DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 PSP standard and LE(limited quantities for both)

rust in peace

CAGiversary!
As we did with DJ MAX FEVER, bemanistyle and PM Studios are teaming up to make thier upcoming title DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 available in a collectors package made especially for the most dedicated fans. Limited to under 1000 pieces, this collectors set will include DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 for PSP on UMD in a premium box with a selection of exclusive merchandise only made available in this set. Unlike the DJ MAX FEVER -CREW EDITION- sets, we're making shipping available to other english territories, base solely on the demand we faced from the previous sets in other regions.
The special edition package isn't the only way we'll be making the game available. A very limited quantity of UMD Only copies of the game are being made, with preorders on the UMD only game available exclusively here and on Amazon.com. The title will appear in extremely limited quantities at other retailers, but rest assured the physical copy will be difficult to find with Sony's PlayStation Network being the primary distribution channel for the title in the US.
Don't wait on ordering your copy of this game, quantities are limited in both instances!!
Both sets are slated to be released on October 14th, 2010 and will be shipped directly from PM Studios.

http://www.bemanistyle.com/djmp3/

Standard is 40 (also available at Amazon) http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Max-Portab..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1284072347&sr=8-1
LE is 110 only available at http://www.bemanistyle.com/djmp3/

Details for the LE
DJ MAX PORTABLE 3 -LIMITED EDITION- Includes:
  • DJMAX PORTABLE 3 UMD
  • Altenate Coversheet
  • Special Art Book
  • DJMAX PORTABLE 3 SOUNDTRACK
  • Deluxe Packaging
  • Contest Voucher
Limited to under 1000 pieces!
Each Limited Edition set will include a voucher for inclusion in a contest being held by PM. The prize breakdown is as such:

• Grand Prize (5):
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA Championship IC Card (only 30 made)
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA PLATINUM CREW IC Card (only 30 made)
    • DJ MAX TECHNIKA Panda Card (Limited Edition)
    • DJMAX PORTABLE -BLACK SQUARE- Limited Edition
    • DJMAX TRILOGY Limited Edition
    • DJMAX FEVER UMD
    • DJMAX Metro Project bundle package (BLACK SQUARE + CLAZZIQUAI UMD)
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA Limited Edition Soundtrack
    • DJMAX TECHNIKA 2 Limited Edition Soundtrack
  • 1st Tier (300): Free PSN Download of DJMAX Fever
  • 2nd Tier (100): Free PSN Download of Strikers 1945 PLUS
  • 3rd Tier (20): DJMAX TECHNIKA Championship IC Card
  • 4th Tier (20): DJMAX TECHNIKA PLATINUM CREW IC Card
  • 5th Tier (50): DJMAX TECHNIKA IC Card (Random Design)
More details on this contest, including the drawing date, will be announced on the homepage in the future.

I usually don't post deals but thought some people might like this. I know this is CAG but I figures to post it since their are so few copies. I preordered a LE and hope some others grab these before flippers do.

whoo! got mine today!!

23uugle.jpg

bfrwp.jpg

2r6dyqd.jpg

but it appears that it didnt come with a raffle voucher...

or maybe I jus straight up lost the contest??

[quote name='JEKKI']whoo! got mine today!!

but it appears that it didnt come with a raffle voucher...

or maybe I jus straight up lost the contest??[/QUOTE]
Grats,it looks so awesome. The voucher is suppose to be outside the box, should double shipped box.

[quote name='paean']Packaging/LE is very nice but not worth $70 premium over the standard edition (IMHO).[/QUOTE]

$70 premium for extras, packaging and the limited availability. It's worth it for some people. I'm one of those people :bouncy:

I'll likely end up getting the standard. I must say though I wonder, since a lot of DJ Max music is done by former Ez2DJ programmers, why they don't just pay Amuseworld and then create a set of Ez2DJ home versions.
There are too many good songs from Ez2DJ that have not been brought home: "Southwest Cadillac", "We Luv Music", "The Rhythm", "Exist", "Stay", etc. I would definitely pay for it without hesitation.
Ez2DJ provided neo-80's/90's Rap and some good House that's lacking in DJ Max Portable and Beatmania, especially the former.

[quote name='fatdragondzc']Grats,it looks so awesome. The voucher is suppose to be outside the box, should double shipped box.[/QUOTE]I looked all over man... cant find it o_O

[quote name='JEKKI']I looked all over man... cant find it o_O[/QUOTE]

Should definitely call them, but they'll probably send you a losing ticket on purpose XD.

[quote name='JEKKI']I looked all over man... cant find it o_O[/QUOTE]

Seems like someone at the Bemanistyle forums also didn't get their ticket, either. I had hoped it was an isolated incident, but perhaps not. My LE should arrive tomorrow, so I'll chime in either way.

