Do I annoy any of my fellow CAGS? BE HONEST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been noticing more and more snippy responses to some posts I've made lately, so I'm just curious if I'm merely tolerated by many here and how many of you just generally think I'm a know it all ass who knows nothing.

BE HONEST, since I definitely don't mean to come across as a know it all.

LOL I don't actually think very highly of myself as it is, but I know I have come across as a smart ass, argumentative and a jerk at times. I just wanted to see who, if anyone, actually disliked me(or how I come across) enough to comment on it.

I'll say since I pay way too much attention to anyone with an avatar (Seriously, like if you change your avatar a lot or if you don't have one, I'll have NO fucking clue who these people are and where they came from.) some of your posts come off sounding like a jackass. I don't remember which but im guessing it involved hoarding or flipping as those I tend to get angrier with. Nothing personal, you wanted someone to speak up so you felt special.

Happy you got some attention now?

Seriously, I'm not LOOKING for attention, I just simply wanted to know who(if anyone) was actually annoyed/pissed off by some of my posts, since I'm actually trying(not hard enough I guess) to reduce the level of 'jackass' vibe that comes from my posts.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']LOL I don't actually think very highly of myself as it is, but I know I have come across as a smart ass, argumentative and a jerk at times. [/quote]

You just described about 99% of everyone on the internet.

True, but I also want to avoid conflict whenever possible, which is why I wanna know who actually thinks I'm a MAJOR jerk on here. I've been toning my responses a bunch lately, since there have been at least a half dozen instances in the last week alone where I typed up a huge pissy response to someone calling me a know it all or whatever, then I went back and edited out 95% of it.

The reason I'm doing this thread is because then I know who to avoid, so I can avoid having the exchanges in the first place. Does that only make sense to me?

schoolgirl_uniform.jpg

This cannot end well

LOL Unforeseen, I doubt that, since I think the last time I watched any sports on tv was when Janet Jackson had her 'oops' moment during the Super Bowl. Oh and Zoglog, I know the people who have responded to me snidely as of late will come in and say I'm a pompous ass eventually, so yeah I feel it won't end well either.

But, I'm just curious still, since I know I've run across many lately.

sounds like someones a little self conscious of there internet identity. but in all seriousness the laker's do suck and the Celtics are taking home the championship.

[quote name='wtfmate']sounds like someones a little self conscious of there internet identity. but in all seriousness the laker's do suck and the Celtics are taking home the championship.[/quote]

I am kind of, but not really. I mean, I know I've given my 'opinion' when it probably wasn't needed and annoyed more than a few. The only reason I really posted this is because I know there have been quite a few times when someone has taken a jab at me on here lately that I've been tempted to just fire back with an all out insultfest.

But, because of the new crackdown on people by the mods, I walk on eggshells and edit and re-edit my return posts to those people. I'd just like to know who dislikes me on here, so I can put them on ignore, so I won't be tempted to respond with some stupid shit and get banned because of it.

[quote name='Zoglog']
schoolgirl_uniform.jpg

This cannot end well[/quote]

I saw a few of these guys while in Tokyo a couple weeks ago, it was a little strange.

youre joking right?dude youre posting on a site about videogames so well what the fuck do you care what videogame dorks and geeks think about you ? and yeah i count myelf in that category . theres always assholes on any website who like to attack others to feel superior just ignore their bullshit and enjoy the other decent people here.

[quote name='Fuzi0n']I saw a few of these guys while in Tokyo a couple weeks ago, it was a little strange.[/QUOTE]

Every Sunday in Akihabara, they come out in droves :)

But honestly, for some reason I have less disdain for them than the men w/ purses......... fack

Honestly? There was a time in the reduced guide thread where it seemed like every post you made was telling a story about some guides you found (past guides, not current-at-the-time guides). It got real old, real fast. I had you on my ignore list for quite a while. I started reading some of your posts a little while back and you seemed to have cut down on that (some). I don't usually see your posts outside of that thread so that's the only one I can comment on. Like I said, though, you seem to be doing better.

[quote name='lokizz']youre joking right?dude youre posting on a site about videogames so well what the fuck do you care what videogame dorks and geeks think about you ? and yeah i count myelf in that category . theres always assholes on any website who like to attack others to feel superior just ignore their bullshit and enjoy the other decent people here.[/quote]

I've definitely tried, but I tend to be a reactionary person who has to 'get the last word', so sometimes I may start a back and forth exchange and before long it's taken up 2 pages. :roll:

[quote name='neocisco']Honestly? There was a time in the reduced guide thread where it seemed like every post you made was telling a story about some guides you found (past guides, not current-at-the-time guides). It got real old, real fast. I had you on my ignore list for quite a while. I started reading some of your posts a little while back and you seemed to have cut down on that (some). I don't usually see your posts outside of that thread so that's the only one I can comment on. Like I said, though, you seem to be doing better.[/quote]

Good to know that I've improved somewhat then, but I do tend to repeat myself at times still. About the only thing I find myself doing is just shaking my head at all of the people trying to jew down Craiglisters from $200-300 for their games/systems to $50 or under. But that's mainly because I had that happen ALOT to me and I found it insulting, like I'm sure the people being haggled down(I still think it's lowballing) consider it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back