Do discounted digital games make you happy?

manalive

CAG Veteran
I read a report on IGN that was confirmed by Sony that digital Vita games will be discounted. Did your enthusiasm for the system increase now that it's been made that much more economy-friendly??

Last edited by a moderator:
I was intending to buy my games digitally anyway, so any discount is good. Looks like it's going to be 10% discount based on some pictures of items at best buy. Looks like we will be able to buy digital download codes at retail stores, so perhaps there could be further discounting of these codes at retail. My enthusiasm hasn't increased, I'm all pre-ordered and ready to go.

No. I always prefer physical copies for games when available, although I have bought plenty of digital copies of games. Given the choice between physical or digital versions of the same game, I will always buy the physical copy, even if it costs more.

Having said that, there are some games I bought in both formats for PSP, to have them readily available on my memory stick for quick loading (like Metal Slug Anthology). There are other games I bought digitally because that was the only way to get them (like Hydro Thunder Hurricane).

It doesn't matter to me unless the discount is a pretty good one, which it won't be. I'm only going to buy a digital game if I know that it's definitely a game that I'll love and want to keep for the duration of the Vita's life span. Otherwise I'd much rather pay the extra four or five bucks and get a physical copy that I can sell or trade in later.

Plus the Vita game cartridges are small. It's not like the UMD's which were pretty sizable. It would be easy to figure out a safe way to carry a handful of the games around.

I have, and forever will, buy physical copies whenever possible. However I am still glad to hear this. My biggest gripe with digital distribution was that no savings were ever being passed on to the consumer. If a company is going to save money by not having a physical product, don't blindly think I'm going to get that digital version just so you can pocket the extra dough when it's the same price.

This is a step in the right direction for the industry as a whole. Digitally distributed versions should ALWAYS cost less than their retail counterparts. Anything less is an outright insult to consumers and people are idiots for having allowed them to get away with it.

No. I still prefer physical copies. The difference in discount has to be more than 10% if Sony wants me to buy the digital copy. I'll probably be a late adopter of the Vita just like the PSP when I was more focused on PS2 games back then.

Yea I'm kind of happy about it and if you think about it you are most likely to be able to play digital copies on the next generation consoles

bread's done
Back