DJ Hero (Wii) $20 TRU, October 1-2

[quote name='adamical']Do I need the coupon?[/QUOTE]

I think not. Generally with "doorbuster" sales, you do not need a coupon.

DJ Hero's been dropping to ridiculously low prices over the last few months. I pledged to pick it up if it ever hit $20 (which seemed impossible for a previously $120 bundle to hit), but it's too late now. October's here and the drain on my wallet and time with Dead Rising 2, Enslaved, Rock Band 3, Kirby, Vanquish, Super Scribblenauts, and my moderate backlog is too much already. I wouldn't take this game if they tossed it at my feet.

i can't help but feel the Wii version isn't as good as 360/PS3 (like is the case w/ everything) so I'm pretty sure the HD versions will hit $20 at some point too. Hell, It was that at BB w/ the extra turntable for $40..

[quote name='token2k6']i can't help but feel the Wii version isn't as good as 360/PS3 (like is the case w/ everything) so I'm pretty sure the HD versions will hit $20 at some point too. Hell, It was that at BB w/ the extra turntable for $40..[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah HD graphics are needed for a music game. :roll:

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Oh yeah HD graphics are needed for a music game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well... how about HD sound then?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Oh yeah HD graphics are needed for a music game. :roll:[/QUOTE]

no need to roll your eyes at me! It's not about the HD graphics, these Wii music game ports are pretty bad. The only one i have is GH:WT. I couldn't stand to play it for more than 5 seconds, b/c yes it looked and sounded horrible, but also it lacks so many features that the other versions have.

Thats all I was saying. I mean, maybe this deal doesn't apply to me, but I didn't want everyone thinking 'OMG $20 must havezz' b/c it's for the Wii, the others will be $20 as well at some point soon..

What a great gift--and I had a $20 gift card from buying Reach the other day, so total with tax: $1.11!

Thanks, OP! :applause:

[quote name='token2k6']i can't help but feel the Wii version isn't as good as 360/PS3 (like is the case w/ everything) so I'm pretty sure the HD versions will hit $20 at some point too. Hell, It was that at BB w/ the extra turntable for $40..[/QUOTE]

TRU had the PS3 and 360 versions on sale for $19.99 a short while back. I just missed it... the guy in front of me bought the last one :(

Is it sad that I still have no interest in biting on this at ANY price? I'm just sick of rhythm games....I played dj hero and its alright but meh, the thing just takes up space

Thanks OP.

I went down around midday to get DJ hero and the shelves were empty. Asked the clerk if they had any more. He went in back and pulled out the last one. Oh Yeah:cool:!

So it looks like this is going to sell out just like the 360 & PS3 versions did, back when those versions hit $20.

Funny thing is that I didn't think they would disappear so quickly (at all really) since the stores always had much more inventory of the Wii version than they did the 360 & PS3 versions (almost double the amount). Plus, so many people dismiss anything Wii.

For anyone wondering how it compares to the 360 version, it stacks up pretty well. Only played thru two setlists, so spent about 15 minutes with it before I left for the evening. But what I've gone thru so far responds fine. No problems with lag or frame rates.

I also noticed that the slider switch works better on this controller than the one on my 360 controller. Its almost as if there is a spring in there helping to center it. I was pulling off the cross fader moves much more easily with this than I ever did on the 360 controller (I would always slide right past the center notch). I'm wondering if they got tweaked a little after the launch units.

Tomorrow I plan to spend more time with it and I also want to try swapping the turntables out between the 360 and Wii version. I curious to know if the platter is interchangeable between all versions.

ppl bought the 360 version because it has achievements. it's just another psychological incentive to buy one version over the other. in other news: that's is a sick price.

I went to pick this up about an hour after the sale started, and they were all out. The employee working there said they had 10 copies and some d-bag bought all 10 as soon as the sale started.

[quote name='tbrock182']I went to pick this up about an hour after the sale started, and they were all out. The employee working there said they had 10 copies and some d-bag bought all 10 as soon as the sale started.[/QUOTE]

how much you wanna bet he was an obese 40 year old who spends his days drooling over slickdeals

[quote name='100xp']ppl bought the 360 version because it has achievements. it's just another psychological incentive to buy one version over the other. in other news: that's is a sick price.[/QUOTE]

They could also not have a Wii. I missed out on the 360/PS3 $20 deal due to no funds and now this one because I don't own a Wii.

Now that I have the money, I hope the 360 version has another $20 sale.

You can get DJ Hero at Kmart now for $30 bucks for XBox 360, at least around here...I'm waiting til I see it on Craigslist for $10 before I get it...to hell with buying it new.

[quote name='tbrock182']I went to pick this up about an hour after the sale started, and they were all out. The employee working there said they had 10 copies and some d-bag bought all 10 as soon as the sale started.[/QUOTE]

It's funny but your comment reminded me of the fact that there's a game store near the TRU I went to (about 1/4 mile away). The owners of that store regularly go and buy game deals from TRU then sell them at MSRP in their store.

I've gone into their store since they still carry new, older titles. I was pretty surprised the first time I saw them walking out of TRU (each one of the owners and their employees) carrying their purchases.

The first time there, they were buying Wii systems (back when they were hard to find) so I figured they weren't allocated any by Ninty. But then I saw them in there again when Super Mario Galaxy was released and they were each getting the $25 GC for purchase

[quote name='Static']Well... how about HD sound then?[/QUOTE]

Umm, Dolby Digital is not considered "HD sound," it's compressed audio even though it's 5.1 each channel is lower quality than 5.1 in a theater. As far as I know on ALL Xbox 360 games Dolby Digital is the best quality audio setting you can turn on. The Xbox 360's audio capabilities are limited to compressed audio, it's not built for uncompressed audio, even with the HD DVD add-on playing a HD DVD movie with Dolby True HD it only put out a Dolby Digital or DTS signal (I forget which), so basically it's limited to DVD Video quality audio. The Playstation 3 is a different story, I don't play games on my PS3 but Blu-ray Disc movies on the PS3 can have uncompressed sound in three different ways: PCM, Dolby True HD, and DTS HD Master Audio. I don't know if any games have audio settings that you can turn on any of the three ways to get uncompressed sound, so if any PS3ers care enough to post they can say for sure if it's capable or not. So yeah I don't know if DJ Hero on the PS3 is made for "HD Sound," But the Wii and Xbox 360 are incapable of "HD Sound" for sure.

I ended up going in 30 minutes after the sale had started, they had only 2 left on the shelf. Guy said they only had 3 to begin with and one was reserved for someone who called in. I ended up just picking one up, left one for another person. Toys R Us worker was pretty sure that was all they were getting for the 'doorbuster' LOL. Only 3???

If anyone's still looking for a deal on DJ Hero, you can get it for 29.99 at Target. I was at a couple off stores and they had all versions available at this price

bread's done
Back