Do people really believe everything in this country is okay?

the3rdkey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Sept 11th:

A lot of Americans die and black boxes are never recovered. The government passed the Patriot Act.

Hurricane Katrina:

Mass genocide of poor Americans

The War in Iraq:

Not allowed to show bodies coming home because that ended Vietnam

I could go on and on.

I love this country and care about the people. But, when are we going to take action and vote in a real American?

It's impossible to 'take action and vote in a real American'. We have a two party system that is extremely flawed. Until that changes, we will never get to choose a great American to lead us. I'm afraid their isn't much possibility of change until nuclear strikes here in American force us into overthrowing the government. Until that happens we are simply stuck with the same old shit every four years.

We as a country are in a position where we need something to rally around. A contemporary equivalent of World War 2 would do our economy and society a lot of good.

[quote name='dragonreborn23'] It's impossible to 'take action and vote in a real American'. We have a two party system that is extremely flawed.[/quote]
did you know that we used to have the capability to have more than a two-party system - every candidate was entitled to equal media time by a law in the 50's.
Thanks to CBS and their need for "quickie-news" that law was repealed to allow presidential debates on TV.

[quote name='Gnuh'] We as a country are in a position where we need something to rally around. A contemporary equivalent of World War 2 would do our economy and society a lot of good.[/quote]
i think Bush already has us covered on that one

[quote name='the3rdkey']
Hurricane Katrina:

[/QUOTE]

"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

So what was the group, and who tried to destroy them?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

So what was the group, and who tried to destroy them?[/QUOTE]

Poor African Americans and our government did.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']"any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

So what was the group, and who tried to destroy them?[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I was thinking. Seriously, a genocide? Go tell that to Jewish survivors or Rwandans who saw their families being massacred. Comparing Katrina to a genocide shows a lack of sophistication.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Poor African Americans and our government did.[/QUOTE]

You're an idiot.

The government is out-of-control, and the executive branch has made an unprecented grab for power - but OP, your examples range from oversimplification to just plain fabrication.

Katrina was a classic example of "Problem, Reaction, Solution" aka "Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis"

The National Guard created the "problem" by not allowing aid into the city.
The "reaction" was public outrage at FEMA for not doing enough.
The "solution" was granting FEMA more power during times of crisis.

Google: FEMA Camp

There's so much more to Katrina than meets the eye. It set the precedent for gun grabbing, a clear violation of the 2nd amendment. For example, the National Guard was in the high and dry areas going house to house seizing all guns. And what about Blackwater Mercenaries, what the f*ck were they doing there?

it wasn't a genocide on the Poor Americans... it's a war on PEOPLE in general. WAKE DA F*CK UP!

henry_kissinger.jpg
"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." -- Henry Kissinger Bilderberg meeting. Unbeknownst to Kissinger, his speech was taped by a Swiss delegate to the meeting. speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992

[quote name='level1online']Katrina was a classic example of "Problem, Reaction, Solution" aka "Thesis, Anti-Thesis, Synthesis"

The National Guard created the "problem" by not allowing aid into the city.
The "reaction" was public outrage at FEMA for not doing enough.
The "solution" was granting FEMA more power during times of crisis.

Google: FEMA Camp

There's so much more to Katrina than meets the eye. It set the precedent for gun grabbing, a clear violation of the 2nd amendment. For example, the National Guard was in the high and dry areas going house to house seizing all guns. And what about Blackwater Mercenaries, what the f*ck were they doing there?

it wasn't a genocide on the Poor Americans... it's a war on PEOPLE in general. WAKE DA F*CK UP!

henry_kissinger.jpg
"Today Americans would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government." -- Henry Kissinger Bilderberg meeting. Unbeknownst to Kissinger, his speech was taped by a Swiss delegate to the meeting. speaking at Evian, France, May 21, 1992 [/QUOTE]

koolaid-large.jpg

You know this guy intimately, don't you?

[quote name='CocheseUGA']
koolaid-large.jpg

You know this guy intimately, don't you?[/quote]

ummmm... i never mentioned lizard people or space holograms...

I mentioned facts... you sure got that kool aid logo pretty quick.

[quote name='level1online']ummmm... i never mentioned lizard people or space holograms...

I mentioned facts... you sure got that kool aid logo pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

You convienently left out the fact that NO tried to evacuate in 1998 and fucked it up then, too. We can try to attribute all life's ills on the big bad government, or we can try to realize that people are dumb and won't listen to evacuation orders.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You convienently left out the fact that NO tried to evacuate in 1998 and fucked it up then, too. We can try to attribute all life's ills on the big bad government, or we can try to realize that people are dumb and won't listen to evacuation orders.[/quote]

whoa whoa whoa... you just made a huge assumption.

i never said that ALL of life's ills are attributed to our gov't. Because that would make me a kooky conspiracy theorist.

secondly, so are you suggesting that since those folks decided to ignore the evacution order and/or becasue they are "dumb", that somehow, they deserved what they got ???

