Do NOT make the Ref mad!!!!

Wow, South America has 8 times the number of murders that US does? Or so the article says. o_O guess you shouldn't fuck with the South Africa coaches.

[quote name='epobirs']I wonder how many heart attacks resulted among fans shocked at the occurrance of something exciting at a soccor match?[/quote]

ha you mean like the england-portugal Euro 2004 match?

the entire game was exciting

Damn... people used to shout 'Kill the umpire!' at baseball games, but I guess when your ref is packing a .45, you tend to let the call on the field stand...

What the hell is the deal with soccer. I mean seriously between the riot, stampede, and now the ref's shooting people... and people say football is dangerous and violent.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']What the hell is the deal with soccer. I mean seriously between the riot, stampede, and now the ref's shooting people... and people say football is dangerous and violent.[/quote]

...only when a play is challenged in the NFL, overturning the call on the field doesn't result in a slug to the temple...

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Wow, South America has 8 times the number of murders that US does? Or so the article says. o_O guess you shouldn't shaq-fu with the South Africa coaches.[/quote]

8 times??? I could've sworn the US was #1 when it came to the number of murder's, just another thing Moore lied about, I suppose.

Never4Ever, I keep looking at your sig over and over.....did that actually happen? That is kind of funny, reminds me of Eurotrip!

I heard about that. Soccer is crazy man. People in south america, europe and i guess south africa take the sport waaaay to seriously.....btw what ref keeps a gun on him!??!?!

If they get this pissed at soccer refs imagine how we feel towards NBA officiating ? NBA refs would need to start packing heat too.

According to the article:
"South Africa has one of the world's highest murder rates with an alarming 47.4 murders per 100,000 people, or eight times the figure for the United States."
Which means, of course, that SA has the higher percentage rate of murders, but since the US has a far greater population, the US still has the highest total number of murders per year.
We're not as aggressive about it, there's just more of us to kill.

[quote name='Specter']Never4Ever, I keep looking at your sig over and over.....did that actually happen? That is kind of funny, reminds me of Eurotrip![/quote]

Yes that actually happened, that's that idiot John "Bradshaw" Layfield, who got laid-off by CNN for that stunt.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Wow, South America has 8 times the number of murders that US does? Or so the article says. o_O guess you shouldn't shaq-fu with the South Africa coaches.[/quote]

8 times??? I could've sworn the US was #1 when it came to the number of murder's, just another thing Moore lied about, I suppose.[/quote]

Moore doesn't necessarily lie, he just distorts words to make it appear as if he's saying something else. He loves to use terms like "perhaps" or "is it possible" to avoid actually coming out and making a statement directly, it keeps him from being able to be sued.

bread's done
Back