DJ Hero Wii Used $59.99 at GS

Got the only one at the Gamestop in Oceanside. I asked about 10 different gamestops, the 10th guy looked up in the computer to see which Gamestop had it and told me Oceanside had it. I called Oceanside to confirm and without even checking they said they didn't have it. Went there anyway and there was DJ Hero used.

So for anyone else looking for DJ Hero make sure the person you're calling actually looks if they have a used copy.

And the 6 digit sku is 952522.

[quote name='lolmister']Got the only one at the Gamestop in Oceanside. I asked about 10 different gamestops, the 10th guy looked up in the computer to see which Gamestop had it and told me Oceanside had it. I called Oceanside to confirm and without even checking they said they didn't have it. Went there anyway and there was DJ Hero used.

So for anyone else looking for DJ Hero make sure the person you're calling actually looks if they have a used copy.

And the 6 digit sku is 952522.[/QUOTE]

Either that employee was lazy and/or he knew they had it and was going to try and keep it for himself or a friend. That's why you don't call. I'd say you got lucky.

[quote name='kodave']Either that employee was lazy and/or he knew they had it and was going to try and keep it for himself or a friend. That's why you don't call. I'd say you got lucky.[/QUOTE]

The employee was lazy. If he was holding it then the game would have never been sold.

I get the 'that game is too new for it to be used' response all the time. They are genuinely surprised when i politely ask them to go ahead and check the computer.

Finally found one for the 360 in the Cleveland area at the Garfield Heights store. If anyone else is in the area and still looking, they supposedly have a copy at the Aurora store as well. A small trek from Cleveland proper, but not too awful far.

Got one for 360 in Maryland (can't remember where). Had to call around and drive 45 minutes, but it was so worth it. There was one at the GS right next to my house but someone had put it on hold like an hour before I called :(

I almost regret getting mine when I did. Anyone who has gotten it in the past few days should seriously consider going in during the B2G1 for a return/rebuy.

I called one Gamestop to check inventory and they found one about 15 miles away from me. I then called that location to confirm it and the associate put me on hold infinity.

[quote name='guessed']I almost regret getting mine when I did. Anyone who has gotten it in the past few days should seriously consider going in during the B2G1 for a return/rebuy.[/QUOTE]

wow, good call.

got one tonight.
i went into that gs last monday and asked about it. they said nope, they don't even take it in bc they don't take the turntable. i asked if they'd check the computer, and it if was there to check nearest stock. the girl was nice, and did, and then said, "wow, i was totally wrong." the nearest one was a while away so i said thanks, and left.

went to the same gs today on a whim, same girl was working, and i strolled over to the used 360 section, and there a copy was. pristine.
i'll have to check some other games i might want now, to do a return and rebuy. glad my edge card doesn't expire til jan.

[quote name='koji126']My friend who works at GS said they had one, but the manager is keeping it for himself. Bleh...[/QUOTE]

I called one gamestop yesterday to ask if they had a used copy of DJ hero..the employee gave the the "no im sorry its too new excuse." I politely asked him if he could check inventory for any in the area..he quickly replied that the store was too busy at the moment and to check at another store. This was obviously bull as I knew the store I was calling typically has NO customers in it, not even during big sales/holidays due to its horrible location. I decided to drop by earlier today since it was on the way while running some errands. The moment I walked in, what do you think caught my eye on the shelf in front of the glass behind the counter? Yes, it was a ps3 DJ hero box with the recognizable used sticker on the top right corner with the price of 59.99 on it. I asked the guy at the counter if he had a copy and gave me the same line in the same exact words.."no im sorry its too new excuse." I pointed out that there was a copy of it right behind him. He then put it under the counter and said it was not a for sale copy as it was a demo to be used in the store....the store didnt even have a Ps3 demo station. I then told him that I clearly saw the used sticker on it. He started to cover himself by trying to sell me the story that even if it was a used copy he would not be able to sell it because the game was "too new." At that point I felt it would be not be worth my time and energy to get into a heated argument over a stupid video game, told him that it was absolute bs and walked out.

[quote name='randu']I called one gamestop yesterday to ask if they had a used copy of DJ hero..the employee gave the the "no im sorry its too new excuse." I politely asked him if he could check inventory for any in the area..he quickly replied that the store was too busy at the moment and to check at another store. This was obviously bull as I knew the store I was calling typically has NO customers in it, not even during big sales/holidays due to its horrible location. I decided to drop by earlier today since it was on the way while running some errands. The moment I walked in, what do you think caught my eye on the shelf in front of the glass behind the counter? Yes, it was a ps3 DJ hero box with the recognizable used sticker on the top right corner with the price of 59.99 on it. I asked the guy at the counter if he had a copy and gave me the same line in the same exact words.."no im sorry its too new excuse." I pointed out that there was a copy of it right behind him. He then put it under the counter and said it was not a for sale copy as it was a demo to be used in the store....the store didnt even have a Ps3 demo station. I then told him that I clearly saw the used sticker on it. He started to cover himself by trying to sell me the story that even if it was a used copy he would not be able to sell it because the game was "too new." At that point I felt it would be not be worth my time and energy to get into a heated argument over a stupid video game, told him that it was absolute bs and walked out.[/QUOTE]

Go back and ask for the District Manager's number.
Period. Call his BS don't even bother with asking for the Store Manager.
Get that copy!
Great game for a great price!

