Do Not trust your money to the SEARS family of stores

arsenalfox

CAGiversary!
This isn't the first time having issues with sears on purchasing products they advertise, but is definately the last! Due to thier Illegal activities!

I followed the sales and as soon as the sales went online I made purchases, verified in-store stock, recieved confirmation with my payment pending until the stores opened in the morning. I then recieved an email from Sears telling me that the order has been cancelled due to product not being in stock. at which point they also charged my credit card for the product that they do not have! I then researched a Sears location that also supposedly had the product in stock and contacted the Sears customer service to ask for my order to be transfer to that store. They told me they could not do that. So I told them I wanted my money back. they told me that being it was done online for a store purchase I would have to go to the store. Then I was told that what I paid was a service fee, for the service they did NOT provide, and I was not going to get my money back. I repeatedly asked to talk to a supervisor with no avail, supposedly busy on another call. I left my number for them to call me back (never happened, now 14 hours later). I went to the store and tried to, which told me that because I payed online they could not give me a refund, they called customer service that said that they would start processing me a refund in 3-5 days, for the money that they took (stole) from me for products and services that they didn't provide. I then went home and called thier e-commerce customer service number that is supposed to help find the product or its replacement for arders. that then told me that I could go to the store that supposedly had the items in stock and give them more of my money. I told them I wanted the money back that they already took for the product back. they then told me again that it would be 3-5 days before they would process the request to give my money back and I would recieve a refund minus a service fee! Service FEE for WHAT! Allowing a company to steal money and not provide anything in return! This is theft!

So in reverse, If I went to thier store and picked up an Item and told them I would pay for it, then payed Tartget instead and told Sears that I no longer have the money, but I'll return the item in 3-5 days or so but some of it I am keeping because they had said Item up for sale. the police would be called and arrest would be made.

I now wonder how many people and how much money has the SEARS company stole in the hundreds of years they have been in business.

Of course the Better Business Bureau wont do anything, it is just a membership club that companies pay for to make them look legitimate, and to give customers a false since of security!
I tried dealing with them on another occasion of Sears practice of false advertising and bait and swich tactics. I have also taked to people that said when they worked there they would be told to take sale merchandise off the floor until after a sale. There needs to be a police that deals with companies like this!

Again DO NOT trust your hard earned money to thieves like SEARS. They will steal your money and charge you for services they do NOT provide!:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

whatisthis.png

For whatever it's worth, and I don't know the details, but my parents really hated Sears after an incident back in the mid 90s. We haven't shopped there much since.

Alright let me see if I got this, you buy item online and said item isn't in stock. They cancel the order but charge a service fee that will not be refunded. RoadDogg is right just do a damn chargeback

OP, you might want to put some line breaks in that wall of text so people can understand you.

Sears.com customer service is wrong, and you should just do a chargeback if they won't give you your money back.

I just don't get why you go through all that damn trouble OP. If it was clear in the beginning that they weren't going to give you your money back then call your CC company and do a charge back. It's quite simple and effective.

yeah sorry about the clumped together text, was PO'ed and just kept typing :p had spent all day mess with those idiots!

[quote name='shrike4242']OP, you might want to put some line breaks in that wall of text so people can understand you.

Sears.com customer service is wrong, and you should just do a chargeback if they won't give you your money back.[/QUOTE]

I've had my problems with both sears and the cs on the phone, they are very reluctant to help anybody out. I purchased a game and there was no disc inside upon opening and it was an utter headache. Hell, they even told me to contact the manufacturer that it's not there problem.

A game that cost $10 at that, I went back to the store a third time to see if they would exchange it or buy it for $5 since it was that price by that time but the lady that always helps me out hooked me up.

Is it a full-blown charge or just a "check to see if the funds are there" hold? I understand getting frustrated and caught up in the heat of it all.

Its a full charge on my card!

What it is I order for layaway online for a local store. The check availability said that it was in stock, I recieved comfirmation. My Credit card was payment pending until the morning. after stores opened I recieved another email saying my order was cancelled.

I then checked my account to find that they charged my credit card.
I contacted customer service to at first change my order to another store even further away that supposedly had it in stock. they could not do it.

I then asked for my money back and they first told me that I would have to go to the store to get my refund. then they told me that what I was charged was a service fee. (for the layaway services they did not provide). What was charged was the first layaway payment including the service charge for layaway.

I then aske to talk to a supervisor and was refused, and I continued (5 more times) to ask for one until I was finally told they were busy. I gave them my nuber for them to call me back.

After a couple hours, I then went to the store, explained it to them they could not transfer my order and told me that if I wasnted my money back I had to deal with it online.

But they were also able to pull up my paid for order on thier system. showing I had what I ordered and payments made and accepted!.

I then had to go back home to call customer service again that then told me that they would get to processing my request for a refund minus the layaway service charges in about 3-5 days.

They feel that just for me attempting to buy a product they deserve a service fee without doing anything!

I had no problem with the service fee if they provide a service but they didn't. and all I am getting is the run around on getting my money back. This isn't the first time that I have had problems with Sears.com, I shoould have learned from previous attempts. But with so few stores offering available purchase options Layaway is a way to go for larger priced items to pay in incriments during the holidays.

So I am out of the money and out of the products !

Sears and Kmart are horrible right now, first of all I haven't been able to log onto their so called updated website in weeks, probably going on more than a month. I didn't do anything to my account, but apparently its not there. I am incredibly frustrated that I cannot get into my account under any means.

So I cannot log into either Sears, Kmart or SYW rewards sites.

Try the forget password link and it tells me my email is not in their system.

Try to make a new account with same email, since its not in the system, get message that there already is an account under that email.

Try to re-register SYW rewards card since apparently its not in the system, tons of errors.

I have emailed the customer service and complained, but I just got a pre canned response, I have complained about 10 times on the facebook page, someone said they will reach out to me, but I have yet to hear anything from someone who can actually do something, they are obviously just trying to passify me and get rid of me.

Its probably good that I can't log into my account though... since that prevents me from having problems with an order.

A large, national retailer and they can't even get a website right....

Sears/Kmart.com look like a really bad version of amazon with a bunch of sleazy 3rd party sellers right now that are heavily promoted. Very hard to find them actual Sears/Kmart items you want.

Store problems:

Coupons given in the Sunday Ad were not working at my store, the cashiers spent 5 min checking to make sure I have the right items, as if I was stealing something.

We wanted to buy the crackers that were listed in the ad last week with a coupon, we got them home and discovered they were stale. This is NOT the first time I have had problems with stale food in my store and I have complained about it to the produce mananger through the complaint hotline, however, the problems continue. I should know better not to attempt to buy food there. As for the dates, I shouldn't have to check them, the products should be fresh and not expired.

My friend worked for a credit card company as customer service for a while and he said the amount of calls related to Sears and chargebacks were so ridiculous, when they brought up chargebacks during training, Sears was mentioned by name.

This sounds oddly similar to mygofer k mart e giftcard issue.

I paid for a 50 dollar e gift card to be sent to me, never got it. I was charged. i called customer service 4 times, no gift card. Wont reverse the charge.

They saw i filed a charge back, told me they would give me a free 50 dollar giftcard plus my original gift card if i dropped the charge back for their screw up. A week past when i was supposed to get the cards...nothing......

bread's done
Back