Do You Realize + Nissan = Injustice

Mr. Anderson

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
You know the song Do You Realize by The Flaming Lips that you've probably been hearing on that Nissan commercial? Well that commercial sucks. They just repeat the catchiest line in the song OVER AND OVER again. It's a great song that has a lot of meaning. I suggest you all rip it right now.

It's a Mitsubishi ad, genius. And seeing as the Flaming Lips have been around for like 20 years, and only got recognition of their brilliance as of about 3 years ago with their latest two albums, they could probably use a little cash. Besides, the same song was already used in a Gateway computers ad.

That Flaming Lips song is also played at Target all the time. But hey, if more people start liking them, its all good. Im not pissed at Volkswagon/Apple for using that Polyphonic spree song....Although the Shins in a Mcdonalds commercial does kinda bug me.

my personal favorite was the Modest Mouse/beer commercial. that fit so well, becuase im sure it was a product those guys could get behind. they probably sold the song for 3 cases.

[quote name='secretvampire']I find the girl "spazzing out" in the car in that one Mitsu commercial the most annoying thing ever. You know which one I'm talking about.[/quote]

Someone needs to do a parody of that commercial where they either a) make fun of her, b) knock her ass out , or c) open the door, put a foot to her side and show how great the shocks of the car are when they run her ass over

The artists got paid for all of these commercials, if you really need to be mad at someone about it, be mad at them. Personally, I don't care, if it means they can afford to make music that I like to hear. Jeez, the Flaming Lips played at the peach pit on 90210 back in the day, not much could be worse than that. It was funny though.

[quote name='fuchikoma']I find the use of Deltron 3030 in Mitsu's ad for their crappy little FWD econobox Lancers to be even more insulting.[/quote]

Well, luckily they only used the beat.. so I wasn't that insulted. (Deltron 3030 - awesome and creative album btw)

[quote name='jdpimp'][quote name='secretvampire']I find the girl "spazzing out" in the car in that one Mitsu commercial the most annoying thing ever. You know which one I'm talking about.[/quote]

Someone needs to do a parody of that commercial where they either a) make fun of her, b) knock her ass out , or c) open the door, put a foot to her side and show how great the shocks of the car are when they run her ass over[/quote]

Actually, an episode of Chappelles Show had a spoof where he kicked out the white girl and then was driving around with a girl bootyshakin in his face. Then they drove by psycho chick and splashed water on her from a puddle

[quote name='Wshakspear'][quote name='jdpimp'][quote name='secretvampire']I find the girl "spazzing out" in the car in that one Mitsu commercial the most annoying thing ever. You know which one I'm talking about.[/quote]

Someone needs to do a parody of that commercial where they either a) make fun of her, b) knock her ass out , or c) open the door, put a foot to her side and show how great the shocks of the car are when they run her ass over[/quote]

Actually, an episode of Chappelles Show had a spoof where he kicked out the white girl and then was driving around with a girl bootyshakin in his face. Then they drove by psycho chick and splashed water on her from a puddle[/quote]

nice.... I new there was a reason I should tivo the Chappelle show.

I'm actually tired of Ramen...I've bought so much of the stuff, that I do not want to see it anymore....now it's time for me to get a Chef, you know who I'm talking about...yep Boyardee it is.

Freakay, I ate 3 bowls of Ramen today (Shrimp, Beef, and Creamy Chicken) AND a bowl of Chef Boyardee (of the ravioli variety). Definetly a sign.

bread's done
Back