Do not discuss leaked content

CaseyRyback

Staff member
Feedback
131 (100%)
I have dumped a thread twice that dealt with this. Per the CAG community, you guys explicitly stated you did not want people to talk about things before they come out legally.

Thanks

If this is about what I think it is and if what I think it is, is done how I hope it is it could be a good making of.

I don't have a problem with modding threads that cover illegal ways to procure content, but if this is about what I suspect it's about, then there is genuine news value to the story.

Did either thread provide information on how to find said illegal content?

[quote name='jd302426']Is this about the movie with that certain Xmen character getting leaked?[/quote]

That's what I'm wondering too. I didn't see anything in that thread that discussed any way to obtain the content, etc. It was a discussion about a users opinion on the matter.

It's about time CAG expanded it's ban on pre-release discussions from more than just video games.

:applause:

I hope music leaks get hit next.

[quote name='Quillion']I don't have a problem with modding threads that cover illegal ways to procure content, but if this is about what I suspect it's about, then there is genuine news value to the story.

Did either thread provide information on how to find said illegal content?[/quote]

I could post a thread every time a game leaks on the internet, but I don't think that is valid news.

There is no valid news related to this thread. It is about as newsworthy as someone posting everytime a screener leaks whenever Oscar time rolls around.

I agree with Casey on this one. Games/Movies/albums gets leaked Daily, and it's never anything that is good enough to get Cag talking about illegal content. Illegal and CAG do not mix (dont' start with that "abusing the system" crap saying that it does). Plenty of other sites out there to discuss leaked material.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I could post a thread every time a game leaks on the internet, but I don't think that is valid news.

There is no valid news related to this thread. It is about as newsworthy as someone posting everytime a screener leaks whenever Oscar time rolls around.[/quote]
I respectfully disagree. How often do screener leaks jump start FBI investigations?

I fully expect that they'll be able to find the culprit due to watermarking/forensic marking. Why shouldn't we be able to read and discuss the prosecution here?

[quote name='sendme']If this is about what I think it is and if what I think it is, is done how I hope it is it could be a good making of.[/QUOTE]

What in the flying fuck did you just say?

[quote name='Quillion']I respectfully disagree. How often do screener leaks jump start FBI investigations?

I fully expect that they'll be able to find the culprit due to watermarking/forensic marking. Why shouldn't we be able to read and discuss the prosecution here?[/quote]

The uploaders of Australia, Benjamin Button, and others would like to say :wave:

[quote name='Brak']...

What in the flying fuck did you just say?[/QUOTE]

Sorry little sleep and just got off of work at the time. What I was trying to say is that if what the leaked content is what I thought it was, and I'm thinking it is, then I was hoping the leaked content would be the early stages of post production. However it was not. Atleast what I read made me thing it was in early post production and that is what I wanted when it was maybe about half way. Hell I would love to see this on the BD with little to know CG or anything. That way people could see how it is made before all the stuff is added. I know that is what a making of is but I think everything before the CG is added would be somewhat better. Maybe add comentary from the effects team. I hope this post does not get deleted and I'm not trying to pramote this or say where to get it but this movie is well worth seeing I think and am now wanting to see it more then before. Mostly just to see how it call came to geather and like I said a work print would be great for a dvd extra with comentary from some of the crews talking about how the stuff was done.

[quote name='manthing']It's about time CAG expanded it's ban on pre-release discussions from more than just video games.

:applause:

I hope music leaks get hit next.[/QUOTE]

I hope they just ban all non-cagcast discussion...that seems to be the direction the site is moving it.

I know some girls who laugh so hard they pee themselves a little aka lizzing (thank you 30 Rock). Is that leaked content which can be discussed?

[quote name='homeland']The uploaders of Australia, Benjamin Button, and others would like to say :wave:[/QUOTE]

I'd count those as malware outbreaks.

Just my 3 cents on this.....

I can understand locking threads/deleting posts/etc that contain links to said leaked content. But as long as a thread is properly labeled with SPOILER in the topic and/or has any spoilers properly tagged then there should be no issue in discussing the content along with the news surrounding it. Especially since this is a pretty big leak.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Just my 3 cents on this.....

I can understand locking threads/deleting posts/etc that contain links to said leaked content. But as long as a thread is properly labeled with SPOILER in the topic and/or has any spoilers properly tagged then there should be no issue in discussing the content along with the news surrounding it. Especially since this is a pretty big leak.[/QUOTE]

How's that podcast working out for ya?

Well us trek nerds can talk about the new movie because it's already been completed and shown in Texas the other day :p so we are exempted :p

[quote name='Quillion']I respectfully disagree. How often do screener leaks jump start FBI investigations?

