Do you think there will be another price drop for PS3 for upcoming Black Friday?

[quote name='jrsmaster411']Are you referring to my post? I think everything I said was true. It sounds to me like your just attacking anyone whos opinion is different from your own, I gave the best advice for his specific situation and answered his question the best. Take a look at what the op asked and what I answered then tell me what I did wrong so I can be praised by the great Malik who's opinions must be heard[/QUOTE]

are you referring to this post?

If the only reason your getting a next gen console is for tekken 6 then you have to go with a ps3. Better D-Pad makes every fighting game instantly better on the PS3, free online and the whole point of figting games is competition. Most people who own both consoles buy their fighting games on the ps3 so you'll have more people to play with, just look at the sales of any multi platorm fighting game, they sell better on the ps3 despite the 8 millions smaller install base. And lastly, you'll get the better competition, due to the ps3s success in Japan and the japaneses insane skills in fighting games, plus all those fighting game tournaments are held on ps3s so it's what all the pros play on.

About 97% of that was pulled directly from your sigmoid colon.

[quote name='Malik112099']About 97% of that was pulled directly from your sigmoid colon.[/QUOTE]

notice how you attack and name call but not once have you actually done the productive thing of actually pointing out what's wrong. PS3 has a smaller install base - true. Better D-Pad- 90% would agree, Better sales for fighting games - check the sales for blazblue, kofXII, or SF4 and you'll see that's also true. Free online - that's true. PS3 is doing well in japan - it's out sold the 360 by about 3 times. The last big Professional competition was held on the ps3. plz enlighten me on what's untrue from my post cause no matter how hard I try, I can't find it

To answer the original question, there is no way in hell Sony is dropping the price again anytime this year. The 360 "price drop" is a mail in rebate, you still pay 300 bucks at the point of sale. The reason rebates work is because a vast majority of people don't send them in, just because most people on here are vigilant to that stuff, J6P is not and will not cash in their rebates.

I garuantee there will be no sale or price drop for black friday...299 is what it is. You will see deals at best buy such as 'Buy a Sony Bravia 1080P get a PS3 SLIM...."

Thats about it, no solo price drop - if you want a cheap PS3 Slim get the DELL Deal which drops it to 270 or so with 2 day shipping, BING CashBack might add some more to the savings...Think about the fact that you need a 40-50 Dollar GOLD Membership if you buy the Xbox 360.... which brings it back so 300 bucks, no wifi or blu ray...JUST SAYING. 360 is still good tho!

[quote name='Malik112099']About 97% of that was pulled directly from your sigmoid colon.[/QUOTE]

You must be an Xbot if you honestly think the 360 d-pad is better than the PS3's. If he gets Tekken 6, he will want a PS3 (for the controller), simple as that.

EDIT: and jrsmaster411 just proved his points while you continue to look like a fool :)

[quote name='jrsmaster411']plz enlighten me on what's untrue from my post cause no matter how hard I try, I can't find it[/QUOTE]

How about the part where stating that the D-Pad makes every fighting game instantly better on the PS3? The only thing that would make a fighter better on a system (besides one having the better port) would be the online community (which at least you mentioned). While I'm not sure how that is for fighting games on the PS3, I do know that the PSN is pretty lackluster in terms of overall quality; the best experience I've had with it was the Uncharted 2 beta.

And if you want to approach it from a pro-perspective, anyone who's worth their weight in terms of fighters games on a stick anyways, and there will be good competition on either platform, even if "threr r crzy azian proz on teh pz3!"

Malik is a cock, but he isn't wrong about the fanboyism; while it does occur on both sides of the fence, you won't see anyone on the Xbox side trying to defend anything as horrible as Home.

You guys can't try to dissuade the OP about having to pay retail for Live and all his Xbox accessories, especially not on a site dedicated to doing just the opposite. The OP could find a larger hard-drive or a wireless adapter for cheap if he tried (and that's if he even needs them).

