DJ Hero Wii Used $59.99 at GS

The closest store to have this on PS3 is in idaho for me sigh -_- Hopefully there will be someway to get this for around $70-80 at least on black friday.

[quote name='randu']Anyone find this for the Ps3 in the New Jersey area? I've found a couple used 360 copies but no ps3..will be willing to make a trade =][/QUOTE]

Where in NJ? I've been looking for a 360 copy

[quote name='YabMan']Where in NJ? I've been looking for a 360 copy[/QUOTE]

PM me if you live in the northern part of jersey (Bergen County, Hudson County area), I can't remember exactly the ones I called who had a 360 version but I would be happy to make a couple calls again to help out a fellow CAG.

i got a used ps3 renegade dj hero set. but im having trouble sync it with the ps3.

What I'm doing:
*i followed the instructions of turning on the ps3 and loading up the game.
*push the pshome button the turntable to turn on the controller and it flashes red.
*push and hold the connect button on the dongle
*push the pshome button again so that it flashes red quicker.

at this point, i suspect that the two are supposed to sync. but it never does. the turntable goes from blinking fast to slow again. Am I doing anything wrong? i got a new renegade edition and used it to sync. but i get the same results. is the dongle defective? turntable? both?

[quote name='enufs8d']i got a used ps3 renegade dj hero set. but im having trouble sync it with the ps3.

What I'm doing:
*i followed the instructions of turning on the ps3 and loading up the game.
*push the pshome button the turntable to turn on the controller and it flashes red.
*push and hold the connect button on the dongle
*push the pshome button again so that it flashes red quicker.

at this point, i suspect that the two are supposed to sync. but it never does. the turntable goes from blinking fast to slow again. Am I doing anything wrong? i got a new renegade edition and used it to sync. but i get the same results. is the dongle defective? turntable? both?[/QUOTE]

How much was that one used?

ALL my gamestops are saying that it's illegal to sell used games before 15 days of receiving it and it's too new to sell and blah blah blah

[quote name='JrHu92']ALL my gamestops are saying that it's illegal to sell used games before 15 days of receiving it and it's too new to sell and blah blah blah[/QUOTE]

Thats local laws and such. Sucks when I go to anther part of my state that has those in effect.

I picked up a 360 copy at the Gamestop in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I had a the cashier check and she told me that there was a store in Columbia that had a couple but didn't get which store it was.

I found one today. PS3. Opened it up in the car, found a Guitar Hero receiver. Went back in the store, was told I didn't need the receiver, since it's blutooth, and the receiver probably belonged to their manager. No instructions in box, so I figure they MIGHT be right.

Get home, turn it on, and rage at the fact I need a receiver. So now I've got to make the trip back up to the store to get the right receiver. -_-

I was just reading about how miserably DJ Hero is failing in sales numbers.

Don't be too disappointed if you can't find it on gamestop. It'll be $15 at Target soon.

Can this game be played coop? cause that's half the fun of games like Rock Band.

[quote name='confoosious']I was just reading about how miserably DJ Hero is failing in sales numbers.

Don't be too disappointed if you can't find it on gamestop. It'll be $15 at Target soon.

Can this game be played coop? cause that's half the fun of games like Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you read but it sold 100k+ copies in 3 days which is a decent amount of sales. November Sales number will determine its fate.

[quote name='luan87us']I don't know what you read but it sold 100k+ copies in 3 days which is a decent amount of sales. November Sales number will determine its fate.[/QUOTE]

Ignore the Brutal Legend part:

Released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Brutal Legend sold over 215,000 units, compared with DJ Hero's 122,300 units on the 360, PS3, Wii, and PlayStation 2. The DJ Hero total--which was below even pessimistic analysts' estimates--includes the $200 renegade edition, which comes with a combination turntable peripheral case and stand. The regular edition of the game--released two weeks after Brutal Legend--costs $120, with the PlayStation 2 version bearing a $100 price.

Even taking into account that it was released late late October, sales numbers were disappointing for DJ Hero.

It's possible that word of mouth will save DJ Hero but not many people are saying "you gotta get this game!"

[quote name='confoosious']
[/QUOTE]

$15 at Target? I might believe that if unemployment gets to 3% :lol:

[quote name='iowaholdem']Heh, that's a pretty funny deal.

There's very little chance that DJ Hero will catch on, in my opinion, so I'm planning on holding out for a serious clearance at about $40 new for the PS3/Wii. It'll happen eventually...

xD[/QUOTE]

$40? Maybe more like $60

[quote name='oasisboy']$15 at Target? I might believe that if unemployment gets to 3% :lol:[/QUOTE]

Hey, people were getting the dual guitar Guitar Hero bundle for $22.48 and less. You just gotta hope that Target overbought. I see a lot of them at Target and they take up a lot of space.

If this game is 120, at 75% off, it'd be 30. At 90% off, it'd be $12!

So, yes, it could happen.

[quote name='confoosious']Hey, people were getting the dual guitar Guitar Hero bundle for $22.48 and less. You just gotta hope that Target overbought. I see a lot of them at Target and they take up a lot of space.

So, yes, it could happen.[/QUOTE]

Of course, those clearances were after the next game came out... so you could be waiting a while on it.

Yeah, GH5, but some things clearance out quickly if it's a turd, especially large items. Target has absolutely no patience for games that don't sell well. Bad for them, good for us.

So you might be waiting until after Xmas for this game to clearance that's what we do, isn't it?

[quote name='confoosious']I was just reading about how miserably DJ Hero is failing in sales numbers.

