Do you want these? update auction ends tonight Update: 10 min left!!!!!!!!!!

cag1000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
54 (100%)
What i have here is a set of MSDN Beta development tools i believe. This was part of a very expensive subscription service through Microsoft. I don't know much about them or what they could be worth if anything but maybe you guys could provide info or value. I'm looking to sell or trade these so you can post or PM me if interested. There are at least 120 disks in this collection. I'm not gonna list them all but here are some that peak my interest. Back Office Server 4.5 Developer Edition Disk 1-7. Windows Codename "Whistler" Advanced Server Beta 1........it goes on and on. Each really cool MSDN case holds i believe 40 and there are three cases. It seems to all be from 2000-2001 and i think was released before anyone had the final versions. Maybe i should throw them on ebay to see what i could get but i thought i'd try here first. Could be collectible who knows. Anyone post anything..thanx for looking.

UPDATE #!: Since no intital interest on CAG i have listed it on ebay alot of people have viewed the auction and have asked questions. Will be fun to see what it goes for if anything. If it doesn't sell make me offers if you want.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7126210376

Update #2: auction ends tonight

UPDATE #3 holy crap look at those bids and hits i was gonna throw this away before i listed it

yea0437oz.jpg

yea0444zd.jpg

yea0450qp.jpg

I saw "Do you want these?" and the first thing I saw was the bouncy cartoon chicks boobs, so yes, I want those.

do u mean a card for digital cable boxes that give u every channel? I already have every channel and have 6 boxes with cards throughout my place so i would need like six cards to downgrade my cable and get everything free with the card if thats what u mean. I think these may be worth something not sure since i heard the subscription for these was multiple thousands of dollars a year and they didn't issue many a year.

hmmm 5 gajillion $$$$$$ lol jk

umm not sure what to ask saw something that appeared to be similar with only 1 disk selling on ebay for a few bucks so i think untill i find out more about these people gotta throw out prices or trade offers to me.

one extra note on these. they came from a very large corporation in which i believe was the only way to get something like this. As in not available to the public just available to programmers and developers and companies that can afford a yearly expensive ass subscription to MS betas.

I'd just throw these on ebay, that's the only way you're really going to find out their true value, either for better or for worse

[quote name='rodeojones903']A tv tuner card is for your PC. It esentially turns your PC into a TV and with the right software you have a free DVR.[/quote]

oo i might do that some day

[quote name='jimbodan']I'd just throw these on ebay, that's the only way you're really going to find out their true value, either for better or for worse[/quote]

Yea so what would u guys start the price out as?
I'm not sure that anything like this is on ebay now or even has been for awhile at least.
and what would you title the auction to recieve the most hits?

[quote name='cag1000']
and what would you title the auction to recieve the most hits?[/quote]

OMFG RArE DISCS!!1!2

[quote name='Cracka'][quote name='cag1000']
and what would you title the auction to recieve the most hits?[/quote]

OMFG RArE DISCS!!1!2[/quote]

actually they are i challenge anyone to find a similar set on ebay or for sale anywhere else :D

[quote name='hutno']I imagine that its somewhere close to these depending on what programs you have, but without any sort of subscription or the latest version, I'd assume its substantially less
http://msdn.microsoft.com/howtobuy/subscribers/default.aspx[/quote]

could be not sure but i just spoke with the source of the disks and he said that when they first started this MS would send 4 sets a year to a person but then dropped it to once per year. Also only 4 people in this very high up office were the only ones to recieve the subscription from the Corp. He said that it was $2700 a year per person!! and that for the 4 people in the office it was around 9000 a year. So what you are looking at was a one time $2700 set!! dam

I have a subscription for this through work. Yes it is very expensive. You have to realize that if you bought all of those programs seperately it would cost a lot more, plus you get 10+ licenses for each. One problem you may run into is that you will need the product keys for most of the software in order to install them. You might find someone to buy them, but I wouldn't expect much for it.

hmm product keys i'm not sure if they came with any more stuff than whats in the cases. So u confirm that yes these are very expensive and buying them seperatley would be more expensive. So what should i call the ebay auction? What should i start the price as?

[quote name='cag1000']hmm product keys i'm not sure if they came with any more stuff than whats in the cases. So u confirm that yes these are very expensive and buying them seperatley would be more expensive. So what should i call the ebay auction? What should i start the price as?[/quote]

I can also confirm that these subscriptions are quite pricey. I had one myself for over a year. However, a lot of what ms sends you is beta software. It has a trial period. If these discs are old (say 2000-2001) I highly doubt anyone is going to pay much for them if they are seriously looking for good software. Backoffice may be expensive to purchase, but most people looking to do so will want the newest versions. Most of this holds true for the other MS product lines. While there are some good discs in the msdn library, the only way you'd get a lot of money for these is if someone didn't know what they were. I would be careful on ebay as well due to licensing agreements. Ebay is known to pull certain auctions for things like this.

i was wondering about them pulling it from ebay because of liscensing but seems to be the only way to seel these unless someone wants to trade a san andreas a phantom brave and a paper mario(gc) for them :D i guess i'll have to give ebay a shot. what would u reccomend me calling the auction and what starting price?

i'm not sure i have updated the original post with my ebay auction for it. If it doesn't sell then i guess i'm up for trades on here. Since i didn't get any initial interest for it on CAG i tried ebay and now i have had almost 100 people check it out on ebay within a few days and about 4 ebay questions. I mean i saw a couple similar disks go for over $100 on ebay previously so it will be interesting to see what happens when this auction closes.

[quote name='cag1000']bump

wow i didnt know that these old things were worth this much[/quote]

I just hate to know how much shipping is going to cost.

bread's done
Back