Damn, that LE looks sexy. The price is pretty hard to swallow though. (Then again, any IIDX LE normally cost at least twice that much.)

d'oh, finally got it open. Not too thrilled with the condition of it, the box is pretty scuffed, and the book inside is a bit bashed up.

No sign of a raffle ticket, either...

According to various posts at Bemanistyle, they changed the deal and you only got a ticket with your prize printed on it if you won. If you didn't win, you didn't even get a ticket. It also looks like damage to the box was pretty common, but people are having trouble getting replacements as they are supposedly sold out now. In other misrepresentation news, the regular UMD version does not appear to be Amazon exclusive anymore. I saw it at two independent game stores in Los Angeles yesterday (Game Dude being one) and it is showing up on a distributors list I just received. Not to say they increased the print run, but maybe Amazon didn't move enough units and they felt the need to break exclusivity.

I just received my LE also, I also didn't get a ticket, so guess I didn't win either, bummer. Looks like someone poked a hole through my priority box though, what's up with that? Anyways, luckily, my LE was packaged in a bubble mailer too, so the packaging and its contents didn't get messed up. As a collector, that is my main concern. I was ultra PO'd yesterday when I received my Castlevania LE order from Amazon and it came crushed and opened, ruined my day.

im surprised no1 here has gotten a prize... Statistically 50% of you should have gotten something... There looked to be about 500 prizes in that list. Pretty damn improbable that not a single person here hasn't gotten a prize. I hope someone here gets a grand prize tho =). That'd be awesome. If you do, take pictures of the loot!

[quote name='sykotek']I just received my LE also, I also didn't get a ticket, so guess I didn't win either, bummer. Looks like someone poked a hole through my priority box though, what's up with that? Anyways, luckily, my LE was packaged in a bubble mailer too, so the packaging and its contents didn't get messed up. As a collector, that is my main concern. I was ultra PO'd yesterday when I received my Castlevania LE order from Amazon and it came crushed and opened, ruined my day.[/QUOTE]

Amazon on numerous occasions have damaged LE's i've bought from them. I usually request a replacement in that case. Second time around they ship in much better packaging.

[quote name='Darknuke']im surprised no1 here has gotten a prize... Statistically 50% of you should have gotten something... There looked to be about 500 prizes in that list. Pretty damn improbable that not a single person here hasn't gotten a prize. I hope someone here gets a grand prize tho =). That'd be awesome. If you do, take pictures of the loot!

Amazon on numerous occasions have damaged LE's i've bought from them. I usually request a replacement in that case. Second time around they ship in much better packaging.[/QUOTE]

You're lucky, I have a string of items that I returned twice to Amazon with even worse damage from shipping the second time. They don't take into account damage in their packaging decisions the second time around, so you got really lucky. As they won't replace it a third time and just do a refund, I usually end up having to get it locally or from GS.

As for the stats, you're right. Other than a couple people saying they had won downloads of the first game, I haven't found any posts from people who allegedly won any big prizes. Maybe they just don't post. I don't know.

[quote name='sykotek']I was ultra PO'd yesterday when I received my Castlevania LE order from Amazon and it came crushed and opened, ruined my day.[/QUOTE]
They shipped my Castlevania LE in a bubble mailer. Then the replacement came in a bubble mailer again. I fucking hate the Seattle distribution center.

[quote name='quatrevav35']Just got mine in today, luckily it wasn't damaged. I did manage to have a prize ticket in mine, was for a copy of DJ Max Fever on PSN.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine also won that game.

Just got mine almost a couple of hours ago. No ticket, but the LE is in perfect shape as well as the contents.

Cosmically, however, I must have done something wrong to upset the DJ Max gods: It seems that I left my PSP in the car last night... the car my wife drove to work (I'm home today).

Argh! :D

[quote name='quatrevav35']Just got mine in today, luckily it wasn't damaged. I did manage to have a prize ticket in mine, was for a copy of DJ Max Fever on PSN.[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I would have had mine yesterday, but USPS wouldn't deliver it because there was insufficient postage and I had to drive down to the post office to pay the balance before they would give it to me. Given the price of the thing, you'd think they wouldn't need to cut corners on the shipping.

bah i ended up biting on the limited edition... out of stock my ass. My order went through. I hate my inner collector sometimes... COME ON GRAND PRIZE!

What the hell? Out of everybody who posted here that bout the LE, only ONE of you won something? That's absurd.

The whole "raffle" thing is probably a ruse to get people to buy the LE. If there even is a Grand Prize, how will you know somebody has won it?

