DJ Hero Turntable Bundle For $49.99 at Toys R Us

PM'd at BB, and even got the $9.99 replacement coverage for it...it's XX_Hero, you know the turntable will break before 2 years is up. Even the extra turntable alone is $59.99.

I got to TRU and it looked like I was sol on the PS3 version being in stock. Then I picked up a DJ Hero box to see if it was for the PS3,but no luck,360 version.Hold up....wait.....I moved a RB2 box when I picked up the 360 DJ Hero,and what's that hidden behind it....yep the LAST PS3 version. SCORE!

I was able to use the $10 coupon,but they were out of the $5 coupons. Total of $43.xx

I wish I could see the look on the face of the person who tried to hide this when they return to buy it and it's GONE!

I was so ready to run into toys r us today and jump on this but ended up getting a midday deal on eBay for 25 bucks shipped (where they do that at?) Thanks for posting the deal though.

[quote name='sgr76']I was so ready to run into toys r us today and jump on this but ended up getting a midday deal on eBay for 25 bucks shipped (where they do that at?) Thanks for posting the deal though.[/QUOTE]

Yep I was so stoked getting my Wii DJ Hero Renegade Edition just about brand new for $32 that I ended up buying a Xbox 360 Renegade Edition on the bay for $37 shipped as well. Got that one yesterday and it was in brand new condition too. Only thing open on both sets was the outer box itself! They were beat up a bit because of shipping but everything in each box was pristine and untouched, game and CD were still factory shrink-wrapped and instructions were complete . One or 2 pics for proof:

DSC04454.jpg
DSC04452.jpg

Oh yeah! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, there was an Eminem vs Jay-Z pack released. I haven't downloaded it yet, but it looks awesome. All of the mixes for this game were really well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCWMmY6D94Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfV-HbYKlaA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqG6nJ9EULk[/QUOTE]

While I do like the game & most of the mixes, I was extremely let down w/ the M&M/JZ mixes. I really had high hopes for it. To each their own though, maybe you will dig it. I am a proud owner of the $120 Renegade Edition from Amazon, so I'm not hatin' on it.

[quote name='rexflexall']Yep I was so stoked getting my Wii DJ Hero Renegade Edition just about brand new for $32 that I ended up buying a Xbox 360 Renegade Edition on the bay for $37 shipped as well. Got that one yesterday and it was in brand new condition too. Only thing open on both sets was the outer box itself! They were beat up a bit because of shipping but everything in each box was pristine and untouched, game and CD were still factory shrink-wrapped and instructions were complete . One or 2 pics for proof:

DSC04454.jpg
DSC04452.jpg

Oh yeah! :D[/QUOTE]

Did u buy yours from Dealtree? That dude is selling a load of those things on there and even if you didn't buy it from them, you have them to thank for keeping the prices low.

[quote name='sgr76']Did u buy yours from Dealtree? That dude is selling a load of those things on there and even if you didn't buy it from them, you have them to thank for keeping the prices low.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's where I got mine from, but my Wii one I thought would come with lots of use and some scratches because of auction description. Came brand new so I kinda lucked out. They must be selling a lot of stuff that maybe they couldn't keep track on condition of everything. I started by looking at the regular versions of DJ Hero, then found that the Renegade was going for only $10-15 more at the most. I didn't mind if my set was used because I figure I would beat it up anyway from use, but was pleasantly surprised when I cracked open the case to see everything brand new. I lucked out on my Xbox 360 version from them as well, everything still brand new.

[quote name='Slmoth']Just got back from TRU in Niles, OH. They wouldn't take the manufacturer's coupon because they said it was fake. The guy claimed he got an e-mail from Activision last week saying not to accept any coupons from them. Same deal at BB, no e-mails but they didn't have the coupon in the system. Got it PMd anyway but not before they complained that I didn't have the whole ad (just the front and back covers) and called to make sure TRU had them in stock. Is there anything good about living in NE Ohio?[/QUOTE]

Mine took the coupon tonight with no problems. This was Cherry Hill, NJ.

So if I go into BB, how cheap can I get it? I can price match to $50 and I have a $10 gift card but can I get it any cheaper?

I bought one in Mayfield Heights, OH yesterday, but the manager wouldn't let me use the $10 printed coupon from the internet. If I had gone earlier in the week, I might have been able to use the coupon, but the managers had a meeting yesterday morning, where it was discussed that these fake coupons were circulating. It does say on the coupon that it "May not be reproduced," but I guess some people just got lucky.

I just got mine used for $40 a few days before this sale. Good game, but I feel that the knob that you move left and right is a slightly loose (I woulda thought in the middle it would "stick" or "lock" more). Is that how they all are, or is mine maybe a little worn?

