cudi - "Day ‘N' Nite" vs. Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
Kool Moe Dee - "How Ya Like Me Now" vs. Reel 2 Real featuring The Mad Stuntman - "I Like To Move It"
Little Richard - "Tutti Frutti" vs. Shlomo - "Beats" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Wale - "Lookin' At Me"
Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
Motörhead - "Ace Of Spades" vs. Noisia - "Groundhog" (DJ-Guitar mix)
N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip" vs. Isaac Hayes - "Theme From Shaft"
Noisia - "Groundhog" Beat Juggle (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
Paul van Dyk - "Nothing But You" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
Public Enemy - "Shut ‘Em Down" vs. Beck - "Where It's At"
Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" vs. Justice - "Genesis" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Q-Tip - "Good Thang" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Beastie Boys - "Brass Monkey" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk"
Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. Kid Sister - "Control"
Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"
Shlomo - "Beats" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
Street Sweeper Social Club - "Fight! Smash! Win!" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"
Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)" vs. LL Cool J - "Rock The Bells" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
The Scratch Perverts Beats and Pieces (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. Paula Abdul - "Straight Up"
Wale - "Lookin' At Me" vs. Black Eyed Peas ft. Tippa Irie - "Hey Mama"
Weezer - "Beverly Hills" vs. Evidence, The Alchemist, Aceyalone, Rakaa & 88 Keys - "Fresh Rhymes An
Videotape" (DJ-Guitar mix)
Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (DJ-Guitar mix)
What do you think of the list?

That's pretty freakin sick if you ask me. Daft Punk FTW.

That's a really great soundtrack. I wonder if they release more songs on track packs or DLC.

[quote name='shadowkast']nice ful track list release today, just hope dlc support is not brushed under the rug[/QUOTE]

I heard something about 11 tracks being available day of release for DLC.

Part of me hopes they keep up with those, and then part of me doesn't. (

I wanted to like this, I really do, but only one Tiesto song? Thanks, but no thanks. Besides, I don't really like mashups anyways ;(

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I want it really bad, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to suck at it, so I'll be waiting until I get to demo it before I buy.[/QUOTE]

I doubt a demo would come.

[quote name='pete5883']I believe there are in-store demos set up at some Gamestops.[/QUOTE]
Not every Gamestop though.

[quote name='Count']Not every Gamestop though.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but there's supposed to be one at mine, so I'm going to wait till I try it out.

I hope I don't completely suck at it. I hope it captures the same feel of when I first played Guitar Hero.

The Best Buy here has a demo set up for the game. I freaking enjoyed it. The demo lets you play just 3 songs as a continuous playlist but it was exciting. I only remember the first 2 because I left before the 3rd song started. Song 1 was Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." Song 2 was Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me".

The controller is badass. All the buttons are easy to locate. The only problem is the slider. The game requires moving the slider to the left, center or to the right depending on which song is heard during the mixing. Sometimes when I needed to center the slider I would go too far into the other direction. It's a minor thing that can be fixed with experience.

CaptainJoel hit the point when he said this is like playing Guitar Hero 1. It's a fresh, new experience.

My local gamestop just got a demo of DJ hero, played it again, and I gotta say. This game is fun :D
And I like how you can playlist your song. Like once the song finishes, it automatically plays another one.

this is the only game I'm hyped for this holiday season. got the Renegade Edition pre-ordered. our site got a demo of the game last week, so we been messing around with that. I even went to Best Buy last night to play more. can't get enough of this game.

for those that would like to try the game, the DJ Hero website has a demo locator: http://djhero.com/playitnow

all the BBs here have had the demo up for about a week now... fun stuff, but the crossfader needs a bit more stick to it.

Oh man gotta stop by my BBs haha. It's like right behind my house literally. Any clue what Daft Punk songs are on this? I hope the Harder,better,faster,stronger song is on this but most likely won't due to copyright haha.

It was funny watching people play the demo at BB because no one could figure out how to play it but they all still seemed excited about the game.

[quote name='luan87us']Oh man gotta stop by my BBs haha. It's like right behind my house literally. Any clue what Daft Punk songs are on this? I hope the Harder,better,faster,stronger song is on this but most likely won't due to copyright haha.[/QUOTE]

they released the entire set list for the game last week.

[quote name='luan87us']Oh man gotta stop by my BBs haha. It's like right behind my house literally. Any clue what Daft Punk songs are on this? I hope the Harder,better,faster,stronger song is on this but most likely won't due to copyright haha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bornrunnin31']they released the entire set list for the game last week.[/QUOTE]believe it or not it's actually listed right here in this thread too!!!! crazy interwebz.

Headed out tomorrow to preorder @ best buy and swing by gamestop to check on this "event'

I tried it out at BB today (I have the Renegade pre-ordered at Amazon). The controller is smaller than I thought it was going to be. I picked it up in the middle of a song so I was like a fish out of water but I managed (my gf laughed at me the whole time though). The controller did feel good and I started to get the hang of it. The plastic slider felt a bit cheap but thats why I got the Renegade edition (metal). I hope it feels a bit more solid. Either way after coupons and discounts I ended up paying only $6.99 out of pocket and will be getting $20 of Amazon credit back.

I'll give it a shot, but I'm not really impressed by that song list. Scratch seems a little more appealing to me. The whole mash up thing bugs me. How about remixing with similar genres? How about give me a list of 100 songs and then letting me try to make my own mixes?

How about they just remove Hollaback Girl? WTF? Gwen Stefani? Garbage.

[quote name='Redeema']I'll give it a shot, but I'm not really impressed by that song list. Scratch seems a little more appealing to me. The whole mash up thing bugs me. How about remixing with similar genres? How about give me a list of 100 songs and then letting me try to make my own mixes?

How about they just remove Hollaback Girl? WTF? Gwen Stefani? Garbage.[/QUOTE]
:rofl::rofl:

bread's done
Back