Do I have a defective Guitar Hero?

MrDubbs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
Okay, Im' new to the whole GH scene, so I'm not 100% sure how to play. However, I think i understand by reading the book.

However, the game isn't let me play any of the notes on the screen. I'm hitting the buttons, and they press on the screen, but I don't get any points for them.

Also, I've tried using the bars, etc and will get notes once in a while, but the game always fails at 21-22%..

maybe I'm doing it wrong, but any help is appreciated

What system/controller are you using?

Perform the tutorial to learn how to play (and find out if you aren't playing correctly).

Try the calibration function in the Options to correct on-screen lag.

[quote name='MrDubbs'] I'm hitting the buttons, and they press on the screen, but I don't get any points for them.

[/quote]

dumb question, but are you holding the buttons and strumming the bar as the notes pass by? Try taking the in game tutorial, it helps a lot when first starting out. Also, calibrate your game...go to options, calibrate and follow the instructions.

It's for the PS3,

the buttons are hitting when the corresponding colored circle gets there, but not playing or gaining points. I move the bar up and down, and sometimes it will score, it's like the bar is broken or something

[quote name='scsg75']dumb question, but are you holding the buttons and strumming the bar as the notes pass by? Try taking the in game tutorial, it helps a lot when first starting out. Also, calibrate your game...go to options, calibrate and follow the instructions.[/quote]

I'll go try it some more, but yes I've been trying to strum the bar, and it doesnt' seem to be working properly

are you hitting the black button ? (sorry don't know the name of it)
http://www.comnetslash.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/guitar-hero.jpg

Easy one to See would be on the Wii one, the Big black button closest to the Wii Controller.
You need to hit that Up or down when hitting the notes unlike on the regular controller.
If you are hitting it then most likely got a bad controller.

Also I think this is in the wrong part of the forum. Maybe in one of the System forums because this is for deals discussion

[quote name='Animeguy']are you hitting the black button ? (sorry don't know the name of it)
http://www.comnetslash.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/guitar-hero.jpg

Easy one to See would be on the Wii one, the Big black button closest to the Wii Controller.
You need to hit that Up or down when hitting the notes unlike on the regular controller.
If you are hitting it then most likely got a bad controller.

Also I think this is in the wrong part of the forum. Maybe in one of the System forums because this is for deals discussion[/quote]

yeah, I wasn't sure where to put it, because it wasn't specifically ment to be about a system, I just figured they were all the same..

I think I have a defective controller, because it'll hit sometimes, and other times it wont'

I know that, as an earlier poster mentioned, you have to calibrate the controller for LCD screens. but if you dont get it calibrated right it makes it even more off.

bread's done
Back