Do people actually pay for stuff listed on Amazon?

Amazon sales are hard to peg. For the most part items collectors would typically buy do not sale for some of those crazy prices. Who knows, on occasion you may get lucky. Just remember amazon hits you up just like every other site for fees. If I remember correctly they take part of the shipping/handling fee they charge, .99 cent fee, and 15% of the sales price.

On average amazon buyers do not know as much as people who buy on ebay. You have alot of oops my son charged this I don't want it or I didn't know this wasn't new. With amazon terms for sales, you basically have to bend over backwards for the buyers including excepting returns.

ive seen the suikoden II guide go over a 100 on ebay...i guess if this game is really rare and in short print than the guide must be too..your better off selling on ebay..i think there you only pay listing fees and there its more in favor of the buyer.

I've purchased a few things on Marketplace, but would never pay an outrageous price. Basically the prices I paid were similar to what I could have gotten on eBay, but without any hassle (however little there may be) of getting into bidding.

I've bought text books off of Amazon before, but only for good prices when compared to other bookstores or half.com. There always seem to be listing for books ABOVE the retail price, and I don't know why these people even bother listing them since they'll never sell.

Games on half.com and Amazon Marketplace are marked up in general because the sites take a large commission (up to 15%) and don't reimburse you enough to actually ship an item (particularly true for large text books that cost like $7 to ship Media Mail and they give you $3).

bread's done
Back