Do you Like the Beatles???

Kind of a retarded question to ask... :)

You want a better poll question? Try this one:

How many of you, who like the beatles REALLy only the Dope Influenced Beatles...

You know...do you like the early 60's beatles? The bubble-gum Pop beatles like "She Loves You, Yaaah Yahhh Yahhh"....or do you really only like the hippy beatles...Magical Mystery Tour, The While Album, Sgt. Peppers.. :)

I took my highschool yearbook quote from I Am the Walrus.

yea, i was thinking about putting the later more drugged up Beatles on there, but i didnt........its too easy too tell when they were messed up and when they wernt. Look at the song TAXMAN for god sakes, good ass song though!

Been a fan since I was a kid. I really love all of their music, but I've always been particularly fond of Revolver and White Album.

Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery are my faves......I Am The Walrus used to be my favorite, but now I just can't get help but love Strawberry Fields.

I know, I know....I should be ASHAMED for not picking some obscure b-side beatles track, but I know what I like...and I digs me some Strawberry Fields Forever :)

[quote name='HeadRusch']
I know, I know....I should be ASHAMED for not picking some obscure b-side beatles track, but I know what I like...and I digs me some Strawberry Fields Forever :)[/QUOTE]

Strawberry Fields is a great song! Don't be ashamed! :)

there are too many good ones to point out.......i dont see how any1 could dislke the Beatles. Their songs make you smile, and sometimes think "WTF are they talking about."

and the police say drugs are bad........

Besides the lyrics, what hooks me is the Hi-Hat cymbol played backwards during each verse :) That "sssshhhooook...shhhhoook...shhhoook" :) Man I just love that.....and the fact that the music is so orchestrated...not the typical electric guitar/bass sound...good stuff that stands the test of time.

Although in todays age of absolute garbage music, I can't believe there are still people who apprecaite this stuff.

Two of my favorite albums of all time, Rubber Soul and Abbey Road, are by the Beatles, so I hope I'd like them.

I think I'm actually more partial to their earlier music as I was never really able to get into most of Revolver or the White Album. And anyone that likes Wild Honey Pie has to be on LSD.

[quote name='HeadRusch']Sgt Peppers and Magical Mystery are my faves......I Am The Walrus used to be my favorite, but now I just can't get help but love Strawberry Fields.

I know, I know....I should be ASHAMED for not picking some obscure b-side beatles track, but I know what I like...and I digs me some Strawberry Fields Forever :)[/QUOTE]

Blackbird is one of my favorite Beatles songs because it was one of the first songs I learned to play.

yea, hit after hit. KInd of ironic though, huh? The beatles went from being a crazy boy band to being crazy druged out music makers. Its wierd right?
I want to learn how to play the guitar so i can play all their songs.

Anyone else going to see Paul McCartney this fall? Saw him the first time back in 02 during the Driving Rain/Back in the US tour. Best concert evar. Can't wait to see him again!

[quote name='Msia']Anyone else going to see Paul McCartney this fall? Saw him the first time back in 02 during the Driving Rain/Back in the US tour. Best concert evar. Can't wait to see him again![/QUOTE]

Unfortuntely with George and John dead Paul is all we have left (no offense Ringo :lol: ), but I was never a fan.

yea, Ringo didnt really sing. Its depressing that George and Lennon are dead.......sob. Think, if they were still alive they would be rapping the shit out of 50 cent and chingy, or whatever the hell you damn kids are listening to, becuase they were so far ahead of thier time.

if you didnt understand my post, then just ignore it, i had to reread it a few times too before i even got it.........

[quote name='stocker08']yea, Ringo didnt really sing. Its depressing that George and Lennon are dead.......sob. Think, if they were still alive they would be rapping the shit out of 50 cent and chingy, or whatever the hell you damn kids are listening to, becuase they were so far ahead of thier time.

if you didnt understand my post, then just ignore it, i had to reread it a few times too before i even got it.........[/QUOTE]

We'll always have Yellow Submarine, among others.

See my other long-assed whitepaper thread I just posted about the state of todays music scene...I really hope MTV shaq-fuing implodes under the weight of its own a-holeishness and we can start over again.

The world does not need another Hip Hop artist rapping about what a badass he is, and how he spends all his money on gold-plated Bentleys and solid diamond teeth.

I miss music.....I haven't been able to find anything in quite some time that I really enjoy listening to.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']We'll always have Yellow Submarine, among others.[/QUOTE]

Personally i dont really care for Yellow Submarine. it really doenst sound like the beatles. Its kind of a boring song, imo. But lots of people like that song sooo......yea know, its fine by me, its an ok song......

[quote name='stocker08']Personally i dont really care for Yellow Submarine. it really doenst sound like the beatles. Its kind of a boring song, imo. But lots of people like that song sooo......yea know, its fine by me, its an ok song......[/QUOTE]

It's not one of my favorites either, but it is memorable.

The Beatles are/were awesome. I loved While my Guitar Gently Weeps since Eric Clapton played lead guitar on it.

[quote name='crazytalkx']The Beatles are/were awesome. I loved While my Guitar Gently Weeps since Eric Clapton played lead guitar on it.[/QUOTE]
exactly...good taste man

I like them, but they suffer from FF7 syndrome in that their more vocal fans are very, very annoying.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']You're either an Elvis man or a Beatles Man.....I'm an Elvis man.[/QUOTE]
AGREE'D.

There's Elvis for any mood.

[quote name='stocker08']yea, Ringo didnt really sing. Its depressing that George and Lennon are dead.......sob. Think, if they were still alive they would be rapping the shit out of 50 cent and chingy, or whatever the hell you damn kids are listening to, becuase they were so far ahead of thier time.

if you didnt understand my post, then just ignore it, i had to reread it a few times too before i even got it.........[/QUOTE]

That doesn't really make sense, it wouldn't really matter if they were alive or not for people to listen to them, it's not like they would've gotten back together and made new music. And I'm not sure why they would want to rap?

[quote name='stocker08']Personally i dont really care for Yellow Submarine. it really doenst sound like the beatles. Its kind of a boring song, imo. But lots of people like that song sooo......yea know, its fine by me, its an ok song......[/QUOTE]

This is my least favorite Beatles song, aka: I never liked it. It always seemed like the people who liked or "loved" it only knew like 2 Beatles songs. Not to say that's 100% true, but that was the experience I had.

It's really difficult to make a personal faves list of Beatles songs, because over time they've changed this way and that, from older songs to later songs. It all depends on what I'm feeling at the time. But I'd say songs like Strawberry Fields, The Long and Winding Road, Eleanor Rigby, Sexy Sadie, and For No One have been always been hovering around the top.

The Beatles are awesome but they didn't really get going until Revolver, or maybe Rubber Soul at the earliest.

Well Rubber Soul and Revolver were both great albums, but my fav would have to be Abbey Road.
DAMN YOU YOKO!
Like Beatles, hate plastic ono band....... :whistle2:(

Let's put it this way:

The Walrus in my screen name stems from my other, more common screen name. That one starts with a variation of "I am the." :)

I'm not sure if you can really call them overrated, though. The influence that they had on music was so huge that they're almost worthy of all of the hyperbole they've received.

bread's done
Back