DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM NEWEGG

preciseman

CAGiversary!
On 11/18/2014, I ordered 3 LG 21" monitors for a grand total of $329.97. All three of them were dead on arrival (No picture at all via HDMI, no matter what the source was or what the cable was). Decided to return for a refund. Newegg receives and processes the refund with an approval (I received the confirmation of RMA approval and invoice for refund a week later) and waited for 3-5 business days for the refund to show back into my account. 

However, on the last business day, I still didn't see the refund on my original method of payment. I message THREE customer service agents from Newegg and they all say the same thing: the process is done on our side (refund has been issued) and that it must be a issue with Discover, my credit card that I used for the payment.

So I call discover and they say that they have NOT seen a refund in the amount from Newegg yet. 

Without any options, I issued a chargeback because I have ALL the corresponding documents via email that Newegg sent me saying that the return was approved in the full amount. 

Now, I get punished by being "Banned" from newegg because I issued that chargeback. Worst of all, ALL further accounts created by me (with the same credit card, or billing address), will be automatically closed as well. 

This is just a fair warning, Newegg seems like they do NOT want to refund the money. They want you to ship the defective item back, and not pay you back for it.

Thank god for Discover being on my side, or else I would be out $330 AND the items. 

DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING from Newegg. Their CS is absolute trash, and this experience will make me NEVER want to purchase anything from them ever again.

Here's a picture of the RMA status http://imgur.com/rDSeVLK

**They actually let me know during the call that they would reactivate the account if I drop the chargeback. LOL, yeah right. Since Discover's policy is you cannot reopen a chargeback once its been closed, you want me to close the only way to get my money back? What kind of shady practice is that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you do live webchat or email for contact?

I've had only a couple dealings with Newegg order cancellations (no returns) and I had my problems sorted out in minutes.  

Don't see the problem here.
Problem is: They have the 3 monitors, but I don't have the $330 credit to my discover account (without issuing the chargeback). Plus, I won't be able to make any purchases from newegg ever again going forward.

I think I'm going to buy something from Newegg right now.

All kidding aside though, did they all not turn on, or what was the exact issue?

I have a hard time believing all 3 monitors would arrive doa, unless they wrapped them up in a plastic bag to ship to you.

I'd give it another few business days (middle of next week) for the full amount to be properly refunded.  Give them another phone call if there hasn't been any change by then, and if a final CS phone call doesn't have a satisfactory result, start doing the internet equivalent of picketing... Twitter and Facebook are highly visible.

Electronic payments and refunds are far from instant, even in this digital age.  It took Wells Fargo 11 business days (two weeks!) to refund a fraudulent debit card payment made using my info on Newegg several years ago.  

I don't think you recognize how much of a nuclear option a chargeback is.
WYQee.gif

You did a chargeback at EXACTLY the end of the 5 business days? LMAO! It often takes a few extra days give or take after the refund is issued, for it to be completely processed. You were in the wrong here and I would have banned you too. I've been a very happy Newegg customer for YEARS. Have never once had an issue with shipping, returns, refunds, etc. Not one single time.

You did a chargeback at EXACTLY the end of the 5 business days? LMAO! It often takes a few extra days give or take after the refund is issued, for it to be completely processed. You were in the wrong here and I would have banned you too. I've been a very happy Newegg customer for YEARS. Have never once had an issue with shipping, returns, refunds, etc. Not one single time.
I did the chargeback after 16 days (gave them a extra 11). Order placed 18th, RMA posted/return received on the 26th, chargeback placed this morning.

Lovely to see people defend their beloved company when I'm just sharing my own experience.

this experience will make me NEVER want to purchase anything from them ever again.

Here's a picture of the RMA status http://imgur.com/rDSeVLK

**They actually let me know during the call that they would reactivate the account if I drop the chargeback. LOL, yeah right. Since Discover's policy is you cannot reopen a chargeback once its been closed, you want me to close the only way to get my money back? What kind of shady practice is that?
well they won't let you purchase anyway.....

you can't do a chargeback on a payment that was refunded, so ask them if you were refunded how the chargeback was able to go through.

Yeah, I personally haven't ordered anything from newegg in years, cause I have no need to and don't really care for their stuff, but this guy sounds seriously butthurt and went about stuff the wrong way, so fair ban.

Edit: and might not know how to hook up monitors.  I agree with the "hard to believe 3 are DOA" statement unless UPS or whoever drop kicked them all the way to you.

I've never had a problem with Newegg, but I haven't purchased a product from them in a long time, so I can't really judge it in any way. But it does seem they're taking their sweet old time processing your refund. 

I never had any problems with them replacing defective items for me. Also I have not shopped from newegg for some time now. Their daily deal seems to sell out in minutes every time it's a videogame deal. 

Also do not file anything lost if not was delivered. Generally from stories I've heard they genrally ship via UPS and UPS would do an investigation if you claim your item was lost!

I purchase a lot from Newegg for work. It is one of the only places I will buy from. In the past when I have had to return something, it has taken up to 3 weeks  for a refund to post to the company credit card. Most times its a week or so though

Sometimes you just have to give it some time, it sucks because you think it would be really quick but it sometime's is not.

Newegg is generally great on most orders.

But yes, their customer service/return process is not that great.

That being said, I'm not surprised Newegg banned you.

Most company will ban you for doing a chargeback.

The only thing I have to say about Newegg is I wasn't thrilled how they sent my last monitor since they just sent the monitor box as is and didn't box it in something as well. It's the first monitor I've ever ordered online so maybe that's how all sites do it but if so still not a fan of that. I know how FedEx and UPS handle their shit from firsthand experience and even though a extra box for a box might not be that much more better since they hurl shit in the sending process it would still make me feel better than imagining my monitor box being thrown around by the handle everywhere.

bread's done
Back