[quote name='darrenaero']I just got mine used for $40 a few days before this sale. Good game, but I feel that the knob that you move left and right is a slightly loose (I woulda thought in the middle it would "stick" or "lock" more). Is that how they all are, or is mine maybe a little worn?[/QUOTE]

Every single one i've used is loose.

I bought this a week ago for 39.99 shipped through daily deal. Gotta say this game is 110% better than i thought. On expert -----> good luck, you'll need it ;)

I had no issues with pricematching for this at BB last week. Was able to get the game for around $35 after using the scanned manufacturer's coupon that someone posted and my $5 rewards coupon on top of the price match. I just went up to the service desk and told them I wanted to do a price match, figured it would be a lot easier than doing it at the register... turns out I was right because they didn't even ask me any questions about it nor did they even call TRU to verify the sale price. Couldn't have gone any easier than it did!
As far as the game goes, it's definitely harder than rock band/guitar hero, but it's still fun. I wouldn't pay full price for it though, it's not good enough to justify paying more than $50 for IMO.

[quote name='strobe32']I had no issues with pricematching for this at BB last week. Was able to get the game for around $35 after using the scanned manufacturer's coupon that someone posted and my $5 rewards coupon on top of the price match. I just went up to the service desk and told them I wanted to do a price match, figured it would be a lot easier than doing it at the register... turns out I was right because they didn't even ask me any questions about it nor did they even call TRU to verify the sale price. Couldn't have gone any easier than it did!
As far as the game goes, it's definitely harder than rock band/guitar hero, but it's still fun. I wouldn't pay full price for it though, it's not good enough to justify paying more than $50 for IMO.[/QUOTE]

yeah the BB woman told me I could either price match or use the manufacturer's coupon. Considerng the manufacturer's coupon would more or less just knock off tax (in my opinion anything $6 and over is $10, because you can't buy shit for $4), I had absolutley no interest in doing that.

[quote name='Drclaw411']yeah the BB woman told me I could either price match or use the manufacturer's coupon. Considerng the manufacturer's coupon would more or less just knock off tax (in my opinion anything $6 and over is $10, because you can't buy shit for $4), I had absolutley no interest in doing that.[/QUOTE]

That's just ridiculous since the money is coming out of Activision's pockets and not Best Buy's...I had to explain that to the BB manager before they allowed me to stack the manufacturer's coupon with the price match.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']That's just ridiculous since the money is coming out of Activision's pockets and not Best Buy's...I had to explain that to the BB manager before they allowed me to stack the manufacturer's coupon with the price match.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I pointed that out and she told me "if you want to stack the coupon, try another best buy where the employee of the month doesn't pay attention to that sort of thing", whatever the hell that means. I then asked to see the manager. She said the manager wasn't in. Oh well, I wasn't planning on getting this game anyway because of the grotesque price tag, so it's not like im missing out on something I would have gotten in the first place had this sale never happened.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So is this deal dead? The TRU website now lists it as $100.[/QUOTE]

as advertised, good til the 18th...so, currently yes. Though, seeing how they've dropped the price on this so many times, expect another DJ hero sale for $49.99 or less again soon. Possibly at another store.

You guys playing standing or sitting? Also, maybe it's b/c I have short fingers, but I find it difficult to scratch with the blue button, can't get enough umpf...

[quote name='Import']You guys playing standing or sitting? Also, maybe it's b/c I have short fingers, but I find it difficult to scratch with the blue button, can't get enough umpf...[/QUOTE]

If you're playing with the Green button on the outside (ring finger), for right handers it's awkward to scratch the blue button (on the inside, index finger) imo. So I switched the button layout to mimic, Left Handed. Now the Green on the outside right and blue should be on the inside under your ring finger. I get more consistant blue scratches with that. I also play standing.

hope that helps.

Darn it. 2 days after I bought DJ Hero, TRU had to mail me a $10 off $50 coupon. Could have saved $5 more by using this coupon instead of the 5 off $25.

[quote name='Import']You guys playing standing or sitting? Also, maybe it's b/c I have short fingers, but I find it difficult to scratch with the blue button, can't get enough umpf...[/QUOTE]

I find that if you use your thumb at the rim of the turntable, scratching with the blue is not as bad.

wow, this game is just too much fun, and the soundtrack is the best I've heard in any rhythm game...gotta say, at first I wasn't expecting much from this game, pleasantly surprised.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']wow, this game is just too much fun, and the soundtrack is the best I've heard in any rhythm game...gotta say, at first I wasn't expecting much from this game, pleasantly surprised.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my opinion about the game as well. When I first heard about it, I thought it was stupid and was never gonna give it a chance. I'm glad this sale came about cause it's now in my top five PS3 games.

bread's done
Back