Do you want a Nintendo Racing Sim?

Scrubking

CAGiversary!
I'm not hardcore, but I'm a racing fan and I love Gran Turismo. Now that I have a Wii instead of a PS3 (where GT lives), I'm wondering if anyone else wants a racing sim from Nintendo as much as I do. No karts or franchise characters - just straight up racing on real tracks with real cars and the Wiimote.

No, it wouldn't be "fun" enough. Nintendo has to make a game that usually had a wide apeal. Lots of people don't like real life race sims.

And I don't think the Wii has the horse power to put out a good one.

Nah, I prefer my racers in arcadey style. But seeing a quality racing sim on the system would be good. Maybe Sega would bring Sega GT over and make it, you know, good.

If its ANYTHING like Gran Turismo - NO.

I play racing games to DRIVE FAST.
If I want to "drive a realistic car", I'll go out to my driveway.

In my opinion: Burnout/Excitetruck > Gran Turismo.

I think Nintendo should stick with the Mario Kart/Excite series in terms of racing/driving and focus on creating new IPs for the Wii.

Not really. The Wii isn't really designed to handle the graphical outputs that you average gearhead would want for their racer. I'm perfectly okay with only getting arcade-y racers on the Wii.

something along the lines of nfs hot pursuit 2 or even nfs porsche would just kick ass. i haven't liked the nfs series since hp2 and a racer that wasn't lame on the wii would rock.

From Nintendo themselves...no. For a third party to try one on Wii, I would like to see it but I don't know if it would work well. Nintendo needs to make a Mario Kart and Fzero. Then a sim would be the last thing on my mind.

[quote name='furyk']Not really. The Wii isn't really designed to handle the graphical outputs that you average gearhead would want for their racer. I'm perfectly okay with only getting arcade-y racers on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

What? IF the PS2 can have GT4 then the Wii can be just as good or better. Why do people consistently portray the Wii as less capable than a PS2?

If I want to "drive a realistic car", I'll go out to my driveway.

Yeah, but you don't have a 200mph pro race car in your driveway. :roll:

[quote name='Scrubking']What? IF the PS2 can have GT4 then the Wii can be just as good or better. Why do people consistently portray the Wii as less capable than a PS2?[/QUOTE]

Well, to be fair, GT4 could output in 1080i. It's arguable whether actual gameplay was that graphically enhanced, but it was a good looking game, nonetheless.

I'd vote "No", though, because I prefer my racing to be fun instead of tediously accurate to the point of frustration like most F1, Champ, and GT series games. There's a reason the best drivers in the world are behind the wheels in those cars, and I'm not one of them. My patience gets thrown away with the wrapper when I purchase a 'game' for $50.

I enjoy racing games but just don't know if I could get into something like gran turismo or forza or even a pgr type game on the wii. What i want is Point Blank and Police Trainer - woohoo!!

bread's done
Back