Do you own any PS1 longbox games?

I've come across a few in my searches, but alot of them were pretty crappy (Rise 2: Resurrection, WWF arcade) and one didn't have a game in it (Wipeout), but a couple weeks ago I managed to pick up Darkstalkers

Man I remember A-Train was my first PSX game. I don't even know why I bought it, I had never even heard of the series before then. Had quite a few limitations but it was a fun sim game. Too bad they don't bring over any other A-Train games like for 360

Still have Toshinden. It's worth it for the soundtrack. (Saturn version was better though - Cupido's theme was great)

[quote name='BigPopov']Still have Toshinden. It's worth it for the soundtrack. (Saturn version was better though - Cupido's theme was great)[/QUOTE]

The Saturn version was ugly as hell, but it did have a better story mode and Cupido. And yeah, her theme rocked. Intresting tidbit: the main character in Toshinden 4, Subaru Shinjo, is the son of Eiji and Cupido.

At this point I wouldn't really be playing Toshinden anyways, just kept it for the soundtrack. Should just rip it and get rid of it. Same with URA.

Knew about Subaru but didn't realize it was Cupidos.

I still have these long boxes in mint condition.

Resident Evil
Twisted Metal
Battle Arena Toshinden
Raiden Project
Warhawk
Road Rash
Need For Speed
Panzer General
Tekken

As I mentioned above, I'm currently collecting these. So far, I have:

Agile Warrior F-IIIX
Air Combat
Assault Rigs
Bases Loaded '96: Double Header
Battle Arena Toshinden
Cyber Sled
CyberSpeed
DarkStalkers: The Night Warriors
Defcon 5
Descent
Destruction Derby
Doom
ESPN / ESPN 2 Extreme Games
Extreme Pinball
Fade to Black
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
Gunship
Hardball 5
In The Hunt
International Track and Field
Jupiter Strike
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
King's Field
Krazy Ivan
Lemmings 3-D
Magic Carpet
MLBPA Bottom of the 9th
NBA In the Zone
NFL GameDay
NHL FaceOff
Novastorm
Off-World Interceptor Extreme
Panzer General
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Raiden Project, The
Ridge Racer
Rise 2: Resurrection
Road Rash
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Shellshock
Shockwave Assault
Skeleton Warriors
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Thunder Strike 2
Top Gun: Fire at Will!
Total Eclipse Turbo
VR Soccer '96
Warhawk
Williams Arcade Greatest Hits
Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger

I have:
Cyberspeed
Descent (I actually have 2 copies of this)
D
Doom
Jumping Flash!
Krazy Ivan
Loaded
Raiden Project
Return Fire
Warhawk
WipEout
X-COM: UFO Defense (the prize of my PS1 longbox collection)

I used to have Philosoma and Assault Rigs as well, but I sold them a few years back.

Last edited by a moderator:
According my notbook of games I own, in long boxes I have.

x-com
battle arena toshinden
rayman
doom
wipeout
defcon 5
espn 2
fade to black
return fire
magic carpet
alien trilogy
kilek dna imperative
cyberia
street fighter alpha
descent
jumping flash
resident evil
kings field
twisted metal
silverload
loaded
battle arena toshinden 2
ridge racer
warhawk
viewpoint
primal rage
mortal kombat 3
nhl faceoff
D
raiden project
tekken
po'ed

dayum at all the longboxes you guys have!

I have:

Battle Arena Toshinden
Street Fighter: The Movie
Theme Park
Ridge Racer
Doom

OMG, I came upon this thread and immediately went searching for my old PS1 collection, but I can't find it! I'm so vexed right now it's unbelievable...

