Do I need a reciept for a 360 to send to microsoft?

allout1986

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Basically, I found a core 360 that won't read games at all, but powers up to the dash and all. The manufacture date on it is 2006-08-10 so it is within the year warranty for sure, but do they still require a reciept for it if I was to call it in. I tried on the customer service line but I don't feel like holding for an hour to have them answer one question.

Basically, if I don't need it, I can have a 360 for $80-$100 depending on what the pawn shop says. I inspected it and it hasn't been opened either, so thats a big plus. Wouldn't mind getting a cheap 360 for my brother for when Halo 3 comes out.

I think it depends on if someone else had already registered it or not. With mine, I didn't need a receipt, but I bought it new and registered it to myself.
I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one and call. Find out if it had been registered.

[quote name='sp00ge']I think it depends on if someone else had already registered it or not. With mine, I didn't need a receipt, but I bought it new and registered it to myself.
I think you're gonna have to bite the bullet on this one and call. Find out if it had been registered.[/quote]

Well, I'm on hold about it now. Good thing I wrote the serial number down while I was there so hopefully I can get an answer from the rep. Anybody else with input, let me know you're experience with something like this.

Their website says yes but many people say no. Your best bet is to take down the serial number and call MS about it.

Technically a warranty only applies to the original owner so I don't know if that'd be a factor in this.

When I claimed that my "out of warranty" 360 was actually in warranty (which it wasn't :p), they DID want a receipt.

However, once it was extended to a year, no receipt was mentioned at all.

Well, I called them, made sure it was in warranty for my "friend" and its all good. I'll be sending it out next week in it's coffin and I'll have a working system for about $96. Not too bad. Only wish it wasn't a core, but hell, for that price you can't go wrong. I've got a memory card already for my brother to start off and they're throwing in a 1 month live card to go with the console as well :bouncy: They actually said I was in warranty until the 2nd of October, but thats about to get renewed with this repair. Overall a good deal IMO. Thanks for the replys.

I have a question....

I got my premium 360 from ebay about a year ago. Let's say it died today. Would they still cover my 360 for repairs? Also...should I register it asap?

bread's done
Back