Do these games support 480p?

deekayex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I bought a Vdigi VD-W2 VGA cable for the Wii a few weeks ago (still waiting for it to ship, though) and a Wii yesterday (last one at Gamestop) for use with my monitor. The problem is this cable can only display those games that have a progressive scan mode. I'm interested in the following titles:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zack & Wiki
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy
Fire Emblem
No More Heroes
Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Dragon Quest Swords

And which of the above games have a widescreen mode? Thanks.

[quote name='deekayex']I bought a Vdigi VD-W2 VGA cable for the Wii a few weeks ago (still waiting for it to ship, though) and a Wii yesterday (last one at Gamestop) for use with my monitor. The problem is this cable can only display those games that have a progressive scan mode. I'm interested in the following titles:

Zelda: Twilight Princess
Zack & Wiki
Metroid Prime 3
Mario Galaxy
Fire Emblem
No More Heroes
Brawl
Mario Kart Wii
Dragon Quest Swords

And which of the above games have a widescreen mode? Thanks.[/quote]

I believe they all do.

Yeah AFAIK all Wii games are 480p. Some of the launch games weren't widescreen I think (Zelda is, IIRC), but I think everything is widescreen now and they were always 480p.

[quote name='SpazX']Yeah AFAIK all Wii games are 480p. Some of the launch games weren't widescreen I think (Zelda is, IIRC), but I think everything is widescreen now and they were always 480p.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure Mario Party was only 480i.

[quote name='SnorE']ya when i play mario party on my widescreen i got some border thing around the outside of the actual game[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 4:3 and 480i. Absurd for any game this gen, much less a first party game. Just laziness on Nintendo's part.

How in the hell is Mario Party 8 in 480i? 4-7 on the Gamecube are in 480p (but not widescreen)! That sucks pretty bad.

edit: So I searched around, and half the reviews online say Mario Party 8 is 480p, and half say 480i. I'm guessing it's 480p w/o widescreen like all the previous ones, but I guess there's no way to know for sure until I get the game.

Plenty of Wii games are 480i, like most of the shovelware.

Could be, I was going by reviews and board posts that said 480i. Hopefully it is at least 480p.

Personally, I won't consider buying anything nto 16x9 and 480p minimum anymore.

Theres actually still quite a few Wii games that don't even support widescreen. Its really disappointing, I almost wanted to start a thread about it with a list.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Theres actually still quite a few Wii games that don't even support widescreen. Its really disappointing, I almost wanted to start a thread about it with a list.[/quote]
not that bad of an idea

Yeah, there was a spread sheet that had a list of what was 16x9, 480p etc. on the AVS Nintendo forum, but it hadn't been updated in months last I checked.

Mario Party 8 has borders around a 4:3 screen. It could be a 480i image at that. It looks like garbage and I was highly disappointed. It's a crappy Gamecube port with some waggle tacked on. If you want a good Mario Party get MP5 for the cube. My wife loves them all and 5 was the best one in my opinion and has progressive mode.
-G

bread's done
Back