To those who said go based on the games, I applaud you; the OP should see what exclusives he likes more and make his decision based upon that. The only other thing I'd add is if the OP has a HDTV and does a fair amount of movie watching, Blu-Ray is definitely something to consider.

And on a final note, to whoever suggested that someone who doesn't game on the PC is a casual player, I say lol to you sir.

[quote name='Malik112099']im talking about just on this forum. The majority of people on the 360 and PC forum dont suck their respective machine's dick NEAR as much as the PS3 folks over here face pleasure Sony. Don't get me wrong, I have both systems but the Sony Defense Force is like the Fox News of the video game world.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause: You'd swear that the Folding @ Home program that Sony's PS3 is helping has already cured cancer the way some folks praise the fuckin' thing.

If not for the hardware issues, I would've actually been a 360 owner this gen, since most of the shit I've wanted to play has been multiplatform anyway and the few that weren't I could've always just played on my friends' families PS3(after pointing out to them a sale/deal on it).

[quote name='SynGamer']Yet if a PS3 owner tries to defend the console and offers up better reliability and games as a reason, they are now on the defense squad?[/QUOTE]
Yes, that's basically how it works most of the time.

[quote name='Malik112099']It is sickening the amount of blatant fanboyism that occurs in the PS3 forums on this site.[/QUOTE]

Pot meet kettle.

[quote name='lolwut?']How about the part where stating that the D-Pad makes every fighting game instantly better on the PS3? The only thing that would make a fighter better on a system (besides one having the better port) would be the online community (which at least you mentioned). While I'm not sure how that is for fighting games on the PS3, I do know that the PSN is pretty lackluster in terms of overall quality; the best experience I've had with it was the Uncharted 2 beta.

And if you want to approach it from a pro-perspective, anyone who's worth their weight in terms of fighters games on a stick anyways, and there will be good competition on either platform, even if "threr r crzy azian proz on teh pz3!"

Malik is a cock, but he isn't wrong about the fanboyism; while it does occur on both sides of the fence, you won't see anyone on the Xbox side trying to defend anything as horrible as Home.

You guys can't try to dissuade the OP about having to pay retail for Live and all his Xbox accessories, especially not on a site dedicated to doing just the opposite. The OP could find a larger hard-drive or a wireless adapter for cheap if he tried (and that's if he even needs them).

To those who said go based on the games, I applaud you; the OP should see what exclusives he likes more and make his decision based upon that. The only other thing I'd add is if the OP has a HDTV and does a fair amount of movie watching, Blu-Ray is definitely something to consider.

And on a final note, to whoever suggested that someone who doesn't game on the PC is a casual player, I say lol to you sir.[/QUOTE]
If all games are equal on both consoles which it seems like all fighting games have been up till now then yes d-pad is the major difference and it is a big difference when it comes to fighting games. Xbox live is very overrated when it comes to quality. PSN is like a 9 and xbox live is a 10, your getting great online play either way. PSN has came a long way and your basically paying 50 bucks for cross game chat. Applauding people who said look at exclusives, you can take that up with the op cause all I did was answer his question. I'm not mentioning blu-ray or wifi I'm talking about what he asked so at the end of the day would you recommend him buying a 360 over a ps3 if he wants tekken 6? All you guys are doing is bashing me for answering his question while you go off topic with home and blu-ray and other stuff but at the end of the day my advice has been the best so far for his circumstance. Only one person has actually gone against my advice and suggested the 360 and he didn't even give a reason.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']WALL-O-TEXT[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure they are all equal; I know 360 got the better port for SFIV, but I'm not sure about BlazBlue or whatever else. Virtua Fighter was better on 360 though, amirite?

XBL isn't overrated, but I'm not singing it's praises to begin with (you gave it a perfect 10 though). PSN came a long way from what, being garbage? I haven't used it before the end of 2008, but it's download speeds are pretty bad, getting connected to games is slow, and their shop interface is rather mediocre IMO.