You're following a Darwinistic point of view... It's used to justify killing.

that's horrible man... :drool:

[quote name='javeryh']One look at my giant plasma TV, MDX and new addition to my house tell me everything is A-OK.[/quote]

good for you... only if you managed to do it without plunging yourself into debt.

[quote name='level1online']whoa whoa whoa... you just made a huge assumption.

i never said that ALL of life's ills are attributed to our gov't. Because that would make me a kooky conspiracy theorist.

secondly, so are you suggesting that since those folks decided to ignore the evacution order and/or becasue they are "dumb", that somehow, they deserved what they got ???

You're following a Darwinistic point of view... It's used to justify killing.

that's horrible man... :drool:[/QUOTE]

When you ignore an evacuation order for a hurricane your city was never designed to handle, your city is below sea level and the USACE has been evaluating your ill-equipped levees for over five years, common sense should tell you to get on the bus.

They may not have gotten what they deserved, but it's hard for them to get my sympathy. If you're able to go, you have the ability to go, and don't go? You stood on 20, saw the Ace and didn't buy the insurance.

I'll sit here and tell you the government blew it when it came time to rescue and assist these people, and further blew it by not doing more twenty-thirty years ago to plan and prepare for a disaster of this scope. But to say the government was secretly happy that it happened and sponsored it by restricting the activities of the people who could help the most?

[quote name='level1online']good for you... only if you managed to do it without plunging yourself into debt.[/quote]

Hahahahahahahaha! This is funny. Sorry buddy, the only debt I have to speak of is my mortgage (and even that isn't too bad). Everything else is paid in full (car, student loans, etc.). If I don't have the cash I don't buy it - plain and simple.

I'm going to get an American flag tattooed on each of my shoulders, like my homeboy Guile.

a newsweek poll of 1003 people said that 42% of the people believe we should be in Iraq, that should pretty much close this thread.

[quote name='the3rdkey']Sept 11th:

A lot of Americans die and black boxes are never recovered. The government passed the Patriot Act.

Hurricane Katrina:

The War in Iraq:

I could go on and on.

I love this country and care about the people. But, when are we going to take action and vote in a real American?[/QUOTE]

Off the top of my head, here are three eras of US History where things were considerably more bleak than they are now...

1. The Great Depression - Massive unemployment, the world's whole economy was teetering on the brink of catastrophe, terrible, terrible times.

2. World War II - Germany and Japan thankfully made some huge blunders that helped us win and save the world. Had Japan followed up it's success at Pearl Harbor immediately and Germany not invaded Russia, the world would be a much worse place today.

3. The Civil War - The South never really had a chance to win this one but when every single casualty in a war is from your own country, it hurts. To top things off, the conclusion of the war saw the death of one of our greatest Presidents in history.

There are more dire events in our history, if you think things are bad today, you really have no idea what historical context is.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']a newsweek poll of 1003 people said that 42% of the people believe we should be in Iraq, that should pretty much close this thread.[/quote]

yes.... back.... to.... sleep.... zzzzzzzz.....

war IS peace.....

war.... is... peace....zzzzzz

[quote name='Halo05']Off the top of my head, here are three eras of US History where things were considerably more bleak than they are now...

1. The Great Depression - Massive unemployment, the world's whole economy was teetering on the brink of catastrophe, terrible, terrible times.

2. World War II - Germany and Japan thankfully made some huge blunders that helped us win and save the world. Had Japan followed up it's success at Pearl Harbor immediately and Germany not invaded Russia, the world would be a much worse place today.

3. The Civil War - The South never really had a chance to win this one but when every single casualty in a war is from your own country, it hurts. To top things off, the conclusion of the war saw the death of one of our greatest Presidents in history.

There are more dire events in our history, if you think things are bad today, you really have no idea what historical context is.[/quote]

That's why I chuckle every time i turn on the neo-conservative talk radio and hear "OH MY GAWD!!!! The Islamo-Fascists are gonna get us!!!"

Three cheers for the high tech survellence grid; face scanning technology rules!!!
:applause:
Three cheers for CPS, protecting good children from bad parents for many years to come! DoublePlusGood, Take your vaccine!
Three cheers for fabricated terror, because either way, we're going to war.
Three cheers for "free speech zones", the government may regulate the time, place, and manner—but not content—of expression.
Three cheers for open borders, because lower wages means more wel-fare! Yi-pee!

