Do you smoke?

rabbitt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
After hearing a kid at my High School bragging to one of his female friends that he went around all night looking for cigs, it raised the question to me, 'Why do people think it is so cool to smoke?' Maybe you guys can help me figure this one out, but I am more interested in finding out how many of you cheapasses smoke. It must be hard to be cheap and spend $3 to inhale and exhale smoke...

Smoking is bullshit. Go ahead and make your claims that it relaxes you or some shit, but realize that there are plenty of other ways to relax that don't eventually kill you. And if anyone wants to contest that fact, I'll have you know that my mom died of cancer caused by smoking a few years ago. Smokers who brag about smoking can fucking eat my fucking ass.

ive smoked cigs and they are just nasty, if you think about the shit going into you and still want to smoke, smoke some kind of herb that wont do anything but kill brain cells and make you high

One Word: No. Oh and about the part of relaxing, why don't they pull up a good game and play for a while. So much better for your health. :)

[quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='punqsux']cheap asses dont smoke[/quote]

Exactly right punqsux.[/quote]

yep, that's an expensive habit.

the crazy world commericals really get some truth across, all cigs are is the only legal drug.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='punqsux']cheap asses dont smoke[/quote]

the crazy world commericals really get some truth across, all cigs are is the only legal drug.[/quote]

not true, alcohol is another legal and widley abused drug.
thing is tho, smoking is socially acceptable, and for the most part drinking isnt unless youre at a designated drinking place (party, house, bar, sporting event)

someone walking dont the street smoking is "relieving stress", someone walking down the street drinking is a drunk.

both are junkies ^^

^^^^

yeah, drinking is a prob, my city has been alcohol free up until last month. alcohol is at least not going to directly harm others unless your drunk. it also isn't made up of a tons of crap like cigs are, but they both are bad.

[quote name='"fireball343"']^^^^

...alcohol is at least not going to directly harm others unless your drunk... quote]

When it rains, it pours. And by that I mean that it seems hard for most people to drink just one beer.

i smoke cancer sticks. i got influenced to, and now im addicted at the age of 15 :D jk, you cant be addicted. but i crave for it, so does that make me one?

[quote name='mousin']i smoke cancer sticks. i got influenced to, and now im addicted at the age of 15 :D jk, you cant be addicted. but i crave for it, so does that make me one?[/quote]

I have no idea what this means. Is he addicted, does he believe you can't be addicted? What is going on??

hahahha sorry i just woke up from that message, i started smokeing because i wanted to try it, so i got my friends to do it. after a few months i got addicted.. well i needed to smoke to feel good.

[quote name='fireball343'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='punqsux']cheap asses dont smoke[/quote]

the crazy world commericals really get some truth across, all cigs are is the only legal drug.[/quote]

Yea.. the only legal drug as long as you don't count caffeine, alchohol, aspirin, tylenol, everything sold in your pharmacy (over the counter and prescription).. etc, etc.

And to everyone that bitches about people smoking... if you have a problem with smoking.. then fine, but get off your goddamn high horse. Unless you never eat fast food, excercise daily, always drive with your hands at 10 & 2, never engage in possibly dangerous sexual behavior and never drink a drop of alchohol.. fuck you.

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='fireball343'][quote name='hiccupleftovers'][quote name='punqsux']cheap asses dont smoke[/quote]

Yea.. the only legal drug as long as you don't count caffeine, alchohol, aspirin, tylenol, everything sold in your pharmacy (over the counter and prescription).. etc, etc.

And to everyone that bitches about people smoking... if you have a problem with smoking.. then fine, but get off your goddamn high horse. Unless you never eat fast food, excercise daily, always drive with your hands at 10 & 2, never engage in possibly dangerous sexual behavior and never drink a drop of alchohol.. shaq-fu you.[/quote]

I agree. Its like that tolerance episode of South Park, everyone hates smokers now. Personally, I don't smoke, but I don't go around yelling at everyone who does.

And Mousin. Cigarettes are one of the most addictive drugs out there. They actually have a higher addiction rate than cocaine does and some people say they are as or more addictive than heroin and other opiates. Trying to convince yourself that smoking is not addictive, is just stupid.

And whoever said that smoking is more acceptable than drinking is an idiot. While it may be true that being addicted to cigarettes is more acceptable than being an alcoholic, a lot more people drink than smoke. Just look at all of the places that are banning smoking around the country.

[quote name='trustcompany1013']smoking is a complete waste of time, money and a healthy body.....drinking when you're not thirsty is just retarded.....'nuff said[/quote]

True, though I care more about the money and time than the healthy body.

high schoolers smoke cause it makes them look thuggish and older (because they're most likely under 18). Some of them smoke to be accepted in a certain group. When when they're actually old enough to buy cigarettes, they smoke weed instead to keep that appearance.

