DJ Hero: Renegade Edition (X360 or PS3)

uber fragger

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, I want to get DJ Hero: Renegade Edition (new preferably) but I'd like to pay $150 or less. I was looking online and I found the Wii version for $150 on Gogamer.com but I would prefer the 360 version (PS3 at the very least). I say a post on slickdeals.net's forum from a while ago saying it was $120 or something last month on Amazon Goldbox. Any idea if this limited edition will stick around long enough to see another deeply discounted deal?

[quote name='uber fragger']Hey guys, I want to get DJ Hero: Renegade Edition (new preferably) but I'd like to pay $150 or less. I was looking online and I found the Wii version for $150 on Gogamer.com but I would prefer the 360 version (PS3 at the very least). I say a post on slickdeals.net's forum from a while ago saying it was $120 or something last month on Amazon Goldbox. Any idea if this limited edition will stick around long enough to see another deeply discounted deal?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this answers your question at all, but my local Wal-Mart had a Renegade Edition (for PS3, I believe) on clearance for $100 about a month ago. I only saw one and it has since disappeared... but this proves that Wal-Mart at least carries it and plans to phase them out. Maybe just not enough Jay-Z/Eminem fans in Iowa...

To follow up on my last post -- my Wal-Mart STILL has the Renegade Edition for PS3 that I was talking about for $100, but it is the floor model that they boxed up and wanted to get rid of. I guess they aren't phasing them out quite yet. :whistle2:?

[quote name='ExeterBlue']To follow up on my last post -- my Wal-Mart STILL has the Renegade Edition for PS3 that I was talking about for $100, but it is the floor model that they boxed up and wanted to get rid of. I guess they aren't phasing them out quite yet. :whistle2:?[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm I'll have to try my local stores in Cinci. Over Christmas I went home to Columbus and couldn't find the Renegade Edition anywhere. $100 bucks isn't bad for the Renegade Edition but I wouldn't buy the floor model.

Thanks for your advice!

the standard edition dropped down to $100 but the resale of it is horrible. I played mine for 20 minutes and am trying to sell it locally for $80 and no luck. Been sitting on the floor now for 2 weeks and damn I kinda regret it. It plays well, looks well and functions fine just too many peripherals for me in my house already and no time to play it with my backlog. But check gamestop as they sell it used for way cheaper than retail and wal-mart and other stores put a recent price drop on it. By the way, the renegade edition isn't worth the extra $50-100 plus. The stand you can buy alone for about $30 so you'd be saving alot more $ in the long run.

[quote name='uber fragger']$100 bucks isn't bad for the Renegade Edition but I wouldn't buy the floor model.[/QUOTE]

I agree -- people probably went nuts on it and bunged it up (especially being at Wal-Mart).

[quote name='intoxicated662']By the way, the renegade edition isn't worth the extra $50-100 plus. The stand you can buy alone for about $30 so you'd be saving alot more $ in the long run.[/QUOTE]

I can imagine. The stand is about the only extra thing I'd be interested in. And here I thought everything Jay-Z touched turned to gold... :cry:

bread's done
Back