Dlink Wireless

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I have a DI-624 Xtreme G Wireless Router with a computer and my Xbox hooked up wirelessly. My Xbox is using the Microsoft Xbox Adapter and It works great! Never have problems with it. Due to the ghettoness of my old computer I have a DWL-G120 USB adapter for my computer. My problem is it always drop connection, especially when I use lots of bandwith. For example I can't stay connected for a day straight ever. Sometimes I can only stay connected a for few min. My old adapter started just turning off for no reason and I called Dlink and got a new adapter. Thenew one is also losing connection all the time. It shows a strong signal and all though. When ever it drops signal it usually won't reconnect and I have to restart my computer. The part that troubles me is when I hook up my wireless xbox adapter to my computer I can keep a steady connection for well over a week!!! Why does my USB Adapter keep craping out on me? both my router and adapter are on up to date firmware. I am gonna call Dlink again this weekend and try to get some more help. Thanks

Talked to Dlink and they pretty much said yea ur adapter sucks. They helped me change some settings etc and they said it might work better now. I think it is really kinda sad they admit the adapter sucks and they have been having problems with these adapters and shitty reception. The guy was really nice so I kept cool and calm and I am gonna see if this works, if not I am gonna give Dlink a nice nasty call trying to get another model of adapter. I will let you know how it goes.

[quote name='unctennis122']Have your mom call them. That will get you something definately.[/QUOTE]
Ha I would have her call and bitch them out since she is VERY good at that but she would have no fucking clue what the hell she is talking about. She would be like wireless internet, what is that?? lol. Well that shit didn't help and I am gonna call them up right now and start the bitchin. Not sure how much trouble it is worth since it is a cheap part now but might as well try.

Edit: called them and was striaght to the point and effect while staying calm. My case as been "escalated to a supervisor" and I will recieve a call by monday about this. I request they replace it with a different model. I will see how this turns out.

bread's done
Back