Do you guys know anything about the Intec AC cable for the Cube?

Gothic Walrus

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I need to find a power cable, and it turns out that there are literally no stores in my area (that I'm aware of, at least) that carry the Nintendo-brand power cable. Intec's all I've seen, but the product's Amazon page has some nasty reviews...

I got a gamecube a year ago and I bought one of these. About 2 months after I bought it it broke. So I got online and got another one. After a few months this one broke. DO NOT BUY... GET ORIGANAL NINTENDO ADAPTER NOT INTEC!!!!!!

That one's not very good, sure, but this one bothers me more...

Long story short: DON'T BUY THIS ADAPTER, IT WILL FRUSTRATE YOU.

The Intec brand gamecube power adapter has different specs than the official nintendo one. The official adapter provides 3.25amps of DC output. The Intec one is only rated for 2.75amps. Becuase the Intec ones doesn't provide sufficient power, sometimes the gamecube won't spin up your game disk. Especially after playing for a long time and then changing disks. This is probably due to the power adapter warming up (as all power adapters do). The annoying part is that it seems you can only get the nintendo branded adapter from [...]. Oh well.

So...the question is do I just accept the fact that I'll have to order the Nintendo cable online, or are the reviews anomalies? Has anyone here had experience with the Intec products?

The adapter end that plugs into the gamecube on my intec came loose, so halfway during playing a game of Fire Emblem, the connection become loose and the cube shut off. I say avoid like the plague...

I have an adapter by Intec, but mine says it has output of 3.25. It has worked, but I only use it when I travel. (It's a pain for me to remove cables all the time if I move my systems, so I tend to have a set of cables - AV and AC - for any trips.)

I haven't had any issues with it at all. I don't know what to say to all these people having problems.

'Course, if I run across an official one cheap somewhere, I'd switch it out in a second.

[quote name='Strell']I have an adapter by Intec, but mine says it has output of 3.25. It has worked, but I only use it when I travel. (It's a pain for me to remove cables all the time if I move my systems, so I tend to have a set of cables - AV and AC - for any trips.)

I haven't had any issues with it at all. I don't know what to say to all these people having problems.

'Course, if I run across an official one cheap somewhere, I'd switch it out in a second.[/QUOTE]
The Intec is right in the middle of the pricing on the Nintendo website - $10 for refurbished Nintendo, $15 for Intec, and $20 for new Nintendo.

Cost isn't really an issue, but the thing is that I don't actually know if the Cube itself works...so I'd prefer to not order something online that'd be non-returnable if the Cube itself is dead.

And since I didn't mention it...the Cube was $5 at a Salvation Army, but without any controllers or cords. I figured it'd be easy to find the power cord, but I was definitely wrong there...

bread's done
Back