Do I have no taste or is NFS Carbon kinda fun?

anotherjeff

CAGiversary!
So I bought NFS Carbon for the Wii and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't really played that many racing games for the Wii besides excite truck but I'm really digging the various control schemes. I considered picking it up for xbox but decided to splurge on this port, pretty happy about it too.

I kinda like it, even though I haven't played it very much at all since I bought it...I can't get used to using the wiimote as a steering wheel though so i use the joystick which pretty much makes it just like a ps2 racing game.

Yes you have no taste. Now if you'd like, we can tell you what your opinion should be rather then just enjoying games that you like.

Don't worry about if others think you're lame or not. Just say something like, "hey I just bought Need for Speed Carbon and even though the reviews weren't too hot for the game, I'm having a blast with it. Anyone else pick this up?"

I liked it for a while but these "challenge random gang members" games are too generic for me. I really couldn't tell you the difference between this, NFS underground, SRS, Midnight Club, or any other campy racing contest games. Leave it to EA to water down another game genre.

It's hard to want to pay $50 for a Wii game when you can get the identical game on the PS2 for less. I had a lot more fun with Excite Truck.

My friend really liked it. I'd give it a shot if I could get it cheap. Don't be shy, if you like it then good for you. You don't have to try to fit in with the "popular crowd" :D

I've been off-and-on playing NFS: MW on the 360. They're not the deepest, most compelling games on earth but they can be fun :)

NFS:MW is worth it for the police chases...

Then again, worth it is here defined at $10, a not to difficult sale price to nab NFS:MW (PS2 at least) for.

EDIT: And, please, there's no shame in liking NFS racing. I'll never understand liking it, but I can see quality there. Gamers (On the internets, at least) are too prone to snubbing tie-ins and "mainstream" stuff (And thus ignoring the occasional gem and a good amount of quality fluff)while salivating vigorously over the fancypants Okamis and Killer7s and Odin Spheres of the world.

[quote name='AmigoOne']I'll tell you whats fun with no taste, DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2.[/quote]

DBZ 2 rules.

Don't worry dude. I got NFS:Carbon as a gift and found it to be pretty goddamn fun. You get used to steering with the remote, you just have to learn to not let your dominant hand do all of the steering or you're going to be oversteering in one direction and understeering in the other. Also, don't underestimate the use of the Oversteer button - I found that many of the times I was using the handbrake to hit those sharp turns, I could actually have been using the Oversteer button and I would have avoided losing speed on the turn.

Enjoy the game, and make your cars flashy!

I love Need For Speed Most Wanted. The GameCube graphics were not the best as there were tons of blurry textures everywhere. I found it last week for PC and I am replaying the game. Tons of fun! The cop chases never get old.

I am a little scared about getting Carbon. Most Wanted set the bar high for NFS games and I feel that Carbon may be too similar to the average Underground series.

I read the review for Carbon on the Wii one day cos I think it was an Amazon DOTD. They said is was almost exactly the same as the Cube version, only there was some slowdown not present on the GC version. So the Cube verson was fine, and in porting it to the more powerfil Wii, they created slowdown? Unacceptable. If I want to play Carbon, I'll pick up the $12 Gamecube version.

As long as we're having a Wii confessional session, I got FarCry a few weeks ago and I'm having great fun with it. It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

[quote name='bmulligan']As long as we're having a Wii confessional session, I got FarCry a few weeks ago and I'm having great fun with it. It's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.[/quote]

That's the ONE game I can truly say I hated on the Wii. Everything else I have played has at least been average. Far Cry I just couldn't do.

[quote name='AmigoOne']I'll tell you whats fun with no taste, DBZ budokai tenkaichi 2.[/QUOTE]
Yep, I could care less about other opinions of what I play, if I have fun its worth it for me, I still play the Zeldas, MGSs, and all that, but a different game that might not be very good but really fun is worth playing imo.

Have a nice day.

bread's done
Back