How is it off-topic to help the OP decide on a system. He said one of his big draws to PS3 was Tekken 6, sure, but does that mean he didn't care about anything else? In fact, I'd say it's quite the opposite, as he was saying that his main reason (Tekken 6) is now a moot point as it's coming to both, and he's even more open to suggestions.

And would I reccomend him to get a 360 at the end of the day if he wants Tekken 6? Sure I would. If he was more serious about game playing, I'd tell him to go for 360 regardless of the game, because in terms of strictly gaming, I believe 360 is the way to go. The D-Pad might not be so great for the 360 controller, but it's not like you only have the OEM 360 pad to choose from. Doesn't Tekken 6 itself have a bundle with a fightstick? Problem solved right there.

The worst part about your posts is you assume that what you've said is better than everyone elses comments, which is extremely lolworthy, as is the fact that you thought I was out to bash you, when I was simply responding to your flawed arguement, a response you yourself said you were looking for.

[quote name='Malik112099']It is sickening the amount of blatant fanboyism that occurs in the PS3 forums on this site.[/QUOTE]The funny thing is that you've contributed to it, in this very thread. It's just that you've contributed 360 fanboyism.

You said it was moot that a lot of the best 360 games are also on PC, there's a prime example right there. It's an extremely valid point, if a person has a gaming PC then the choice between 360 and ps3 shifts towards ps3 a great deal. What are the true 360 exclusives anyways? Gears 2 and Halo 3?

I consider mass effect to be the best 360 game, but it's also on PC. If a person has a gaming PC, Mass Effect is no longer part of the reason for a person to get a 360. It's an valid point and you swept it right under the rug.

And I think the fact that I've become a sony fanboy after a week of ownership really just speaks to the quality of the ps3.

[quote name='Malik112099']It is sickening the amount of blatant fanboyism that occurs in the PS3 forums on this site.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, how did this thread whose single purpose is to ask a simple question turn into a flame war?

No one forces you to read all these posts and then get so emotionally involved to post above AND THEN continue to try and prove your point. Unless you enjoy wasting your time looking at material that you find "objectionable" -- in which case, knock yourself out.

And to your point: The PS3 has been the laughing stock of this generation (and largely rightfully so). And now that the system is actually seeing a turn around of fortune (both in sales and in the PR spin by the media) it's understandable that the earliest adapters should feel vindicated to a degree. Are some fans way too enthusiastic? Absolutely. But do you go around to everyone who really cares about football, baseball, NASCAR, etc. and telling them to "STOP WITH YOUR FANBOI BEHAVIOR?!"

PLEASE point out my fanboyism. In this thread I have only stated/agreed that it should be based on games. I call out the people pulling "numbers" and "facts" out of their asses without a source other than the stench of fanboyism left over after reading their finger diarrhea. The funny part is instead of proving me wrong with sources and facts, they just reach deeper into their asses and then other fanboys go "hahahah he just proved his point!" when all they did was smear their shit a different way on the wall stood back and then said "SEE!?!" with a big dumb smile on their face.

[quote name='lolwut?']I'm not sure they are all equal; I know 360 got the better port for SFIV, but I'm not sure about BlazBlue or whatever else. Virtua Fighter was better on 360 though, amirite?

XBL isn't overrated, but I'm not singing it's praises to begin with (you gave it a perfect 10 though). PSN came a long way from what, being garbage? I haven't used it before the end of 2008, but it's download speeds are pretty bad, getting connected to games is slow, and their shop interface is rather mediocre IMO.

How is it off-topic to help the OP decide on a system. He said one of his big draws to PS3 was Tekken 6, sure, but does that mean he didn't care about anything else? In fact, I'd say it's quite the opposite, as he was saying that his main reason (Tekken 6) is now a moot point as it's coming to both, and he's even more open to suggestions.

