DMC 3 SE Question

airwavexiii

CAGiversary!
Thinking of picking this up by the weekend. Never had the time to play DMC 3 but heard it was great. Is the save system in SE like it was in the first one with the yellow orbs or did they change it??

[quote name='airwavexiii']Thinking of picking this up by the weekend. Never had the time to play DMC 3 but heard it was great. Is the save system in SE like it was in the first one with the yellow orbs or did they change it??[/QUOTE]

They changed it. It works with checkpoints, and special orbs where you can rez anyplace you like if you can have them in your inventory. Should make the game somewhat easier.

I would check the gamespot review on it, it has a pretty good description of everything new.

[quote name='jalu6']They changed it. It works with checkpoints, and special orbs where you can rez anyplace you like if you can have them in your inventory. Should make the game somewhat easier.

I would check the gamespot review on it, it has a pretty good description of everything new.[/QUOTE]

Yup, what he said..and get this game immediately if you havent even played it on its first go around. One of the best games this gen.

Damn is Capcom lazy. The cover art is the same shit expect for the lame SE on it. Then the booklet is the same as the DMC 3 booklet. All they did was add a stupid little paper saying what's new.

Lame.

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Damn is Capcom lazy. The cover art is the same shit expect for the lame SE on it. Then the booklet is the same as the DMC 3 booklet. All they did was add a stupid little paper saying what's new.

Lame.[/QUOTE]
So would you rather they redid the manual and the cover art and charged $30 or would rather have them cut corners (as they did) to sell it for $20?

[quote name='Radioactive_Man']Damn is Capcom lazy. The cover art is the same shit expect for the lame SE on it. Then the booklet is the same as the DMC 3 booklet. All they did was add a stupid little paper saying what's new.

Lame.[/QUOTE]

So?

[quote name='guardian_owl']So would you rather they redid the manual and the cover art and charged $30 or would rather have them cut corners (as they did) to sell it for $20?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

is the Devil May Cry trilogy worth getting into... I've never bothered with it.. I play a demo of the first one but i heard the second one sucked so bad i didn't bother...

[quote name='DJSteel']is the Devil May Cry trilogy worth getting into... I've never bothered with it.. I play a demo of the first one but i heard the second one sucked so bad i didn't bother...[/QUOTE]

yes, definitely. you may want to play 1 first-- it'll feel old and slow after playing 3 (just forget 2 exists)

[quote name='Apossum']yes, definitely. you may want to play 1 first-- it'll feel old and slow after playing 3 (just forget 2 exists)[/QUOTE]

Isn't 3 a prequel to the first one, story-wise?

[quote name='mmn']Isn't 3 a prequel to the first one, story-wise?[/QUOTE]

Part 3 takes place before part 1

(The story order so far is: DMC3 > DMC > DMC 2. I don't know where part 4 fits in)

I believe he was suggesting to play part 1 first because the gameplay in part 3 is alot faster, so by playing part three first, part one wouldn't be as enjoyable.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Part 3 takes place before part 1

(The story order so far is: DMC3 > DMC > DMC 2. I don't know where part 4 fits in)

I believe he was suggesting to play part 1 first because the gameplay in part 3 is alot faster, so by playing part three first, part one wouldn't be as enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

yep, it really doesn't matter what order you play them in, story wise, but 1 will feel archaic after playing 3.

I've played the 3rd but not the first DMC. I was wondering, what happens to Vergil after DMC3? I'm kinda interested in the story but I haven't been able to find DMC1 anywhere around here.

bread's done
Back