Do You Think Micro$oft Will Change Xbox Next To Prevent Using XBC??

deathcabforcutie

CAGiversary!
i was wondering about everyones thought on this.. with the new microsoft system coming out in a little over a year probably, i was wondering if anyone thinks they will make a change to the next system so you can't use xbox connect anymore? i'm pretty sure they will keep the lan features, cuz its so popular, but im guessing they could probably insert some sort of security features that would MAKE the system detect its really another box on the end instead of tunneling through a computer first? i know it sounds like a lot of though for a question microsoft would seemingly care nothing about.. but you know how they are about there money and i can testify personally xbc is the only thing keeping me from subscribing to live to begin with...

There's always a way to go around it. If XBox Next has LAN support, XBConnect 2 will be there.. but I won't. I love live and its lag free gameplay.

[quote name='Scorch']There's always a way to go around it. If XBox Next has LAN support, XBConnect 2 will be there.. but I won't. I love live and its lag free gameplay.[/quote]

I think it's great too. I don't think you see that many people on there who are using it because they're too cheap for Live, I think the people are on there for games that aren't supported by Live (Halo). I also don't think MS is that concerned with it.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Yeah Live makes that sort of thing almost completely useless.[/quote]
Well, unless the game supports LAN games and not Live, like the orginal Halo (though it would be easer to get the PC version).

I don't think they really do because it's not a threat.

What completely and utterly pisses me off is that they removed LAN support for THUG2. They wanted to disable playing it online in any way shape or form on the XBox.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']Yeah Live makes that sort of thing almost completely useless.[/quote]

Unless you're someone who doesn't want to pay for LIVE.

With relation to XBConnect and Live, it comes down to getting what you pay for. Your paying for quality with Live, XBC is great for lan only games but the lag is just horrendous.

the will just tell developers to increase the packet sizes for lan transmissions since to be optimal for a 10mbit LAN, so using broadband will lag like there is no tomorrow.

[quote name='Doom Gaze']I have a modded console, and the only way for me to play is on XBC.

So there's that.[/quote]

You could unmod what ever you have, and re mod it with a chip with an on\off switch to play

Unless you're someone who doesn't want to pay for LIVE
I don't see how anyone can honestly complain about paying for XBL. You're getting quality, and its costing you $3.50 a month (2.50 through Defender's deal), no more than the cost of a game for 1 year. This isn't like $19.99 a month or $9.99 a month, or even $4.99 a month. Besides, with all the free 2 month trial codes, you could play for over a year without paying a dime.

I think we've already seen less system link supported games because of this. They might try something to make it more difficult, but I think their main focus in this area is to stop modding. Increasing the packet size is the only thing I see them doing, short of eliminating system link entirely (they won't).

I have a modded console, and the only way for me to play is on XBC.
I've had a soft-modded XBL for over a year with Live and never had a problem. Just be careful. I'm actually considering having one Xbox entirely devoted to being modded, running media center and emu's, and a new one for XBL. The drive is failing on mine so this'll be a practical use for it.

bread's done
Back