[quote name='Anemos']What the hell? Out of everybody who posted here that bout the LE, only ONE of you won something? That's absurd.

The whole "raffle" thing is probably a ruse to get people to buy the LE. If there even is a Grand Prize, how will you know somebody has won it?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of negative discussion about the whole thing on the Bemanistyle forums. Everything from the fact that they underpaid postage and people are having to drive to the post office to pay the extra 55 cents to retrieve their game to the poor packaging and damage to the fact that pre-orders were supposed to be cut off and ended but it appears that orders are still being taken meaning this is a lot less limited than people expected. People are also unhappy with how small everything is when compared to previous DJ Max Portable collector's editions and the general quality of the box and contents is getting pretty mediocre reviews. Overall, it looks like a pretty safe pass.

[quote name='bojay1997']There's a lot of negative discussion about the whole thing on the Bemanistyle forums. Everything from the fact that they underpaid postage and people are having to drive to the post office to pay the extra 55 cents to retrieve their game to the poor packaging and damage to the fact that pre-orders were supposed to be cut off and ended but it appears that orders are still being taken meaning this is a lot less limited than people expected. People are also unhappy with how small everything is when compared to previous DJ Max Portable collector's editions and the general quality of the box and contents is getting pretty mediocre reviews. Overall, it looks like a pretty safe pass.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's MY negative discussion on the Bemainistyle forums you're talking about :lol:

I posted my "less than impressed" comments and reasons on their forums and got jumped on pretty hard by some big-time DJ Max fanboys that wouldn't tolerate any sort of negative comments about the game or the company behind it.

Sounds like one of the forum moderators is trying to fix some of the problems. He SAID that anyone trying to purchase would be told they were out of stock if they actually tried to pay with Paypal, but that appears to not be working as expected yet since someone here just completed their purchase so I'm a bit skeptical.

Until I came across this thread I did not know there is a game company more greedy than the pricks at NIS/rosenqueen. CAG, don't let these bastards rip you off like that, demand a partial refund since you did not get all that was promised! These greedy company will never learn until you beat it out of them!

I am not a big fan of DJMP, I've only played a demo and it kicked my ass off the psp... so I never even looked twice at the LE of fever, but now that Fever is selling for $10 at GS, I might just give it another go.

[quote name='Anemos']What the hell? Out of everybody who posted here that bout the LE, only ONE of you won something? That's absurd.

The whole "raffle" thing is probably a ruse to get people to buy the LE. If there even is a Grand Prize, how will you know somebody has won it?[/QUOTE]

I think we've got 3 winners so far...all for the PSN version of DJ Max Fever (which makes sense since that was the most common prize...300 of 495 prizes).

But the lack of information regarding how they awarded the prizes is disturbing. I think their intention was probably good, but the way they did things may come back to haunt them because they definitely described it one way (everyone would get a certificate and some would be winners) but implemented in another way (some people got extra stuff in their box and others didn't) without any openness to how the winners were selected. Normally I wouldn't care that much, but given the $70 premium over the normal version and the low value of the "extras", I think the lottery was one of the big reasons to pay the extra $$$ (it was definitely a factor for me, though not the only reason).

I don't think it is anything nefarious over there....just a small company with a niche product and limited resources that made some mistakes even though they had some good intentions. Kind of like the WKRP Turkey Drop:
http://www.in.com/videos/watchvideo-happy-thanksgiving-wkrp-turkey-drop-2125525.html

[quote name='Asgardian'] but now that Fever is selling for $10 at GS, I might just give it another go.[/QUOTE]

That's the biggest irony for me since I just picked up Fever at GS for $10 and then "won" the PSN version of Fever with my DJMAX P3 LE. :roll:

I just opened mine up it's pretty cool, I still feel $110 was a little steep but there's only 1000 made so I can't complain.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']That's the biggest irony for me since I just picked up Fever at GS for $10 and then "won" the PSN version of Fever with my DJMAX P3 LE. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, PSN Fever is slightly less buggy than the UMD version.

[quote name='n1c0']Well, PSN Fever is slightly less buggy than the UMD version.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping that was the case. Do you know if there is any way to update the UMD version via downloadable patch?

[quote name='DarkonJohn']I was hoping that was the case. Do you know if there is any way to update the UMD version via downloadable patch?[/QUOTE]

Not that I know of. The UMD version is by no means unplayable, a lot of localization mistakes and some missing tracks, but still playable.

The PSN version seemed to have fixed most of that and reduced to load time by 30%.

Just depends on if you want to carry around a disk and leave some room on your memory stick or vice versa.

PM/Pentavision has always had a bit of trouble transporting their LEs- not to mention that the games themselves- with the possible exception of Clazziquai Edition (Season 2 patch)- are slightly flawed in one way or another.