Seriously, we've had assassins in the past take out some awesome presidents, where the hell is the assassin for OUR generation? Damnit, I'm writing their union a nasty letter expressing my rage. We're overdue for one, seriously.

~HotShotX

[quote name='the3rdkey']Poor African Americans and our government did.[/QUOTE]

I think it was an accident with the weather machine. That hurricane was meant for Castro!

[quote name='elprincipe']I think it was an accident with the weather machine. That hurricane was meant for Castro![/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='HotShotX']Seriously, we've had assassins in the past take out some awesome presidents, where the hell is the assassin for OUR generation? Damnit, I'm writing their union a nasty letter expressing my rage. We're overdue for one, seriously.

~HotShotX[/quote]
the assasins are the ones in charge now.... :hot:

investigate bush sr. and his CIA connections...
do you know where he was when jfk was shot?
better yet, check out prescott bush and his nazi connection...

i know it might hurt a little to do some research, but it'll be worth it. :cool:

[quote name='the3rdkey']Sept 11th:
Hurricane Katrina:
The War in Iraq:
I could go on and on.
I love this country and care about the people. But, when are we going to take action and vote in a real American?[/QUOTE]

I'm at a total loss for words. Perhaps it's that old adage "if you can't say anything nice...". I know, I know, it's never stopped me before, but this one feels so young. It seems like it would break some obscure statute to manhandle something this innocent. I dunno, maybe I'm just getting soft from hanging out with all the commies around here and that altruistic gene has somehow penetrated my personality without my knowledge. Certainly it was without my permission - but I digress ...

It is funny all no one trusts politicians or corps anymore but they believe televised news and newspapers.

www.digg.com FTW!!!!

And, people ignore me for me believing people were screwed? I must be a conspiracy nut job.

:roll:

this thread is just silly...

[quote name='HotShotX']Seriously, we've had assassins in the past take out some awesome presidents, where the hell is the assassin for OUR generation? Damnit, I'm writing their union a nasty letter expressing my rage. We're overdue for one, seriously.

~HotShotX[/quote]

and do you really think cheney would do better than bush? cmon. if you kill em both then nancy pelosi, then were really in trouble. youd have to go pretty far down the list...

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']this thread is just silly...

and do you really think cheney would do better than bush? cmon. if you kill em both then nancy pelosi, then were really in trouble. youd have to go pretty far down the list...[/quote]

No, but there's no way in hell people, even the stupid ones, would look at Cheney and believe "He's doing what's right for the country"

Cheney would have an impeachment on his ass so fast it would keep Dubya from coloring outside the lines.

~HotShotX

[quote name='HotShotX']No, but there's no way in hell people, even the stupid ones, would look at Cheney and believe "He's doing what's right for the country"

Cheney would have an impeachment on his ass so fast it would keep Dubya from coloring outside the lines.

~HotShotX[/quote]

it bothers me that people love to throw around the word impeach so much these days. if bush isnt being impeached, what makes you think that cheney would be. furthermore, even if he was impeached, that doesnt mean he would forced out of office. clinton was impeached, he stayed in office. he still has to be convicted by the senate, which requires 2/3 majority. both presidents that have been impeached, on 3 charges all together, were not convicted.

[quote name='level1online']yes.... back.... to.... sleep.... zzzzzzzz.....

war IS peace.....

war.... is... peace....zzzzzz[/QUOTE]

you lower the average IQ of the VS forum, please post intelligently, not just 40 year old conspiracy nut living in his parents' basement posts, thank you

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you lower the average IQ of the VS forum, please post intelligently, not just 40 year old conspiracy nut living in his parents' basement posts, thank you[/quote]

Actually, I'm in the attic! :bomb:

So I listened to Glenn Beck this morning.... OH MY GAWD! THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING FOR YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS!!!!

I listened to two interviews from dis-info agents (one nyc author who used to run war games for our gov't, and a former soldier) and they don't say "if", rather "when" there is the next attack it will be bigger than 9/11.

[quote name='level1online']So I listened to Glenn Beck this morning.... OH MY GAWD! THE TERRORISTS ARE COMING FOR YOUR SONS AND DAUGHTERS!!!!

I listened to two interviews from dis-info agents (one nyc author who used to run war games for our gov't, and a former soldier) and they don't say "if", rather "when" there is the next attack it will be bigger than 9/11.[/quote]

What's alarming is they say "yeah it is likely we are going to get attacked, we just don't know when, Al Queda is stronger than ever, etc". I just get that shrugged shoulder vibe from it. It seems like their saying were screwed either way, and there's not much we can do about it.

bread's done
Back