Do I need a new screen

zeeden

CAG Veteran
My top DS Screen has blue lines go across the bottom. Will a new LCD fix the problem?

Thanks

6cwy0y9.jpg

...Pogo Island?

Isn't that the logo of Pogo, the online card games/board games/whatever website?

They made a DS game?

Is it the screen though? I just want to confirm, just in case Nintendo does not replace it I can buy a screen and fix it myself.

I read on the Nintendo's website that they don't cover this type of problem.

[quote name='yukine']Resize your pictures!

It's still under warranty, just call Nintendo have them repair/replace it.[/quote]

1)Does it do this for all of the DS games you play or just Pogo Island?
2) Does it do this for all of the GBA games you play?

If you answer yes to both questions then I would assume that it is your screen

Yes. It does this for every game.

I actually bought it off some guy used. He never mentioned it to me when I asked if there was wrong with it. :bomb:

Luckily I can get a replacement screen on ebay for about $20-25.

Thanks

See if you can register the DS on Nintendo's website, it might not be registered yet. Then see if you can get it repaired for free. I've heard of this problem even happening with DS Lites right out of the box so maybe you can say it was like that when you bought it.

Nintendo will take care of this problem, they have fixed DS Lite's with one or two dead pixels for jebus sake.

It's still under warranty, there's no reason to buy a screen off eBay and try and replace it yourself. You'll probably end up breaking something else in the process.

Um, no. Just do what I said and see if you can register the DS on Nintendo's website. You do that and then set up a repair (you can call them too). You can also request a free shipping label there so you don't have to pay for everything.

Just got off the phone with Nintendo. They said that the problem was caused by physical damage and is not covered by warranty.

Do I have to remove the bottom portion of the DS to remove the top LCD screen?

Are you serious? Call back and put a little bit more pressure on them.

It makes no sense that I can get my DS Lite repaired, 6 months after I bought it for stuck pixels. While your Lite is totally fucked, and they won't do anything about it.

Don't worry. I'm going to pay a visit to the walk-in repair center on the weekend and demand they fix it. I'll tell them I received it like that.

I just want to know how to gut it just in case they refuse to fix it for me.

So I take it you're gonna ignore my advice and not do what I said? And as I said before, a few people actually had that problem right out of the box, so it may be a defect.

bread's done
Back