I fully expect that they'll be able to find the culprit due to watermarking/forensic marking. Why shouldn't we be able to read and discuss the prosecution here?[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen any of the discussions warranting locking, but the criminal response to this most recent and rather large leak is interesting from a policy standpoint. Reactions to, and treatment of, potential pirates is fascinating, IMO. Whether it's RIAA prosecuting Napster users, movie studios selling dvds in China to underprice bootleggers/pirates, or the FBI going after a film leaker, the policy response is worthy of discussion. I'd hope that talk about the reaction to the leak would be allowed, if not the content of the leaked media itself.

But if the rules are to be that strictly enforced, then shit. Cuz we voted dumb, then.

I like the rule personally. A lot of the pirates do it partly just so they can "discuss" it on forums--essentially to show off and brag about seeing stuff before other people. And that shit gets annoying fast.

But I think talking about reaction to a leak is fine, just don't allow people to discuss the leaked movie the saw or whatever.

Entertainment Weekly wrote an article about it out today, not to mention all the discussion it's received on cable news. If it's being discussed in mediums as mainstream as these surely it can be discussed on CAG. There shouldn't be restrictions on discussing the situation/incident, just on obtaining said leaked subject.

i dont see any problem with people talking about it, as long as they arent telling people how to receive said goods then there should be no problems. People know there will be spoilers most likely and most CAGs have enough common sense to hide spoilers.

So we can't talk about a leaked movie but the OTT can discuss their pirated/leaked games all they want because a mod or 2 is involved? That's a load of shit.

Cry some more, asshole.

If you actually bothered to do a little research, you would find that discussing pirated/leaked games in the OTT isn't allowed, and punishment is given out if it gets out of hand.

Of course you wouldn't know that, because you are a bandwagon hater who decided to read one page of a thread that probably goes through 100 pages a week, so that you could pass down self righteous judgment.

[quote name='darthbudge']Cry some more, asshole.

If you actually bothered to do a little research, you would find that discussing pirated/leaked games in the OTT isn't allowed, and punishment is given out if it gets out of hand.

Of course you wouldn't know that, because you are a bandwagon hater who decided to read one page of a thread that probably goes through 100 pages a week, so that you could pass down self righteous judgment.[/QUOTE]

who talks about :cool: in the OTT?

It's not like they discuss M!rv!l Ultimat! All!ance 2 at all or H_L! OD!T at all.

I am one to agree with the hypocrisy. Movie leaks, etc get shutdown yet the OTT is littered with talk on pirated games and continues another day. Either shut them both down or allow it all.

[quote name='Galego23']who talks about :cool: in the OTT?

It's not like they discuss M!rv!l Ultimat! All!ance 2 at all or H_L! OD!T at all.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lordopus99']I am one to agree with the hypocrisy. Movie leaks, etc get shutdown yet the OTT is littered with talk on pirated games and continues another day. Either shut them both down or allow it all.[/QUOTE]

Let's answer this with a word from that wonderful troupe:

[quote name='Mojimbo']Those who disagree should have spoken up when they had the chance:
[/QUOTE]

Don't worry though. They are like the bad guy in Lethal Weapon 2, and have diplomatic immunity.

5175.jpg

Somebody asked in the 360 forum, if playing games early would get you banned.

Well Myke decided to call out the OTT for it, and now all the bandwagon haters are in here to complain, because they wish they could be playing games early, but are far too ignorant to actually do it.

[quote name='darthbudge']Somebody asked in the 360 forum, if playing games early would get you banned.

Well Myke decided to call out the OTT for it, and now all the bandwagon haters are in here to complain, because they wish they could be playing games early, but are far too ignorant to actually do it.[/QUOTE]...Or because its illegal and not everybody that plays video games is as broke as us pirates.

Oh, come on kids. All the OTT folks win the day: the thread where I called you out got deleted, Casey asked you all to keep the piracy discussion to "a minimum," the other mods who frequented the OTT continued to look the other way. Now we can continue to pretend that piracy discussions don't happen here? Aren't I right?

What more do you all want?

I don't know how we can expect a fair application of the rules when the most active moderator in the OTT, LinkinPrime, pirates 360 games.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I don't know how we can expect a fair application of the rules when the most active moderator in the OTT, LinkinPrime, pirates 360 games.[/QUOTE]

It's cool, we've figured out the rules.

1) It's ok to talk about pirated games or comment on aspects of pirated games.

2) It's NOT ok to talk about the fact that they do, in fact, pirate games. I'd have a link here, but the thread was deleted by moderator LinkinPrime.

bread's done
Back