And would I reccomend him to get a 360 at the end of the day if he wants Tekken 6? Sure I would. If he was more serious about game playing, I'd tell him to go for 360 regardless of the game, because in terms of strictly gaming, I believe 360 is the way to go. The D-Pad might not be so great for the 360 controller, but it's not like you only have the OEM 360 pad to choose from. Doesn't Tekken 6 itself have a bundle with a fightstick? Problem solved right there.

The worst part about your posts is you assume that what you've said is better than everyone elses comments, which is extremely lolworthy, as is the fact that you thought I was out to bash you, when I was simply responding to your flawed arguement, a response you yourself said you were looking for.[/QUOTE]
Great problem solving skills. Buy a $150 version of the game, problem solved. The whole reason the op was even thinking of choosing the 360 over ps3 was because of a 50 dollar rebate but he would now have to pay 150 for a better control and the 50 bucks for live so 360 + live + tekken 6 bundle = $450, Ps3 + tekken 6 = $360.

SFIV was equal on both consoles, it's just some people look at it pixel by pixel and see a minor difference then fanboys run with it. Virtua Fighter did have online play on the 360 that's true but I don't know how that is on topic when talking about tekken 6. What is slightly on topic is that Tekken 5 online is a Ps3 exclusive.

I think Malik was asking for game sales, you can find them on vgchartz.com I don't think anyone called you a fanboy. What you are is a troll.

[quote name='jrsmaster411']i think malik was asking for game sales, you can find them on vgchartz.com[/quote]

haahhahahahhahhaahahhahahhah!!

[quote name='Ecofreak']Seriously, how did this thread whose single purpose is to ask a simple question turn into a flame war?

And to your point: The PS3 has been the laughing stock of this generation (and largely rightfully so). And now that the system is actually seeing a turn around of fortune (both in sales and in the PR spin by the media) it's understandable that the earliest adapters should feel vindicated to a degree. Are some fans way too enthusiastic? Absolutely. But do you go around to everyone who really cares about football, baseball, NASCAR, etc. and telling them to "STOP WITH YOUR FANBOI BEHAVIOR?!"[/QUOTE]

Way to post the very shit you are complaining about in your post complaining about shit.

What justifies when some of you say, "360 has better games than ps3"? Just about all the games are multiplatform with the obvious exception of sony and ms. And dont mention so-called "exclusives" either...We all know MS may get it first, but after a year it gets ported to ps3 with more added features.)

MS has Halo and....Halo, while PS3 has Uncharted, Ratchet, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, The Last Guardian, Heavenly Sword and plenty more fresh IP and exciting sequels.

And like others have said, Live costs 50 bucks, plus $80 network adaptor, $20 play and charge kit etc. And no bonus blu rayu player either.

[quote name='limelight022']What justifies when some of you say, "360 has better games than ps3"? Just about all the games are multiplatform with the obvious exception of sony and ms. And dont mention so-called "exclusives" either...We all know MS may get it first, but after a year it gets ported to ps3 with more added features.)

MS has Halo and....Halo, while PS3 has Uncharted, Ratchet, God of War, LittleBigPlanet, ModNation Racers, The Last Guardian, Heavenly Sword and plenty more fresh IP and exciting sequels.

And like others have said, Live costs 50 bucks, plus $80 network adaptor, $20 play and charge kit etc. And no bonus blu rayu player either.[/QUOTE]

Now this ladies and gent is a fanboy. MS may rely heavily on Halo, but they also have Gears, Forza, Fable, and Mass Effect. As others have pointed out, the OP needs to decide what exclusives they want most and get that system.

Can someone change the topic of this thread to something more reflective of its contents... I'm thinking something to the effect of:
funny-dog-pictures-loldogs-wharrgarbl.jpg

[quote name='jrsmaster411']Great problem solving skills. Buy a $150 version of the game, problem solved. The whole reason the op was even thinking of choosing the 360 over ps3 was because of a 50 dollar rebate but he would now have to pay 150 for a better control and the 50 bucks for live so 360 + live + tekken 6 bundle = $450, Ps3 + tekken 6 = $360.