The Quattra LE's for Black Square suffered from tears on the folds of the black box.

Same thing happened with The Crew LE's for Fever.

Some have talked about rips in the boxes of their P2 Orpheus LE.

If you bought the P3 LE in hopes of getting a monetary return-investment, you're being outright foolish.

Me personally, I bought the LE because I realized that, more than anything, I enjoy the DJ Max series in light of its flaws and bugs. I want to support Pentavision and PM Studios for continuing to bring an enjoyable music series to my PSP, in hopes that in future iterations we can expect a greater, more polished product.

Will P3 be better than the combined force of CE/BS? Probably not, as I consider them the pinnacle of the series (when used with the Season 2/BS Link Disc Patch). But only time will tell.

Either way, whether I win the lottery or not, or whether there's a slight tear in my box, I feel that my money- this being the cheapest of the 4 LE's in the DJ Max series- is well spent.

The rest of you can bugger off.

the LE is sold out on their site now. i ordered one earlier today. gonna see if they cancel my order or not.

I just brought Fever, played a lvl 1 song no problem, lvl 2 okay, then played "Ray of Light"... man what kind of crack do you have to be on to play that?! I was just mashing the buttons and shit just kept flying down on me... the sad thing is it still think I did a 150 combo?!

Reminds of playing Burnout Legend on a street course in a Formula 1.

[quote name='DarkonJohn']But the lack of information regarding how they awarded the prizes is disturbing. I think their intention was probably good, but the way they did things may come back to haunt them because they definitely described it one way (everyone would get a certificate and some would be winners) but implemented in another way (some people got extra stuff in their box and others didn't) without any openness to how the winners were selected. Normally I wouldn't care that much, but given the $70 premium over the normal version and the low value of the "extras", I think the lottery was one of the big reasons to pay the extra $$$ (it was definitely a factor for me, though not the only reason).[/QUOTE]

I have almost all of the limited edition DJ Max PSP sets out there already in my collection, I was an early adopter and I also have both PM Studio digital releases on the PSP. If I ended up winning anything, that would've been awesome because I never win at anything, but realistically, I would've ended up giving any prizes I got away to friends, so all in all it really wouldn'tve mattered to me...

...although truthfully, I was kinda looking forward to receiving that note that would've been included with my purchase confirming that I was a loser. =)

[quote name='Asgardian']I just brought Fever, played a lvl 1 song no problem, lvl 2 okay, then played "Ray of Light"... man what kind of crack do you have to be on to play that?! I was just mashing the buttons and shit just kept flying down on me... the sad thing is it still think I did a 150 combo?!

Reminds of playing Burnout Legend on a street course in a Formula 1.[/QUOTE]

That 150 combo is probably due to autocorrect. Basically as long as you hit a button with the correct timing it still counts as a hit even if it isn't the correct button. Yes, it's stupid. Yes, it's removed in DJMP3

My copy of DJ Max Limited shipped today, so they def had more copies to those of you who were told otherwise for replacements. Though the order page is down now. No more LE copies.

got mine today but no voucher.:wall: those who got any voucher is so lucky.:bow: i'm satisfied though since there isn't any signs of damages from rough shipping like the stories i read about from others' shipping. is it me or did everyone that bought the SBE receive 2 box cover?:whistle2:k (first print & regular)

Last edited by a moderator:
DJ Max Portable 3 ,DJ Max Portable 3 Cwcheat ,DJ Max Portable 3 Download

DJ Max Portable 3 (Korean: 3) is an upcoming music game for the PlayStation Portable published and developed by Pentavision in South Korea, and is a sequel to the earlier DJ Max Portable game series.[1][2][3] DJ Max Portable 3 was announced shortly after DJ Max Technika 2: Crew Race was announced. Soon after, the official trailers from PM Studios and Pentavision was launched. The trailers had only 1 difference: Whiteblue being a replacement for one song (though this is merely a cosmetic change to the trailer made by PM Studios)[4]. It is the seventh installment of the game for the PlayStation Portable, and regarded as the actual sequel to DJMAX Portable 2 since Clazziquai and Black Square branched out for the METRO Project in 2008, Fever for the North American release and the Technika series globally.:)

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Interested in purchasing a PSN version of DJMAX Fever via paypal, let me know if you are selling one :D[/QUOTE]
... :whistle2:|

[quote name='s4kuy4']is it me or did everyone that bought the SBE receive 2 box cover?:whistle2:k (first print & regular)[/QUOTE]
Everyone who bought a physical copy of the game, SBE or not, should have gotten both cover inserts.

bread's done
Back