I don't smoke personally, but I like to drink :)

Quit about 4 years ago and its one of the best things I've ever done for myself.
Anyone who hasn't been a regular smoker can't even begin to comprehend how hard it is to give it up.

[quote name='Odenat']atleast no one has posted the ole "I only smoke when I drink" line.[/quote]

People who say that are always alcoholics.

i pay 1.50 a pack for marlboro lights and if u wanna know why i smoke i think it is for self reflection. I do alot of thinking and plan making while i smoke and do not smoke inside so the place doesnt get all smoky and smelly and nasty. it really helps reflect and makes me believe i am doing something productive. probably the chemicals fucking with my head. Also when i drink i smoke 10 times more than ussual. just enhances the experience. its all addiction, and needing to do something with my hands at this point. Oh and the crack is just too damn tasty

[quote name='Tromack']
And whoever said that smoking is more acceptable than drinking is an idiot. While it may be true that being addicted to cigarettes is more acceptable than being an alcoholic, a lot more people drink than smoke. Just look at all of the places that are banning smoking around the country.[/quote]

that would be me. i never said more people were smokers, so dont imply i did. places are banning smoking because its a health hazard. 2nd hand smoke is more dangerous than actully smoking and people who dont smoke shouldnt be punished fo wanting to be somewhere just because someone smokes.

i await your reply.
idiot.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='Tromack']
And whoever said that smoking is more acceptable than drinking is an idiot. While it may be true that being addicted to cigarettes is more acceptable than being an alcoholic, a lot more people drink than smoke. Just look at all of the places that are banning smoking around the country.[/quote]

that would be me. i never said more people were smokers, so dont imply i did. places are banning smoking because its a health hazard. 2nd hand smoke is more dangerous than actully smoking and people who dont smoke shouldnt be punished fo wanting to be somewhere just because someone smokes.

i await your reply.
idiot.[/quote]

So if 2nd hand smoke constitutes such a health risk that smoking is being banned, why is it more acceptable than drinking? You haven't stated anything to contradict what I said. You only offered up a flimsy excuse. I believe that smoking is banned in most public places because non-smokers don't like breathing in smoke when they expect clean air.

[quote name='Tromack'] I believe that smoking is banned in most public places because non-smokers don't like breathing in smoke when they expect clean air.[/quote]

well looks like we're on the same page there.

smoking is more socially acceptable than drinking because it is perceived as less dangerous.

no one smokes 3 packs and kills people in a car accident from being intoxicated with cigarettes.

[quote name='fireball343']^^^^

yeah, drinking is a prob, my city has been alcohol free up until last month. alcohol is at least not going to directly harm others unless your drunk. it also isn't made up of a tons of crap like cigs are, but they both are bad.[/quote]

They both are bad???

How is having one or two light beers at a backyard barbeque bad? How is enjoying the flavor of a delicate Merlot bad? If you are a religious freak, then remember that your hero Jesus turned WINE into blood, thats the same wine that you are bashing as being bad because it is alcohol.

Live a little. I am so sick of everyone throwing out freedoms because they want to "be safe" or railing against this and that because "god doesn't like it" or " it's not in the bible" or "smoke smells bad"

Sac it up and ride - like Will Wallace said "Every man dies, not every man truly lives!!"

[quote name='rabbitt']After hearing a kid at my High School bragging to one of his female friends that he went around all night looking for cigs, it raised the question to me, 'Why do people think it is so cool to smoke?' Maybe you guys can help me figure this one out, but I am more interested in finding out how many of you cheapasses smoke. It must be hard to be cheap and spend $3 to inhale and exhale smoke...[/quote]

Holf fuck!? 3 dollars? Where.... here a packs llike 5

[quote name='uncbaseballfreak']I think you mean water into wine. Jesus turned water into wine.[/quote]

take it easy on him, he's clearly drunk :wink:

[quote name='camoor']remember that your hero Jesus turned WINE into blood, thats the same wine that you are bashing as being bad because it is alcohol.
[/quote]

That's got to be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about alcohol not being bad, but still that is just laugh out loud dumb and plus as uncbaseballfreak pointed out you got the reference wrong.

No one's throwing out your freedoms, unless fireball happens to be the mayor of your town. That's just his opinion, doesn't mean you have to bring religion into this because you disagree with it.

Back on topic, I quit smoking a few years ago, but I still get a hell of a lot of 2nd hand from my housemates who pretty much all smoke.

just a note to all the potheads out there that are under the impression that all weed does is kill brain cells and get you high... not quite so it has been proven that a joint has about as much tar as 4 or 5 cigs I can't remember which

bread's done
Back