Can this game be played coop? cause that's half the fun of games like Rock Band.[/QUOTE]

It can be played coop. But I dont think it will work as a party game like Rock Band if they ever try to develop it as such. DJ'ing just isn't a party activity unless its a bunch of DJ's.

The game is kinda casual but leans towards hardcore like beatmania when you get good at it....you will end up going for high scores instead of trying to play with friends. Scoring is competitive and for the most part very well done.

I love this game. Its definitely the biggest surprise of the year and most creative for me. $99 would have been a fair price point. Its a must buy at $80 and a 'you're an idiot if you don't buy this' at $60 or less :lol:

I would like to find a good BF deal on this game. Otherwise I'll just wait it out. I would definately get it at 60 or less. We'll have to see how this game does in the long run. I read online that another complaint is that the DLC is more expensive than RB or GH DLC due to licensing agreements with 2 artists or something like that. That could hurt it some in the long run if DLC price point is not right.

I picked this up for 74 bucks. Worth it. A blast and I'm putting the word of mouth out. Hopefully it does grow over time. All the complaints about the game have been by a) people who haven't played it and b) people who hate hip-hop. It is a more solitary experience than the other hero games though.

[quote name='HomieGFunk03']I picked this up for 74 bucks. Worth it. A blast and I'm putting the word of mouth out. Hopefully it does grow over time. All the complaints about the game have been by a) people who haven't played it and b) people who hate hip-hop. It is a more solitary experience than the other hero games though.[/QUOTE]

I paid about 80 for the renegade edition and it's great. I think people should hold out for 80 bucks for the regular or 120 for the renegade but it is a great game.

It was clearly under designed for future games but it's guaranteed there will at least be a few more DJ Heros at this point.

I doubt it will go below 60 until next fall but like the rest of the Hero games will eventually get clearances out at a super low price.

If you think you might like this game, though, you probably will and despite expensive DLC I think it has pretty great playability. Just plan to have a good table available if you want to play expert.

I really really want this game. I may go to GS and see if I can find it used, if not, meh...I may just drop the 120. I haven't spent a whole lot of money I've made over the semester and I'm (hopefully) going to get to work a ton when finals are over. May just be a little indulgence for me :)

[quote name='luan87us']Dang might try to find one around here. I'm wondering how people already get used one though because gamestop has a policy to withhold the traded in stuff for 10 or 14 days. Some kind of prevention against stolen goods.[/QUOTE]

We have that ordinance in my county and it is rarely enforced. I see copies of new games soon after release being sold at GS.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I really really want this game. I may go to GS and see if I can find it used, if not, meh...I may just drop the 120. I haven't spent a whole lot of money I've made over the semester and I'm (hopefully) going to get to work a ton when finals are over. May just be a little indulgence for me :)[/QUOTE]

Think carefully about that indulgence. The cost of 2 new games for a bundle that's already selling for 1/2 the MSRP...

i'll wait for the retail version of the 360/ps3 to drop down to $60. Give it time until Christmas is over, they will put these things on sale fast due to high inventory.

[quote name='ccohen322']Think carefully about that indulgence. The cost of 2 new games for a bundle that's already selling for 1/2 the MSRP...[/QUOTE]

that's true. I CAN get it for 109 shipped from amazon, but idk. I may just pick up the god of war collection this week.

Found one for 360 at my Gamestop. The guys that worked there didn't even know it was $60. They tried to sell it to me without the turntable until I showed them that the price sticker said "with turntable."

Anyone in the NJ area have luck finding the ps3 version? Like ive said before, I found a couple 360 versions but no dice with the ps3 =[

you guys are so spoiled! Many of us beatmania players had to pay at least $50 for the game and $80 for the controller. The official konami controllers were much worse than this one is :rofl:

I feel that DJ Hero is not that popular, so not many but few are purchasing the game / trading them in. Hopefully, when time comes, I can pick up a used one for 60. I called GS on a weekly basis, still no luck yet.

yeah all the ones that 'fell off the truck' have been bought up so its going to be harder to find now than a couple weeks ago. Easy to tell because the turntables had no signs of use.

Right now they don't seem to last more than 24hrs. I found one for a friend and one extra for myself but had to call at opening everyday. Good luck!

I found a copy for 360 but would prefer it for the PS3. Wish the website had a listing for this so it was easier to look for.

[quote name='Alcantara']hey ryosnk i think i know you, by the way I am 305[/QUOTE]

Oh great its the stalker. You get Dj hero?

Picked it up used out in Wood Village, OR today for the 360 for $53.99 (w/MVP).

Thing looks brand new, guy must of played it once.

Can someone change the topic to include all systems.. since it is the same price for all.

Anyone in the Baltimore, MD area find any used copies for the 360/PS3 version?

I'll try to head out to a few stores later this afternoon and check back if I find anything

Had to drive a lil but found a mint PS3 version today for $59.99 ($54 with edge).

Already have about an hour on it ... fun so far ... thanks Op!

PS..perhaps change the title to include other platforms?

I found 1 PS3 version within 20 miles of Baltimore, MD, and 1 360 version within 60 miles lol.

As much as I wanted the 360 version, I couldn't see myself driving the extra 40 miles for it.

$60 is definitely not bad...for this price I'll probably keep it.

hey for anyone that has picked one up either PS3 or 360, what is the 6 digit unique gamestop sku on the used product? That way it might be easier to find them. its usually under the title on the left on the yellow used sticker.

bread's done
Back