SFIV was equal on both consoles, it's just some people look at it pixel by pixel and see a minor difference then fanboys run with it. Virtua Fighter did have online play on the 360 that's true but I don't know how that is on topic when talking about tekken 6. What is slightly on topic is that Tekken 5 online is a Ps3 exclusive.[/QUOTE]

Almost as good as saying a d-pad is a major reason for buying a console. He wouldn't have to pay $150 for better control. Again, you're talking about paying retail on CAG. Why do you fail so hard?

And it's not equal; it may not be a major difference, but it's noteworthy nonetheless. You're the one who brought up all fighting games and said they are all instantly better on the PS3 because of the D-Pad.

Seriously, I don't even understand why people use d-pads for fighters. It's not hard to do the same exact moves with the analog stick (I actually prefer it).

[quote name='lolwut?']Almost as good as saying a d-pad is a major reason for buying a console. He wouldn't have to pay $150 for better control. Again, you're talking about paying retail on CAG. Why do you fail so hard?

And it's not equal; it may not be a major difference, but it's noteworthy nonetheless. You're the one who brought up all fighting games and said they are all instantly better on the PS3 because of the D-Pad.

Seriously, I don't even understand why people use d-pads for fighters. It's not hard to do the same exact moves with the analog stick (I actually prefer it).[/QUOTE]
I'm gonna end this right here. Your absolutely right about everything. I'm sorry for trying to help a cag out. Now hopefully lolwut? can sleep at night.

[quote name='Salamando3000']To the OP, here's what I'd suggest. Get a pen and paper, browse IGN or metacritic or whatever, and make a list of games you want to buy for each system. Then factor in console differences, such as Blu Ray on one, Netflix on the other, etc. Become as well-informed about the consoles as you can. Then make your own decision, instead of relying on random internet people.[/QUOTE]Korn4004, this is the answer to your question. Now can you please close this thread before more flamage occurs?

Thumbs up for your suggestion blade, its kinda though its still kinda difficult for your final decision, but still hoping there will be price drop. :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Now this ladies and gent is a fanboy. MS may rely heavily on Halo, but they also have Gears, Forza, Fable, and Mass Effect. As others have pointed out, the OP needs to decide what exclusives they want most and get that system.[/QUOTE]

lets see. PC for Gears. PC for Fable. and PC for Mass Effect. Forza is nowhere near as good as Turn 10 hypes it up to be and Halo is a failure as a FPS with it's claim to fame being that it was the first CONSOLE FPS to have a good control scheme. The 360 is a poor man's pc except without the benefit of being able to upgrade it without being bent over by the cock of Microsoft.

Then again I don't like Halo or Gears as I've been predominantly a PC style shooter so those always appeared neutered to me

Guys, guys guys. What is up with SOME of this 'my console can beat up your console'? I see enough of that on n4g.com and have been praising cag for having less of that garbage.

The prices will probably come down more next year but not anymore this year. I had a 360 from the day they came out and it died on me this past weekend. I was going to get a new 360 but I always liked the ps3 but like alot of people it cost to much. So i took my 360 games to trade them in and came out with a ps3 and i like it so far.

A real deal seller and sony should do this for black friday is release a slim bundle with the first and 2nd uncharted with a bluetooth headset. People would murder strangers for this.

Nope... Sony will not drop the price, esp. with the new incoming 250giger for $350... The PS3 at a price of $299 is pretty solid...

...I mean, it's only hurting the overpriced PSP Go!

It isn't going to drop any further than 299.99 this year. You might find it pair with some type of game for an extra 20-30 dollars but that is about it (guessing based on last year deals).

There would be no need for a price drop, if the sales are up and the have a new SKU coming there is no need. Now if sales dropped harshly, there could be a chance but i wouldn't be suprised to see a bundle this year with the $299 PS3.

That would be cool but Sony is already selling a lot of ps3's. Like everyone said, probably a new sku. MW2 bundle would be cool.

bread's done
Back