I believe I had Assault Rigs, if that's the tank game set in a virtual reality world or whatever. God I hope I find my games around here... >;o

[quote name='Dazz']i just added Discworld to my collection of 3 longbox Psone games[/QUOTE]
What did you pay for it? It's a pretty rare game. When it came time to rebuy it (had it back in the day), I think I stupidly paid like $70 on eBay.

thanks to some folks here, on another forum I frequent, and some lucky eBay finds, I am down to needing about only 20 longbox games to complete the set. What I need is listed in the list in my sig, but what I have is:

A-Trian
Air Combat
Assault Rigs
Bases Loaded '96: Double Header
Battle Arena Toshinden
Battle Arena Toshinden 2
Brain Dead 13
College Slam
Critcom
Cyber Sled
CyberSpeed
Cyberia
D
DarkStalkers: The Night Warriors
Defcon 5
Descent
Destruction Derby
Doom
ESPN / ESPN 2 Extreme Games
Extreme Pinball
Fade to Black
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
Gex
Gunship
Hardball 5
Hi-Octane
In The Hunt
International Track and Field
Johnny Bazookatone
Jupiter Strike
Kileak: The DNA Imperative
King's Field
Lemmings 3-D
Loaded
Magic Carpet
MLBPA Bottom of the 9th
Mortal Kombat 3
NBA In the Zone
NBA Live 96
NBA Shootout
The Need for Speed
NFL GameDay
NHL FaceOff
Novastorm
Off-World Interceptor Extreme
Panzer General
Philosoma
PO'd
Power Serve 3D Tennis
Primal Rage
Raiden Project, The
Resident Evil
Return Fire
Revolution X
Ridge Racer
Rise 2: Resurrection
Road Rash
Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire
Shellshock
Shockwave Assault
Skeleton Warriors
Slam N' Jam '96
Space Griffon
Street Fighter Alpha: Warriors' Dreams
Thunder Strike 2
Top Gun: Fire at Will!
Total Eclipse Turbo
Triple Play 97
Twisted Metal
Viewpoint
VR Soccer '96
Warhawk
Wipeout
Williams Arcade Greatest Hits
X-Com UFO Defense
Zero Divide
Zoop

Pics:
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/dsheinem/COLLECTION/ps15.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/dsheinem/COLLECTION/ps16.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/dsheinem/COLLECTION/ps17.jpg
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/dsheinem/COLLECTION/ps18.jpg

arriving this week: Tekken, Discoworld, PGA Tour '96

Last edited by a moderator:
Just stumbled upon this thread , and it seems rather timely for me , since while I do currently have a decent size collection of longbox PS1 games , due to me trying to trim down my collection I'm considering selling/trading off most of them. Which is probably fine since most of them aren't really that good anyway.

Only one I refuse to let go is my copy of The Raiden Project. Not getting rid of that until someone finally releases some kind of new raiden game collection.

Some of you know I have been working on this for a while, and the last game (Silverload) arrived today!

Here it is in all its glory!

The full set (101 games):

lb1-1.jpg

lb2-1.jpg

lb3.jpg

Here are some of the rarer/cooler/more expensive titles:

lb4.jpg

lb5.jpg

lb6.jpg

lb7.jpg

It was a lot of fun to collect this set - a special thanks to anyone who may have traded/sold me a game or two here or there!

Thanks also to the owner of this great site/list: http://www.game-rave.com/psx/playstatio ... /index.htm (feel free to check my work
icon_smile.gif
)

[quote name='animalspinners']Just X-Com.

Got it at a pawn shop for $2![/QUOTE]

That's all you need. When I first got my PSX, my first three games were Street Fighter Alpha, X-Com, and King's Field. I was pretty happy.

Wow, I've never seen one like this. Are these available in the US? I see the wipeout one, I had that game, but I don't remember it having a long box... I was only 4, it might have come in one...
-Bretboy129 ~ Bret Hudson

I've got like 6, none of which are especially good games. I didn't know there were that many though, I don't remember ever seeing them in stores. Pretty cool having the full collection.

I wish I never sold my X-Com. I got it at a pawn for $4, then sold it for $50 when I needed $. I never found a complete one again, & ended up paying $20 for a disc only.

I don't remember when I got my X-Com, but I do know that I went into it with absolutely no clue as to what the game was about or how it played. I was very fortunate to have a friend who picked it up around the same time I did.

Man did we ever bore the hell out of people when we got together to discuss it. Of course boredom was revisited upon me 10-fold when my friends started playing Everquest and just wouldn't shut up about it.

At any rate. I loved the game. My friend and I each completed the game within about a week of each other, and had a blast throughout. I've tried the others on PC since then, but don't like any of them as much as the original. And now they're making an FPS...? Yeesh.

bread's done
Back