Do you think the Big Boss Pack will go up in value?

tcatsninfan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, OK, I don't typically buy "collectible" things and then wait awhile and sell them, but this Big Boss Pack has got me wondering.

I have the pack preordered at Gamestop and will be picking it up tomorrow, but I'm wondering if I should leave it unopened and try to sell it online somewhere. eBay only has one listing for it right now and it's in Australian dollars. I don't think Amazon will let me list it because it's a Gamestop exclusive--they definitely don't have a listing for it yet.

What are your thoughts? Do you think it'll go up in value, or do you think I'd only be able to sell it for about the same price I buy it for tomorrow?

You'll probably see a spike in cost for it over the next few weeks, but I can't imagine the profit would be enough for the work and risk involved - especially after taking into account fees for selling.

Prices will probably go up again around the time that MGS Rising comes out, but again, who's to say.

I doubt it. These special editions only previously commanded a premium because they were Japan exclusive, so people had to import them. Look at the PS3 MGS4 special edition, Konami had to discount that heavily and offer it at Amazon and Walmart after a couple of months and they still didn't sell out for a while.

You have to factor demand for it. If you indeed go the flipping route, I think the best time to try to sell it is between 1-2 weeks after its release AND its OOS. The demand frenzy should have peaked by then and you could easily sell it and make some profit out of it.

if you are looking to offload it i will happily buy it from you as gamestop stopped puuting them for pre order yesterday :(

Unless it's REALLY limited (like the God of War 3 chest) it won't go up in value. Some people may pay top prices for the Monster Hunter PSPs but thats because they were Japanese only.

I don't think it'll drop in value but there seems to be more of these limited editions than people think. Barnes and Nobles has it online but I dunno if it's in stock or they just didn't change it after it went OOS.

At the highest, Ebay had them going for like $280ish. Now it's definately lower. The sellers must be getting the money back they spent on the big boss bundle and that's it. Going for like $230 or so and with fees/shipping it's a loss or they're breaking even. Maybe in christmas time or later the sealed bundles may go up but only time will tell.

Just as a heads up to you CAG guys, I've listed my Big Boss Pack on Amazon. It's used but I only played it for about 10 hours...a lot of things have happened to me lately and I just don't have time to play games that much anymore. I thought I should go ahead and sell the PSP before the battery sits around too long and goes bad.

The only original part of the bundle that isn't included is the 2012 movie voucher. I've got it listed at $249.99 but I'm also including a larger carrying case and UMD copies of games like LocoRoco 2, GTA: Vice City Stories, and Every Extend Extra. There will probably be a couple more games thrown in, I just can't remember what they are right offhand. PM me if you're interested and I can get you a full list.

You should be able to view the listing here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...79680309&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=used

bread's done
Back