Do you know how much your average cost per game is?

davo1224

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Obviously this would require a lot of digging up and math but I think it's useful in seeing how you're doing. Are you losing a lot on trade-ins? Are you buying crap games for high prices?

Anyway, I doubt many people do this but I did the math for all the money I've spent on Gamecube games (since I've only had them for half a year) minus all the money I've gotten back on trade-ins and sales on CL/Amazon. I came out to $4.37 per game, 30 games. I made the mistake of trading in some games for very little towards the start of buying but lately I've made a killing off of buying low at garage sales and reselling to afford the great games. Gamestop's BTGO sale also helped me out a lot.

I have no fucking idea. I like getting games for less than retail price, but I don't base my success on how much I spend on games on average.

fuck, I usually just PM the Fry's ad now and save $5-10 when games come out. I have no interest in waiting half a year just to save another $5 or something like that.

I don't really know the specifics, but I did do an informal count of my previous/current gen stuff (PS2, GC, Xbox, 360, Wii) and found that in almost 75% of cases I spent $15 or less, which isn't too bad.

Most of my game purchases in the last 2 years or so have been from sales/clearances/random price mistakes that I found out about through CAG or on my own.

The glaring exceptions from my cheapass rule have been:

GTA San Andreas(PS2)$50
The Warriors(Xbox)$50
The Godfather: Collectors Edition(XBox)$40 from GS, but shhhhh, as we all know I don't shop there when I don't have to
Silent Hill 3(PS2)-I could've bought this SOB from a Sam Goody in NJ that was on it's last day of closing sales for $5 fuckin dollars, but I passed. This was another one I ended up paying out the ass for @ GS.

Aside from those FOUR exceptions in the past 2 or so years, I have paid an average of probably $3-5 for most of my games bought within the last 2 years or so. However, there were MANY near full retail purchases before I truly started searching for the best deals.

So again, I truly do owe CAG and Cheapy for my backlog of games I still have yet to make a real dent in.

I've kept track since the infamous Circuit City July 2004 sale. Here are my totals below. So far in 2007 I've really curtailed my video game spendng.

Code:
[B]Year         Total         Titles         Avg. Price [/B]   
====================================================
2004        482.77           91             5.29
2005       1120.99          145             7.73
2006       1225.39          136             9.01
2007        100.51           12             8.38
I've never traded in a game, so I can't comment about that..

Haha...glad to see I'm not the only one who tracks this stuff :D . I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my games: how much they cost, where and when I got them, apprx. value, etc.

For new games my average is $10.55 (used to be under $10 but I've recently been buying new old school games and they aren't cheap) and for used games it is $8.20. Those do not take into account the money I have made from selling/trading in games. The averages would be considerably lower if I subtracted those amounts.

I have no idea but I do remember all of the recent games I've purchased for full MSRP. It isn't all that often I pay MSRP though.

Gears of War CE - $69.99
Final Fantasy XII CE - $59.99
Guitar Hero II - $89.99

$13.65 is the average before-tax purchase price of the games I currently own. That discounts anything I've sold or traded for profit or lack thereof.

[quote name='kell']Haha...glad to see I'm not the only one who tracks this stuff :D . I have an Excel spreadsheet with all my games: how much they cost, where and when I got them, apprx. value, etc.

For new games my average is $10.55 (used to be under $10 but I've recently been buying new old school games and they aren't cheap) and for used games it is $8.20. Those do not take into account the money I have made from selling/trading in games. The averages would be considerably lower if I subtracted those amounts.[/quote]

I think I have most of my receipts from my game purchases since joining CAG, as well as a HEFTY stack of receipts from BB,EB,GS listing almost every pennied guide/item I've grabbed since I became a CAG.

Only problem with having all these stacked atop one another is....I think they print them with disappearing ink, since all the ink rubs off within a year most times. And the yellowed color of some of these receipts. BLEH!!

I know some of the guide receipts from my earliest grabs are almost as long as my arm in some cases. :whistle2:X And a few of the game receipts aren't much shorter.

During the GCN/PS2/Xbox era, my average was roughly $7.30 per game and I have well over 150 games between the three systems. The only game I bought at launch was F-Zero GX and I spent $25 for it.

So far this generation, all I own is a Xbox 360 and my average is $30 or so.

Man if we were doing Nintendo 64 for my first time I'd easily be about probably $45/game. I used to spend money like water on the shittiest games. I paid $60 for WWF WarZone.

I used to keep a spreadsheet of every game I bought with price paid, price sold/traded for, and a flag indicating if I completed it or not. I was in the black for the last gen (including the cost of the consoles) but stopped keeping the sheet up about a year ago.

When I stopped updating I think I had made about $0.70 or so per game.

I don't know... I'd say around $20 for full priced console games. And $25 for portable games, thanks mostly to DS games never dropping in price.

I do the same thing. At the moment, I'm sitting on a total of $2132.52 with 197 game transactions (PC, PS2, 360, PS2, GBA). Which comes out to be 10.82 per game. This is prior to me selling/trading for cash/credit. Cheers :)

I tend to spend about $15 to $20 for my games but most of what I buy is for the Xbox 360. Lowest price I've paid is $9 to the highest $30.

bread's done
Back