[quote name='randu']I called one gamestop yesterday to ask if they had a used copy of DJ hero..the employee gave the the "no im sorry its too new excuse." I politely asked him if he could check inventory for any in the area..he quickly replied that the store was too busy at the moment and to check at another store. This was obviously bull as I knew the store I was calling typically has NO customers in it, not even during big sales/holidays due to its horrible location. I decided to drop by earlier today since it was on the way while running some errands. The moment I walked in, what do you think caught my eye on the shelf in front of the glass behind the counter? Yes, it was a ps3 DJ hero box with the recognizable used sticker on the top right corner with the price of 59.99 on it. I asked the guy at the counter if he had a copy and gave me the same line in the same exact words.."no im sorry its too new excuse." I pointed out that there was a copy of it right behind him. He then put it under the counter and said it was not a for sale copy as it was a demo to be used in the store....the store didnt even have a Ps3 demo station. I then told him that I clearly saw the used sticker on it. He started to cover himself by trying to sell me the story that even if it was a used copy he would not be able to sell it because the game was "too new." At that point I felt it would be not be worth my time and energy to get into a heated argument over a stupid video game, told him that it was absolute bs and walked out.[/QUOTE]

Call this # which is GameStop's customer service and let them know what happened: (800) 883-8895

Had a good experience finding it yesterday. Went to my local Gamestop and asked them if they had any used DJ Hero in stock on any system. He said no, but they had one earlier and he could check the computer if any GameStop close by had one. They had one in Rosemead which was ten miles away, but 20 min by freeway. He called them up to have them put it on hold. He was telling them I was one of their top customers despite the fact I'm only there like, once a week and don't spend that much. I managed to just beat a guy in Burbank looking for it.

Also, the West Covina Mall GameStop had Tonk Hawk RIDE for $59.99 used, but I wouldn't touch that one.

Looks like GameStops new motto is "No more damn plastic instuments!!" I gotta ask though, who the hell would trade in their copies of the game they paid $120 for next to nothing?

My friend who works at Gamestop just got one traded in today and gave me a call. I went down there and he was able to use his manager's discount and I got a copy of The Orange Box and DJ Hero (both 360) for $65 out the door.

Awesome deal

i can't any around southern california because the employees buy them as soon as they get them. the store managers even told me its impossible for me to get one anytime soon because of the employee buying.

[quote name='enufs8d']i can't any around southern california because the employees buy them as soon as they get them. the store managers even told me its impossible for me to get one anytime soon because of the employee buying.[/QUOTE] So true I tried so much around here I am sick of trying around here always nothing even though says in stock a lot time they don't even want check.

We found one, but quickly returned it. To me, the hype surpassed any fun the game could produce :/

However, to add to this thread, people around the bay area are turning them in more frequently. This past week, at least two stores had a copy at the beginning of the day.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']We found one, but quickly returned it. To me, the hype surpassed any fun the game could produce :/

However, to add to this thread, people around the bay area are turning them in more frequently. This past week, at least two stores had a copy at the beginning of the day.[/QUOTE]

Please do tell! I am looking for a PS3 version.

[quote name='koji126']Please do tell! I am looking for a PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

The one I returned was an Xbox Version. Just call the stores at 10A.M each morning, and they will tell you who has what.

Went into my local store, across the street from where I work, and where I was part-time a few winters ago. They didn't have any used, but mentioned how they had the new ones for $20 off, except Renegade. I'm interested in a Renegade, and probably screwed up not picking it up for $140 during the Amazon sale. But still would have a hard time justifying that much $$$.

Think I'll check Craigslist and Ebay. See what kinda prices those yield.

[quote name='Veronica Mars']We found one, but quickly returned it. To me, the hype surpassed any fun the game could produce :/

However, to add to this thread, people around the bay area are turning them in more frequently. This past week, at least two stores had a copy at the beginning of the day.[/QUOTE]

Where in Bay Area?

I'm in SJ

[quote name='merkman']Went into my local store, across the street from where I work, and where I was part-time a few winters ago. They didn't have any used, but mentioned how they had the new ones for $20 off, except Renegade. I'm interested in a Renegade, and probably screwed up not picking it up for $140 during the Amazon sale. But still would have a hard time justifying that much $$$.

Think I'll check Craigslist and Ebay. See what kinda prices those yield.[/QUOTE]

The new price for the Regular version was 99.99.

I found a PS3 used at a store 20 miles away, drove out there and discovered it was a renegade with the whole case and legs!

No JayZ cd, but I could really care less. It's in excellent condition.

Totally worth the hassle of looking and the drive.

[quote name='Japakneez']The employee was lazy. If he was holding it then the game would have never been sold.

I get the 'that game is too new for it to be used' response all the time. They are genuinely surprised when i politely ask them to go ahead and check the computer.[/QUOTE]
You (as well as kodave) are correct.

Went to a local GS
Had them check the inventory for any used version.
Found 3 locations that had them
Called all 3 locations and was told no
Went to 1 location and low and behold, it was there.

Another thing, they had to pull it from the back, so if you didn't ask, you would have had no idea the used version was there.

Got a PS3 version for free through My Coke Rewards. My wife played it once and didn't think it was that great, so I sold it on Amazon. It's OK, but not as fun as the Guitar Hero / Rock Band games IMHO. I'm sure you'll be able to find this game pretty cheap in the next few months.

I can't find any Dj Hero's around the Daly City area in CA. Though someone on craigslist is selling a 360 one for $65, but I don't trust it b/c if the turntable is broken I am s.o.l.

bread's done
Back