DJ Max Portable: Black Square $15 Play-Asia

Justme8800

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Almost as if to crown the excellent various DJ Max deals we've gotten over the last couple weeks.

You get entered into their New Year's Raffle for a 3DS, too.

FYI, this is the most difficult game in the series. Do not make this the first DJ Max game you play. If you like DJ Max and are up for a challenge, though, don't miss this.

PS, standard shipping is $4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. I've been trying to play DJMP3 and sucking a lot, haven't been able to get more than a "C" on a level 3 song yet! I looked at some of the level 5 songs in DJMP3, and they seem pretty silly in difficulty.

I brought CE from play-asia (haven't got it yet) and I always hear that BS is the best one in the series...

I want to know, is it actully fun difficult or is it ridiculous difficult? If I suck at DJMP3, will I ever be able to enjoy BS?

Well, I guess part of it depends on the songs, are the songs nice (the best) in BS?

EDIT: Thanks OP, wonderful deal indeed!

I've never head anyone say BS is the best. :) I guess everyone loves something different about them all.

IMHO, Clazziquai Edition is the best in the series, and a great starting point. The music is by far the strongest in the series, I love the club touring campaign mode, the shoulder button addition is awesome, and if you're a DJ Max veteran, you can download the season 2 patch for harder patterns. It's such a great way to get into the series and stay there.

Black Square is OK, but the music is not as polished and it has an auto-correct feature. Despite that, it is still difficult. Also has the club-style campaign mode.

Thanks for the heads up. I just got the Clazziquai edition from their sale a couple weeks ago, so now I'll be able to link up.

Ah, if only I had waited, I would have saved about $15. Still got a good deal, but this is a great deal, especially if you got the previous great deal on CE a couple of weeks ago.

I did notice that CE is now "out of print/out of stock", though they are still selling the bundle for $45 or so which also isn't a bad deal if you don't already have CE.

I am breeeeezing through DJMP3. Outside of the higher steps, it's cake walk in comparison to DJMF.

I got Claz on the cheap, but still waiting on it to arrive. Now this is on the way too. DJ Max is the best reason to own a PSP, IMO.

If they continue the series on the NGP, I'll be buying one. I love these games.

It is generally the hardest DJMP game in the series, but don't let that deter you. Besides, you can unlock a ton of stuff by using Link Disc with the Clazziquai UMD (and a few things if you also have the original DJMP1 (original or International versions) and DJMP2.

Deal ends in like 5 hours, go go go!

Edit: nm, guess they're extending the sale for another few days. Awesome!

I'm starting to really get into this series. What are some of your favorites in the series? And is the Hot Tunes release any good? I'm kind of hoping that's on sale next.

While I'm not absolutely sure, but it sounds like Hot Tunes' essentially just the Japanese release of Fever.

Awesome deal, ordered. Now I have Clazziqual, Black Square, Fever, and DJMP3. Three left.

Should be fun. I doubt I get DMJP 1 or 2 unless they become the same price. I haven't paid $40 for a PSP game since VC2. 4 DJ Max games should give me plenty of variety.

[quote name='n1c0']While I'm not absolutely sure, but it sounds like Hot Tunes' essentially just the Japanese release of Fever.

Awesome deal, ordered. Now I have Clazziqual, Black Square, Fever, and DJMP3. Three left.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat.

Funny thing is I'm pretty bad at these games, but every once in a while I get in a groove and do "not too bad" on a song, and that's enough to keep me coming back for more.

Wow, a week ago I was pretty hopeless at DJMP3. Then I started praticing with FreeStyle, repeatedly playing the songs I suck at...

Now, I can get B's for level 3, even a level 6 song, and I got up to playing and passing (C) a level 8 song!

Seeing my progress and starting to really enjoy the game, I just brought BS, luckly it is still on sale!!

Thanks OP!!

I'm still on the fence on this. I mean the deal is great however, I have not played any DJP games before and it has been years since I played another dj music game, Beatmania IIDX.

What do you guys think?

[quote name='Cephiros']I'm still on the fence on this. I mean the deal is great however, I have not played any DJP games before and it has been years since I played another dj music game, Beatmania IIDX.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

Buy it. It's a GREAT deal at this price, and if you hate it you can probably recover what you spent by selling it on eBay.

Oh wow, thats a great deal. Thanks OP, I dont really know why I didnt pick up this game when it first came out, probably the price point, forgot about it, and now I see it again for a great price.

bread's done
Back